Salaries of QVC Presenters in the USA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would seriously doubt the presenters in UK are paid anywhere near those figures????

The starting basic salary is lower than I'd have thought.

Those figures are for 2010 - do we have anyone financially inclined here who could adjust to today's approximate numbers according to US inflation since then?

Are american salaries not much higher than uk to start with?

It depends on the industry you're in nowadays. I wouldn't have thought there was much difference for a freelance TV presenter within the same group of companies.

No wonder Debbie F keeps plugging "my blog" and "tweet me" (not to mention THAT book) if it gets her more money. (No shrinking violet is our Debs). I wonder if they get more if they're up into the wee small hours doing the TSVs?

Do we have any idea what the viewing figures are like in UK or USA? I know here they claim potential viewers but that is very far removed from reality!

USA audiences are a lot lower in some cases than i thought - X Factor USA as an example gets less viewers than its UK counterpart. Of course i don't know if that takes into account time zones reshowing etc

Average 1.4% salary increase in uK in 2012 is all i know

us has a huge populous much more than uk. so much so they get far better deals than we do in uk

It's a known fact that Craig Rowe's contract was for £100K per annum when he won the search for a presenter competition in 2009. If he got this surely the more established presenters would earn the same or more pro rota? The American salaries seem meagre compared to the UK presenters.

Im amazed at these figures - clearly I'm in the wrong job then!!! If Craig is worth that then I'm worth millions lol!!

I'd be very interested to know the measure that they use for popularity (and I mean that seriously).

In the UK, TV viewing figures for the TV shopping channels are not measured as they are counted as advertising channels. QVC talk about audience reach (ie how many Households can receive QVC), which is far from the same as how many people watch.

However, I could come up with an educated guess. Say in a launch TSV show they have 5000 orders (not unreasonable on a popular brand), it's likely that they are achieving a response rate of between 5% and 10% of viewers, so that would make a viewing audience of 100k and 200k. I have to say, that has the right feel about it. I would guess an average viewing figure of under 0.5m.

I'd be very interested to know the measure that they use for popularity (and I mean that seriously).

"Former QVC host Phyllis Lampkin is quoted in the magazine as saying that viewers who called to order products were polled on how well they liked the look and personality of the show host. Those with the highest viewer approval ratings received quarterly bonuses, according to the story."

Im amazed at these figures - clearly I'm in the wrong job then!!! If Craig is worth that then I'm worth millions lol!!

Personally I'd be surprised if, after all these years, JR doesn't take home at least £200K.

But they only work about 3 hours per day and not even every day!!

Trying to get some perspective on this - Christine Blakely(sp?) left BBC and £250k contract to move to ITV. Cant remember the soap star but someone had signed a £150k renewal contrat. Why wouldn't everyone want a job on shopping telly, I mean really are Jill, Craig, Catherine etc the best qvc can do??????

I'd doubt that many people who may be suitable would want the job. Regardless of the hard time we give the presenters on here, it's not an easy job. On the main channels all the presenters have a script, and they have autocue giving them the links between stories etc. If they're on screen on their own the autocue will be feeding them everything they have to say. And in interviews both parties will have been schooled in exactly what's to be covered, how long for etc. On shopping telly the presenters have to do almost everything off the cuff and have to keep it entertaining. They're pretty much unscripted, and as we know from watching those who talk rubbish, talking interesting sense non-stop for an hour on your own is hard. It's a real skill to perform like JR. And just because someone is a wonderful actor when they have a rehearsed script and direction, that doesn't mean they'll be wonderful if stood in front of a camera and left to their own devices for an hour. Most actors are terrified if put in front of an audience without a script.

Latest posts

Back