Qvc Overhaul!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
I think its fair to say the majority of us are getting bored of Qvc and as the Number 1 shopping channel its about time they stopped being so complacent and pulled there socks up so here's my thoughts of ways they could improve.

1. Be more competitive with prices, majority of items on Q can be bought elsewhere at a cheaper price.
2. P&P... enough said lol Most online retailers offer free p&p why cant Q? if not then at least cap p&p or orders or if your ordering more than one of the same item it should be 1 p&p.
3. Stop repeating TSV's. if people miss out the first time then hard luck, also stop bringing TSV'S back the following day at introducing prices which is only a few pounds more.
4. Have more items on Easy pays, anything over £50 imo should be on easy payments.
5. If there gonna bring items over for USA qvc then please bring the good items only, if u look oN QVCusa they have some great items yet we seem to get stuck with the dodgy fashion.
6. Sort the website out, many people are very unhappy with it since it changed and id imagine is putting people off using it.
7. Delivery times. The amount we pay for p&p we should be getting next day delivery, most online retailers are able to offer this why cant Q?
8. Stop messing up orders, first RCM and then Ultra sun, its unacceptable in this day and age.
9. Stop using slim models for shape wear shows, theres no point at all, its giving the viewer false hope, its the same for the hair and beauty shows, there is no point in having a model with amazing hair to start with or a model with flawless skin and telling us that the product in the demo is the reason for it.
10. Ban presenters from writing books!!!! or if they do write them then ban them from selling on Q.

Please feel free to add ur own as we all know that QVC love the number 1 shopping forum :D

All excellent points.

Leave the ipads off set would be my suggestion. And stop the advanced order scam...if you're reducing your risk by only ordering units sold then pass that on to the customer as a discount. Shut the F up about your buying power...it's meaningless in terms of competitive pricing!

Jude xx

All excellent points.

Leave the ipads off set would be my suggestion. And stop the advanced order scam...if you're reducing your risk by only ordering units sold then pass that on to the customer as a discount. Shut the F up about your buying power...it's meaningless in terms of competitive pricing!

Jude xx

Yes forgot the Ipads and bleeding Twitter lol

Let the guest (who is there as the expert) speak & tell us about the products. Too many presenters love the sound of their own voice!

For me as my main interest is beauty I do wish they would introduce more new brands I am so sick of seeing the same products repeated over and over Revitalsh springs to mind.
Lynn

To sort out their system for returned items. They say nobody gets returned items and yet we all know they do. All kinds of stuff have been found in bags, coats etc. When people arepaying for new stuff, they expect new stuff, especially at Q`s prices.

Hi everyone, newbie here. Thought I would jump in straight away with a moan. I hate being told how many units of an item have been sold, how many people have jumped onto the phones, I really don't care! They should also get rid of that banner down the right hand side of the tv - it is useful for sizes, but the rest of the info is driving me mad. And don't get me started on twitter. Arrrrggggg. Also when selling nail varnish, show the colours and don't rabbit on about how many awards the firm has won, or which celebrity is wearing a colour, I want to see the colours on the models nails. When an item has been ordered send it out that day or the very next day - don't take days to despatch. Please don't mention Christmas till October at the earliest!

Hi everyone, newbie here. Thought I would jump in straight away with a moan. I hate being told how many units of an item have been sold, how many people have jumped onto the phones, I really don't care! They should also get rid of that banner down the right hand side of the tv - it is useful for sizes, but the rest of the info is driving me mad. And don't get me started on twitter. Arrrrggggg. Also when selling nail varnish, show the colours and don't rabbit on about how many awards the firm has won, or which celebrity is wearing a colour, I want to see the colours on the models nails. When an item has been ordered send it out that day or the very next day - don't take days to despatch. Please don't mention Christmas till October at the earliest!

Welcome Anna great first post , your not presenter Anna are you by any chance ;)

Good suggestions Autumn and others.

Trouble is, as I have said before, QVC is a dinosaur. They will not change as long as they are making money nothing will change. QVC US is the same, complaints about the P&P, boring products etc. They won't change as they still make the money.

Think of QVC as a middle aged woman, very set in her ways. She would have to be dragged kicking and screaming to revamp her look.

Hi Autumn, no I am not Anna - although I wouldn't mind being that thin and 20 years younger - or more!

QVC have replied on Facebook about the famous P&P

we just wanted to pop on and clarify some information for you regarding our p&p costs. Our p&p costs cover packaging, materials and insurance and can vary depending on the size and weight of an item. We make sure all postage and packing charges are clearly displayed wherever you can buy an item with QVC as we want to make sure that our customers have all the necessary information before they buy. On-air, the postage and packing charges are highlighted underneath the individual item cost and online the information is included for all products in your shopping basket.
As a result our customers can feel confident that they have all the information they need before choosing to purchase. Also, when you buy any amount of identical products (same colour, size and style) in the same order and have them delivered to the same address, known as a Multi-Quantity order, you will pay the full postage and packing charge for the first product and the postage and packing charge on each additional identical product will be fifty percent (50%) of the first product’s postage and packing charge. If you have any further concerns or questions please contact us on at this email address [email protected] x

Welcome Anna:flower: Great first post. I agree with everything except about being told how many items they've sold - I love hearing how many people are buying certain products - dont know why, just nosey I suppose lol!!

Welcome Anna:flower: Great first post. I agree with everything except about being told how many items they've sold - I love hearing how many people are buying certain products - dont know why, just nosey I suppose lol!!

Yep, me too

Oh I didn't know there was a problem with the ultrasun, mine arrived last Thursday and everything was as it should be. I don't actually mind the P&P because I usually get my things very quickly. I ordered a record player on Sunday night and it arrived today, I would prefer that than have free postage and my order take three weeks to get to me.I am too impatient!
What they could do is put a limit and say if you spend over £xx, you get free P&P.
I get fed up of celebrities designing jewelry ranges and flogging them on QVC. I would love more beauty ranges to come to QVC but would like them to get rid and not encourage anymore "beauty" people who swear their products are wonderful but have obviously been under the knife or at the pointy end of a syringe, please stop insulting us.
On the topic of presenters, please can we have some calming ones and retire some of the "me,me,me" shouty ones?
thanks

Sorry to repeat what has been said but please please ditch the i pads on air its as bad as mobiles on buses.

Trouble with dinosaurs is they'll end up sinking into the retail equivalent of the La Brea Tar Pits!

QVC US sometimes have a number on screen counting down the units sold...maybe QVC UK daren't risk the awkward moment when only 5 units sell in spite of AY shrieking! Plus the presenters wouldn't be able to pad out their spiel with updates of stock sold...or..heaven forbid.. fib about how popular an item is!

Jude xx

I personally would like to see P&P reduced or at the very least capped.

I would like (some) guests to be given the chance to speak - QVC are obsessed with guests...why have them,if they can't speak?!

I would like a more varied stock of products.

I think they are becoming so expensive now,I would personally like to see the 30 days MBG reduced to 14 or even abolished,if it meant we could have cheaper prices.For example I really want to try LG neutralizer spackle.I just don't want to pay QVC £29 and the a further £3.95 ? postage.I've just bought it on ebay for £15 including postage.I can't send it back,there is no trial period.Might be madness when yes I could have tried it on QVC and sent it back - but I just sell it on if it doesn't suit.Having used her other spackle,I kinda think it will be OK (even if I never repurchase) and at half the price of QVC.I'm *tired* of paying hiked up prices for a service (30 days MBG) I rarely use.

Latest posts

Back