QVC profits

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Regarding Argos I've not been impressed lately I wanted a dehumidifier recently, was out of stock on the manufacturer's website looked on Argos was £30 dearer and then wanted me to pay £6 for delivery. Google searched found it on John Lewis same price as manufacturer with free delivery and free extended warranty, delivered in 2 days - very happy.

I had a knock at the door last night at 6.30 pm, I thought it must be the electric man to read the meter as he is due. No, a postman with a parcel for me, seems it was supposed to be delivered yesterday but put on the wrong van. He was on his way home and decided to deliver it to me!!! Yes, I was shocked.

The electric man has not come yet, so submitted my own reading.
Oh that was nice of him .. assuming RM postie ? … the electric people 🤦🏻‍♀️we are waiting for our electric box in garage to be moved .. promised and promised on the day of the app that he would be there , but no contact from fhe person who was due here .. this office said “ he’s had 2 emergency ones .. oh make that 3 “ …. He will def be there today though …. Wasn’t there and didn’t intend to be .. we couldn’t relax as we rushed back from town thinking they would be there from 1 -5 pm .. 27 December .. no show … so the only other day we could get is a week tomorrow.. if they don’t turn up I’m going on trust pilot to leave a stinking review … hubby was on the phone 48 mins precisely logging complaint as it took so long for the agent to sort it etc .. I won’t name them .. yet .. will see how next week goes

The easy pays attract customers, especially on top of the sale price, but then, it's spoiled by the high p&p. Capped p&p would be the way to go, and to stop the 60 day return policy. I've ceased buying clothes due to receiving them used. However, the food always looks good, and the shoes, handbags, garden products and kitchen items are often worthwhile buys. Of course, the p&p can put customers off. Diamonique and beauty products must bring QVC plenty of profits as well. I wonder if sales are affected by the person selling. For example, even if I'm interested in a product, I can't bear listening to the sales pitch of certain presenters. Unnecessary giggling, clowning and talking about themselves can halt sales, don't you think?

The days of the really good Beauty TSV'S are long gone in my opinion can't remember the last one I was excited for.
I did get the Elizabeth Grant one as my sister uses it and said it was a really good price and the products are very good. I think one of two forum members are fans as well.
It was the first thing I've bought of QVC in two years as I've found Amazon to be good as well as Boots,when they have offers to load on the app, I've got a bit of money built up to go towards something probably in the Spring.

Their business model has been beyond outdated for years now and they've made no attempts to change with the environment they operate in. I haven't watched live (or even landed for a few minutes when channel surfing) for years now. If there's a product or deal that I'm interested in, which I usually become aware of on here, then I'll watch a recorded demo. That's the only advantage they've got over other online retailers, the demos are generally very informative for the beauty products, at least (that's if you can tolerate the screeching hyperbole!). Even then, I'll Google the product to see if there's a better deal on offer elsewhere and this is typical behaviour among savvy online shoppers. Essentially on occasions, they're providing a consumer information service. This may be fine with the BA's but is not the intention of QVC and they need to be more responsive to consumer behaviour and competitively do things to incentivise loyalty. Amazon recently refunded me £11.00 on a BF deal I'd bought because they reduced the price further over the weekend - this was unprompted by me, and I was sent an email to say the money would be refunded to my card within two-five days. If they don't change and improve, their profits will continue to dwindle and their live shows will be scaled back, with the main channel becoming more of a platform for repeated online demos.
Amazon were very good at refunding quickly.
I've only had to return a couple of things and when I've taken the parcel to the local pick up shop I've had an acknowledgement before I've left the shop. Never had to wait more than a couple of days for money to be back on my card. Now that's service.

I did get the Elizabeth Grant one as my sister uses it and said it was a really good price and the products are very good. I think one of two forum members are fans as well.
It was the first thing I've bought of QVC in two years as I've found Amazon to be good as well as Boots,when they have offers to load on the app, I've got a bit of money built up to go towards something probably in the Spring.

I've only had to return a couple of things and when I've taken the parcel to the local pick up shop I've had an acknowledgement before I've left the shop. Never had to wait more than a couple of days for money to be back on my card. Now that's service.
I'm a huge Amazon fan as well.

All TSVs should have free postage and EZ pays as well. If it's supposed to be a good deal then make it one. Charging P&P for each item is a stupid idea as you can end up paying £30 in postage if you want a few items. Who in their right mind would pay that?

CC
The Qurios of course, but they exactly in their right minds where they? I can only hope that not being able to flaunt all their purchases have taken the edge of their compulsion to buy!

The Qurios of course, but they exactly in their right minds where they? I can only hope that not being able to flaunt all their purchases have taken the edge of their compulsion to buy!
The Qurios would have certainly paid the postage charges for each item,but to be fair the regular contributors dwindled down to the very few compulsive purchasers.
Not many could sustain that level of buying except for one particular person!
Qurio ended because it could not encourage enough of the compulsive buying customers to keep buying 🤣🤣🤣

Merryone, can you honestly see Hollydolly cutting back on her spending? I bet she's having the time of her life buying up all the reduced Home Reflections crap that couldn't shift before Christmas!😂, oh and the odd Harry Slatkin!

Merryone, can you honestly see Hollydolly cutting back on her spending? I bet she's having the time of her life buying up all the reduced Home Reflections crap that couldn't shift before Christmas!😂, oh and the odd Harry Slatkin!
I bought that cardinal luminiere thingy in the sale (no candle). I'd looked at it a few times and really liked it. When it arrived it's huge and will definitely take those little lights as well as a big candle or faux candle. I actually did think it was worth the money. Of course I didn't need it and Mr CC thinks it's pure tat but the other thing I bought is going back so I'm being good (ish).

CC

I'm glad to say I don't buy half as much as I used to, but I still spend far too much. I do buy most of my shoes from them as the chance to wear them properly before deciding if they are suitable is worth the £2.94 to return them if they don't as opposed to having to keep them from any other retailer. I often find that shoes which seem wonderful when tried on in the house then turn into toe mangling monsters the second I step outside, so they then cost me the postage instead of the cost of keeping the shoes.
Me too re shoes. I also like that they do vegan ranges as it really is pot luck whether they will be comfortable and I have wasted too much money over the years wearing a pair just once and covered in blisters.
Also good for trying out new gadgets - will they really save me time or end up on the shelf. I have kept the Shark cordless vacuum - love it.
Also presents like Neom that I can split up to make more gifts and the upside is people think you have spent more!
I may occasionally “abuse” the 60 day trial period but generally if I buy something and it’s not for me it goes straight back under the right to cancel so at least I get my p and p refunded

Returns are my biggest gripe with QVC. I hadn't sent anything back in years until recently and it took 10 days for them to be process it and refund my money.

I agree that Amazon are great at turning around returns and processing refunds. If you receive a damaged item and want a replacement, they send it immediately and give you a good timeframe in which to return the damaged one. Also, if you request to speak to someone in CS, they call you immediately on your preferred number. The Prime membership is well worth it.

The easy pays attract customers, especially on top of the sale price, but then, it's spoiled by the high p&p. Capped p&p would be the way to go, and to stop the 60 day return policy. I've ceased buying clothes due to receiving them used. However, the food always looks good, and the shoes, handbags, garden products and kitchen items are often worthwhile buys. Of course, the p&p can put customers off. Diamonique and beauty products must bring QVC plenty of profits as well. I wonder if sales are affected by the person selling. For example, even if I'm interested in a product, I can't bear listening to the sales pitch of certain presenters. Unnecessary giggling, clowning and talking about themselves can halt sales, don't you think?
When the old Facebook QVC was still there. People were, and I bet, still blinded by the easy pay. Endless comments over the years, Oh, if it had been on easy pay I would buy it. Not on easy pay, not fair. Gives you an idea. Easy pay is king where QVC are concerned.

I did wonder today where Margerine Burgervan had gone - and then saw on the website that the Reformer is no longer being sold on QVC. That said, all products are 'out of stock' on the AeroPilates website itself, so there's something going on there, clearly. I might have missed the live shows, but there doesn't seem to be nearly as many fitness shows as there usually are at New Year. Every time it's been on, I've either seen the quackery from Prime 50 selling things that 99.9% of the UK population will not benefit from, or left-over American tat from Christmas.

People have heard the penny drop that exercise equipment will only work if you use it. The various contraptions are usually nine day wonders. Maybe the would-be buyers are going for the appetite suppressant jabs instead. Regarding the Prime 50 supplements, the owner of the company rarely shows himself on QVC now. What got my goat about him was that he used his PhD to suggest he was an MD. Certainly he is a doctor but not a doctor of medicine.

People have heard the penny drop that exercise equipment will only work if you use it. The various contraptions are usually nine day wonders. Maybe the would-be buyers are going for the appetite suppressant jabs instead. Regarding the Prime 50 supplements, the owner of the company rarely shows himself on QVC now. What got my goat about him was that he used his PhD to suggest he was an MD. Certainly he is a doctor but not a doctor of medicine.
Yes, exactly. He's a biochemist - that's all. He uses data and academic research in a completely deceitful, disingenuous way knowing that the overwhelming majority of viewers will not 'do their own research', but believe his quackery. Same as 'Dr Seaweed', whose Ph.D is actually in...marine biology.

It's a cheap, deceitful trick to refer to quacks shilling unnecessary supplements and magic food as 'Drs' - the obvious aim is confuse in the mind of the viewer an 'academic' Dr (i.e on with a Ph.D) with a medical doctor (the vast majority of whom, ironically, do not have a Ph.D). On that line, our very own QBD spent quite some time last year referring to the Toenail Clipper MBE as 'medically trained', running 'consultations and clinics' and generally trying to make out that she was medical rather than cosmetic.

Latest posts

Back