A New Max Wall?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
(mum writes)

Is it just me or did Jill Franks forget to get fully dressed last night? The look she was sporting was how I look when I'm in my thermal underwear before putting the rest of my clothes on! It reminded me of a two pin plug. I'm sure most of us wouldn't go to the office looking like that - my office would send me home to change! - so how can she think it's appropriate for national TV? And don't QVC have any standards of their own?

I thought Jill was looking even thinner recently, I hope not.
Just seen Debbie F in leggings & some people ( the vast majority) should never go near them--- Debbie included.

It's going to be a sad day when the younger generation will have no mental image of the famous Max Wall. Who on earth can we use to explain how bad the leggings look can look on some?!

I only heard about Max Wall from my mum, who said "you look like Max Wall" when we went jeans shopping when I was about 13 and I was desperate to buy the most skin tight jeans I could pour myself into. Then she said I would get vericose veins is I bought them. She never let me get them :( I wish she had as then I could say once upon a time I could fit into jeans like that. Not any more!

It used to be JR that had the accolade of resembling Max Wall, now its Jill Franks.

Leggings are great for casual wear - shopping, gym, school run etc, worn with LONG baggy jumper, t shirt, but worn with knee length frocks they just look ridiculous. And it must be extremely hot wearing the 2 items together ! The lady who presents Yankee Candles sported that look with heeled mary jane shoes, I'm sorry but she looked a disaster. Debbie Flint does it and wears her white wedges ! Do these people never look in the mirror before they set foot in the studio ? There are some fashions that do not suit anyone over the age of 20 and carrying a few extra pounds. (I'm being uber tactful here)

I was once stuck in traffic and saw a large lady walking up ahead. From a distance it looked like she was wearing a short top and nothing at all below. As I got near, I could see she was actually wearing skin tight flesh coloured leggings. The view from the back had to be seen to be believed. :mysmilie_17:

I envy anyone who can get away with leggings. I didn't see Jill Franks so can't comment - one problem with not watching QVC much*, even if it is on in the background at times.

*Missing Jill Franks isn't a problem, missing out on understanding comments here is.

Is JF now contracted to work every single night from dusk to dawn ????? more work more money, -so it was to her advantage that two of her colleagues didn't have their contracts renewed. Just saying.

I eventually saw JF yesterday on another programme. At one camera angle her cheekbone stuck out quite sharply, poor lass. It really isn't a good look, particularly when her blusher was almost streaked on, presumably to make her cheeks look fuller. There must be quite a lot of pressure on these presenters to constantly look good, but looking good and being stick thin aren't the same thing at all.

I have great admiration for JF, I admit she wasn't one of my preferred presenters, then I happened to read her recent blog about her horrendous health challenges relating to a car crash, and her mission to try and diagnose the mystery symptoms she struggled with
Of course, there are many people unwell, but it must be very frustrating not knowing what you have, or indeed poor JF trying to convince Dr's via a litany of symptoms (she had) they had never heard of before, resulting in many individuals doubting her claims.

So glad she was finally diagnosed and treated. Hopefully now, Jill is well (albeit costing her many thousands of pounds)
and happy

I wear leggings under a dress, with boots on they look no different to opaque tights and less faffing around to put on!

Latest posts

Back