Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sally 'Ellie May Clampett' is on now, selling Zhuzh! Tan Accelerator. Now get this : -

'You also look, erm, I'm not going to tell you this is going to lose you weight so please don't think that but what I will say is when you have a tan everyone looks slimmer'.

That's EVERYONE looks slimmer with a tan. So, if BIG BRODEL had a tan would he look slimmer?

Quick, someone get him the Zhuzh! :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

It was once explained to us by an ex employee of a shopping channel (I actually think it might of been of Ideal World but it was a few years ago) that brands like Bissell and Vax do deals with shopping channels whereby they effectively pay a consideration for their products to be aired so they are technically advertising them on TV but very cost effectively.

They apparently know that lots of people who see the presentations will still buy the product from more recognised retailers. The shopping channel supposedly really only makes any decent money from the apparent 'consideration'.

Dunno how factual that is but it kind of made sense and explained how come they are always (or I should say usually) quite a fair bit cheaper than retail as the manufacturer knows that in real terms they won't really sell that many at the low price anyway, not compared to their bread and butter retailers like Currys and Argos.

But if it is true they seem to have been following this practice for a long time now. But if they're cheaper they're cheaper so it's best to buy from them! :mysmilie_59:

And they are incredibly busy. Shreque's combover is in meltdown.

Sally 'Ellie May Clampett' is on now, selling Zhuzh! Tan Accelerator. Now get this : -

'You also look, erm, I'm not going to tell you this is going to lose you weight so please don't think that but what I will say is when you have a tan everyone looks slimmer'.

That's EVERYONE looks slimmer with a tan. So, if BIG BRODEL had a tan would he look slimmer?

Quick, someone get him the Zhuzh! :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11859View attachment 11860View attachment 11861

I think BIG BRODEL fries his chips in it

Clearly not satisfied with selling Cruises to Dubai our resident (I'm not?) Gay Tour Guide, Nanty, is now shilling Cruises ...

To RUSSIA

Why doesn't he just have done with it and sell 'The Gays' one way tickets to Riyadh :mysmilie_13:

image.jpg

Clearly not satisfied with selling Cruises to Dubai our resident (I'm not?) Gay Tour Guide, Nanty, is now shilling Cruises ...

To RUSSIA

Why doesn't he just have done with it and sell 'The Gays' one way tickets to Riyadh :mysmilie_13:

View attachment 11862

Ideal World Cruises: sponsored by UKIP, ISIL and US Christian fundamentalist organisations.

Ideal World Cruises: sponsored by UKIP, ISIL and US Christian fundamentalist organisations.

Being serious, for once.

I get he's just someone that's hired by a company and by a company that I personally suspect isn't doing as well as it might be. I totally get he's, perhaps, concerned for his and his (male) partners future.

But, honestly, it's pretty bad when a (I presume) gay guy is expecting to be taken seriously when he's selling 'holidays' to Dubai and Russia.

It's one thing when lard arse 'Chefs' have the bare faced cheek, for years, to keep shilling fat fighting cookers and expect to be taken seriously but this takes the biscuit.

I'd say it takes the Cup Cake but Alpha Male Nanty probably doesn't like Cup Cakes. I doubt he would in Moscow anyway :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

I want a cupcake now!

It's a bit off to not mention that certain tourists may encounter issues in certain countries, and that "other cultures" visited may very well be blatantly homophobic, misogynistic and have an exciting attitude towards public alcohol consumption.

Buyer beware, and all that

I want a cupcake now!

It's a bit off to not mention that certain tourists may encounter issues in certain countries, and that "other cultures" visited may very well be blatantly homophobic, misogynistic and have an exciting attitude towards public alcohol consumption.

Buyer beware, and all that

He honestly makes me cold. But not as cold as he seems himself. I genuinely find him far, far more unpleasant than even LITTLE GOLLUM.

For me he's infinitely worse than any of the ex Bid lot, all of them. In fact I find him even worse than the revolting James 'Neil' Russell (who's little company doesn't exactly seem to be setting the film world on fire). I wonder if he'll be looking to get hired by Ideal World?

Flat Frog? Flat Profits. I wonder if 20th Century Fox are considering a merger? :mysmilie_19:

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/06996733/FLAT-FROG-FILMS-LTD/summary

But then, where do cruises come under Ideal's 14 day money-back guarantee?

"In July, my mum bought my partner and I a two-week cruise around the Persian Gulf. Everything was fine until our first port of call in Dubai. After a romantic lunch, my partner kissed me. After a delightful surprise arrest, we experienced a whistle-stop trip in the back of a windowless to an atmospheric local gendarmerie. My partner and I experienced the local culture through beatings and being spat upon, until a British embassy official arrived to say we'd each get forty lashes for promoting deviant behaviour in public. Definitely the most exciting trip we have ever experienced"

He honestly makes me cold. But not as cold as he seems himself. I genuinely find him far, far more unpleasant than even LITTLE GOLLUM.

For me he's infinitely worse than any of the ex Bid lot. All of them, he's worse than James Russell (who's company doesn't exactly seem to be setting the film world on fire) :down:

Shaun's as bad as Pervy Pete. Playing up the image of the dutiful son/grandson, who is so distraught he can't buy his dearly missed family a mobility scooter or overpriced spongy mattress. But there's nothing else there. Just the act to make OAPs part with their cash.

And I dread to think what kind of movies Mr Russell is making.

:mysmilie_11:

Shaun's as bad as Pervy Pete. Playing up the image of the dutiful son/grandson, who is so distraught he can't buy his dearly missed family a mobility scooter or overpriced spongy mattress. But there's nothing else there. Just the act to make OAPs part with their cash.

And I dread to think what kind of movies Mr Russell is making.

:mysmilie_11:

They're concrete proof (probably apart from QVC, for a while anyway) that Selly Telly in this live form is perhaps now in it's swansong.

Ideal World is outdated and tacky, often vulgar. It's very much approaching lowest common denominator now. I think the 'Magic Hose' sale is indicative of where Ideal World maybe is now.

It seems to me they have replaced a well known brand with a no name and quite likely far cheaper alternative and then trying to pass it off as better than the previous product, but at very much the same price.

It won't wash. You can see these channels are all over the place, Shreque was on C&C before and didn't even attempt to hide the fact he knows absolutely nothing about crafting, Dirty Peter was on it yesterday and even by his standards was even more vapid. It's an insult to crafters.

Live Selly Telly (but especially Ideal) is becoming a bad joke, from what I've read even the once imperious Gems TV looks to be in trouble :mysmilie_59:

They're concrete proof (probably apart from QVC, for a while anyway) that Selly Telly in this live form is perhaps now in it's swansong.

Ideal World is outdated and tacky, often vulgar. It's very much approaching lowest common denominator now. I think the 'Magic Hose' sale is indicative of where Ideal World maybe is now.

It seems to me they have replaced a well known brand with a no name and quite likely far cheaper alternative and then trying to pass it off as better than the previous product, but at very much the same price.

It won't wash. You can see these channels are all over the place, Shreque was on C&C before and didn't even attempt to hide the fact he knows absolutely nothing about crafting, Dirty Peter was on it yesterday and even by his standards was even more vapid. It's an insult to crafters.

Live Selly Telly (but especially Ideal) is becoming a bad joke, from what I've read even the once imperious Gems TV looks to be in trouble :mysmilie_59:

From the little I've seen of Gems, and the reports of viewers on here, the channels are in as bad a state as Ideal World.

Constant screaming to buy, not enough info about possible downsides (like flogging fairly soft gems in not very protective jewellery styles [like tanzanite bangles/bracelets], which reputable jewellers don't recommend). Or no info pre-sale about whether jewels have been colour treated, or how stable the colour treatment is.

Shaun's on again. He's got dressed up to flog an expensive coffee maker.

And it's cheaper on Amazon, even with £9.99 delivery charge.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Melitta-Caffeo-Barista-freestanding-Fully-auto/dp/B00EPLAG2M?ie=UTF8&SubscriptionId=AKIAIXMCBZWUOROXOPDQ&ascsubtag=577c27f4c27a27.36250268&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00EPLAG2M&linkCode=xm2&tag=xxsa01-21

He really should get Linda Lusardi or Bessie Bunter from Lizzie G to sort out those bags under his eyes.

He could easily store a couple of Luggies in each.

From the little I've seen of Gems, and the reports of viewers on here, the channels are in as bad a state as Ideal World.

Constant screaming to buy, not enough info about possible downsides (like flogging fairly soft gems in not very protective jewellery styles [like tanzanite bangles/bracelets], which reputable jewellers don't recommend). Or no info pre-sale about whether jewels have been colour treated, or how stable the colour is.

It's a shame about Gems TV, jewellery isn't something I'm particularly interested in but I know many people used to speak very highly of that channel, as they did Ideal World (including me). Not now.

But look at the jewellery Ideal sell? It's atrocious. And it seems they've all but given up on tech which is perhaps no bad thing given what they were selling.

I keep hearing they've got stacks more stuff on the website. I've had a good look and unless I'm missing something it's pretty much the same as, with some 'extras', sure. But all the rings are all Moissanite, all the watches are still no names (or named after Sports Cars), I'm sure the clothes are what we've seen on air. The kitchen stuff is mostly the same with some bits and bobs. The furniture is the usual procession of pleather, there's barely any tech apart from the remains of the iPads with cobwebs and truly eyewateringly expensive reconditioned iPhones. The endless Hoovers are all there, and of course the keep fit dross.

They do sell fragrances which are not anything like as competitively priced as the well known online fragrance retailers (for example they inexplicably seem to have 50ml & 100ml of Escape for Men EDT Spray, both supposedly for £19.99 & £4.99 P&P. The Perfume Shop sell it at that price for 100ml and free postage).

It puts me in mind of one the multitude of J D Williams websites. Overpriced tatt, or anything decent is just overpriced :mysmilie_59:

Shaun's on again. He's got dressed up to flog an expensive coffee maker.

And it's cheaper on Amazon, even with £9.99 delivery charge.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Melitta-Caffeo-Barista-freestanding-Fully-auto/dp/B00EPLAG2M?ie=UTF8&SubscriptionId=AKIAIXMCBZWUOROXOPDQ&ascsubtag=577c27f4c27a27.36250268&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00EPLAG2M&linkCode=xm2&tag=xxsa01-21

He really should get Linda Lusardi or Bessie Bunter from Lizzie G to sort out those bags under his eyes.

He could easily store a couple of Luggies in each.

Or he could go to Riyadh, they'll certainly sort the bags out under his eyes.

Chop Chop :mysmilie_59:

I'm not sure which one famed coffee junkie Nanty was drooling over more: the Melitta machine, or the rather cute guest.

It was all "Oooh Jonny" this and "Oh Jonny!" that.

It's Honky Tonks Jase I feel sorry for

I'm not sure which one famed coffee junkie Nanty was drooling over more: the Melitta machine, or the rather cute guest.

It was all "Oooh Jonny" this and "Oh Jonny!" that.

It's Honky Tonks Jase I feel sorry for

The Coffee 'expert' who tries to sound like an extra from Made in Chelsea?

If you can be bothered just listen to the utter carp he spews. He'll get away with it because they probably don't sell very many of them.

'It'll pay for itself in a year' is his favourite line. 'Mellow Birds Will Make You Smile' is my favourite line :mysmilie_59:

The Coffee 'expert' who tries to sound like an extra from Made in Chelsea?

If you can be bothered just listen to the utter carp he spews. He'll get away with it because they probably don't sell very many of them.

'It'll pay for itself in a year' is his favourite line. 'Mellow Birds Will Make You Smile' is my favourite line :mysmilie_59:

The guest wasn't allowed to say much. Every time he tried, Nanty would interrupt with stock updates, to explain how he knows this was a considered purchase but to buy it anyway, and to advise that it was incredibly busy.

The guest wasn't allowed to say much. Every time he tried, Nanty would interrupt with stock updates, to explain how he knows this was a considered purchase but to buy it anyway, and to advise that it was incredibly busy.

I'm aghast that a brand like Melitta would wish for their excellent products to be sold in such an awful, downmarket way and on such a truly ghastly channel.

But let's face it, can you honestly imagine there are that many people watching this carp who are in the market for a £600, £800 or £1000 Coffee Maker on the back of a pitch from a low rent Ollie Locke Tribute Act and Nan Nanty Nan? Two Tops for £25, on instalments, sure, but this? Nah!

You can just hear Jocasta and Giles telling their Primrose Hill dinner part guests 'oh, ya, we bought our Melitta from Ideal World on The Sky Television, it's bally marvellous':mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

The machine itself looks fab, and if I had the cash I'd buy one.

But it would be from somewhere reputable like John Lewis

Latest posts

Back