Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nanty is selling Curtains. He says 'he' has been updating 'his' house lately so I guess he still lives alone?

Then, inevitably, he talks about his Mam. They've been updating her house, he said all they did was change the Curtains (from Ideal World) and 'made some cushions from the fabric' and she was delighted. Indeed she said 'Now I don't need a new Sofa'.

Betcha don't Mam. He probably offered you one from The Furniture Collection :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13850

Is he being funny?

Just caught him saying he bought his Mam the curtains for Mother's Day!

Could he get any more dislikable? Well, actually it gets worse.

He was talking about when he was buying his own Curtains yet he went to Next, M&S and John Lewis :mysmilie_59:

I can confirm he's not, he's just said that the curtains 'don't crease easily do they? I'm not being funny but......'

No Nanty, they don't crease easily. Can we guess why?

100% Polyester

Not that they ever mentioned that, all Creepy Crawley kept saying was that they 'looked expensive' :mysmilie_59:

"That cyclonic action is quite remarkable" - Peter Simon, during a demo of a cheap-as-chips (£34.99+£5.99 P&P) Monster hard floor and handheld vacuum cleaner which failed to completely pick up a simple trail of white powder hence having all the suction power of a mouse.

You really have to laugh at the desperation :mysmilie_15:

"That cyclonic action is quite remarkable" - Peter Simon, during a demo of a cheap-as-chips (£34.99+£5.99 P&P) Monster hard floor and handheld vacuum cleaner which failed to completely pick up a simple trail of white powder hence having all the suction power of a mouse.

You really have to laugh at the desperation :mysmilie_15:

Now, now PP. Among Monster Vacuum's tough 'almost achievements' were : -

Risotto Rice
Salt
Sugar
Washing Powder
Dry Cat Food (it clearly got some stuck in the nozzle, the camera panned away quick smart)
An obscure, brown powder

And a long piece of very thin ribbon, Dirty Peter was particularly impressed by this :mysmilie_59:

What an absolute contridiction IW and Mr Buff Buff Buff is, all of a sudden Waterless wax has been removed from history and now the Hyundai pressure washer is the best thing to clean a car with EVER!!....FACT!! They even had a demo car in the studio that they used to show how good the Hyundai pressure washer is!!! Laughable!!!!

How do they keep a straight face? Seriously? I'm at a total loss!!!

Did anyone hear what Shreque actually said at 7pm when they were introducing a Vibrapower and Bike Box 'special' bundle for the dealtastic price of roughly £200 when both items were previously being sold separately for something like £50 each?

Shreque unbelievably said something along the lines of the Vibrapower not giving a full body workout, which if he did say that can only mean one of two things; either they were previously lying when they said that the Vibrapower did give a full body workout, or alternatively that Shreque was lying because they had to sell the bundled Bike Box as well. Either way doesn't look good I'm afraid :mysmilie_59:

What an absolute contridiction IW and Mr Buff Buff Buff is, all of a sudden Waterless wax has been removed from history and now the Hyundai pressure washer is the best thing to clean a car with EVER!!....FACT!! They even had a demo car in the studio that they used to show how good the Hyundai pressure washer is!!! Laughable!!!!

How do they keep a straight face? Seriously? I'm at a total loss!!!

I am watching the repeat of the Hyundai pressure washer show.Shreque actually reminds me of a dodgy used car salesman.Another observation made tonight is that the guy demonstrating looks like Mike 'Gollum'Mason's long lost twin(except this guy is taller with moustache).

Last edited:
Did anyone hear what Shreque actually said at 7pm when they were introducing a Vibrapower and Bike Box 'special' bundle for the dealtastic price of roughly £200 when both items were previously being sold separately for something like £50 each?

Shreque unbelievably said something along the lines of the Vibrapower not giving a full body workout, which if he did say that can only mean one of two things; either they were previously lying when they said that the Vibrapower did give a full body workout, or alternatively that Shreque was lying because they had to sell the bundled Bike Box as well. Either way doesn't look good I'm afraid :mysmilie_59:

I thought this was a load of bull when they presented it . Obviously not selling too well as individual items so they lumped them together at a rip off price hoping the customers think it's a bargain.Also hoping they are amnesiacs too.

Experienced a new low for me personally last night. Paul (what is his last name? Gravelly voice) is selling the krups coffee machine....that ludicrously priced £1000 one. He starts saying how a close friend of his died recently and he realised you should be living life NOW! So treat yourself to an expensive coffee machine.

If it is true that he recently lost a friend, and I was a member of that friends family, I would be truly pissed at him using that as a reason to convince people to buy luxury items.

Even worse still, he said if the flexi payments were still a little too much, then buy it with a credit card and spread the payments even further! He then quickly muttered how of course you would pay interest on that. Sickening really.

Experienced a new low for me personally last night. Paul (what is his last name? Gravelly voice) is selling the krups coffee machine....that ludicrously priced £1000 one. He starts saying how a close friend of his died recently and he realised you should be living life NOW! So treat yourself to an expensive coffee machine.

If it is true that he recently lost a friend, and I was a member of that friends family, I would be truly pissed at him using that as a reason to convince people to buy luxury items.

Even worse still, he said if the flexi payments were still a little too much, then buy it with a credit card and spread the payments even further! He then quickly muttered how of course you would pay interest on that. Sickening really.

Bizarrely I actually quite enjoyed watching some of this 'show' but only because William was good. However, what Shreque said on both points you raised was quite repugnant.

That they are now prepared to encourage the use of Credit Cards to push items when the product on offer is already being offered on instalments is desperation personified.

This is surely the sign of a genuine shill and an utterly schlocky outfit, Shreque really does look like and behave like a Snake Oil salesman.

Genuinely shocking :down:

So Ellie May Clampett has a conscience. While selling a Pie Maker she said we should not waste food but instead make Pies with the food we throw away. Not a bad call I guess.

But I was then truly touched when she added that when she throws food away 'she thinks about all the people in the world that don't have food'

She further added that she has bought THREE Pie Makers :mysmilie_15:

So Ellie May Clampett has a conscience. While selling a Pie Maker she said we should not waste food but instead make Pies with the food we throw away. Not a bad call I guess.

But I was then truly touched when she added that when she throws food away 'she thinks about all the people in the world that don't have food'

She further added that she has bought THREE Pie Makers :mysmilie_15:

So now we know who eats all the pies, you know the rest :mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back