Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Proskins gal is annoying

I actually liked her to start with, thought she had a good bubbly character and didn't indulge in the over the top nonsense, but lately she seems to have join the rest of the gang with the rubbish she says but add that to her bubbly character and it's makes it worse to watch. She was my last hope of IW having one likeable or at least bearable presenter, now can't stand any of them. :ROFLMAO:

I find all of them false, over actors. I know he's not popular and has, maybe, delusions of grandeur but Rob Locke is the only one that is himself.

Sorry, but he's the most real to me.

Having said that, I don't watch a great deal. I can't, they get on my nerves.

I find all of them false, over actors. I know he's not popular and has, maybe, delusions of grandeur but Rob Locke is the only one that is himself.

Sorry, but he's the most real to me.

Having said that, I don't watch a great deal. I can't, they get on my nerves.

I've not seen much of him, although did comment on him putting on Scottish accent and that the product was available elsewhere when they were saying they were the only place to get it, on one Coda show and he mentioned it the next show, that someone online was questioning why he was doing the accent and yes ebuyer also had it. :ROFLMAO:
The few times i've seen him, i would agree he does have a sense of grandeur, but i will admit he does seem to know his tech, he's obviously uses and has more interest/knowledgeable than your average presenter in it.

I agree about Rob he thinks he is something above his station, but you also imagine he is somebody who does prep.

Then I’d probably go for Shaun R and Dennice, who aren’t shouty but they’ve been around for so long they are old school.

I have a idea for a new programme strand, In bed with, Shaun and Hayley, Peter V and Geneieve, and as a special ep, In bed with the Loves

CCCP watches tonight with Peter Simon and Jonathon Bordell

Isn't that woman 'expert' called Bordell?

Her name is Boydell.
Jonathon Bordell, used to run Page & Cooper, online watch retailer, with his wife, before the company declared bankruptcy a few months ago. He used to be a part owner of the company a few years before that, but transferred his share of the company to his wife, when he declared personal bankruptcy a couple of years ago.

Talking of basket checking, a while ago on, guess what? a watch show, PS stopped his prattle to do a piece to camera with his "serious" look. Apparently, someone, with malice, had placed many watches in their basket, thus preventing anyone else from "buying" PS to camera, "We know what you're doing, it isn't funny. Now stop it" Wonder if that's why they changed the rules regarding basket items were still available until checked out.:unsure:
A few months back on a collectables show, Rob LockE was getting pretty p1ssed off about folk putting items in their basket and not checking out, thus preventing other 'genuine' buyers from buying. All jokes aside, not sure if he was having an off night but there didn't seem to be much light-heartedness in his statement. He just sat there getting more irate saying stuff like they were investigating ways to stop people being able to do it and if you don't intend to buy or know you can't afford the item, don't put it in your basket. I think he even went as far as saying the show didn't need people like that watching.

I remember it because I basically thought it was verging on being quite a disrespectful way to speak to viewers. Also, if you're presenting a weekend show that starts at midnight / 1am, a % of your audience might have had a 'few drinks' so it's no surprise some might watch, see a signed Man United shirt, think 'I'll have that!' pop it in their basket ... and then fall sound asleep!!! :)

… That Jess is starting to annoy me, she couldn't be more honoured to bring us Mylee London, Jewellery. It's inexpensive jewellery, why the hell would you be honoured to be selling it, speak about over the top nonsense ...
I have to admit I can't take to her. I think it's a combo of her voice and facial expressions and as you touch on, some of the stuff she comes out with. If she's presenting, I ain't watching ... not that IW will be bothered about that :)

Watching some of Sally Jacks videos on YouTube, Im aware she has some health issues, Iron issues and stuff.

But every kinda, Beauty or health related show she presents. She seems to make it all personal.

Yeah, it's all me, me , me. I can understand someone being health conscious, but it's like she's using IW at every chance as self promotion of her Social Media, especially her Youtube channel.

She may have knowledge of her own condition, which is understandable if you've been ill, but that doesn't make her some sort of expert or authority on health issues in general, personally I would be very wary of folks taking advice of from any shopping TV presenter or youtube channel host.

I've not seen much of him, although did comment on him putting on Scottish accent and that the product was available elsewhere when they were saying they were the only place to get it, on one Coda show and he mentioned it the next show, that someone online was questioning why he was doing the accent and yes ebuyer also had it. :ROFLMAO:
The few times i've seen him, i would agree he does have a sense of grandeur, but i will admit he does seem to know his tech, he's obviously uses and has more interest/knowledgeable than your average presenter in it.
On balance, I don't really have time for any of the presenters and I include LockE in that. However one thing I will give him, unless it's just an act, is he's the only one that has a hint of sometimes treating selly telly with the contempt it quite rightly deserves! You just know he'd rather be acting all the time rather than do this and that's fair enough. We all need to earn a 'dollar' as he'd say! So I'd never poke fun at the presenters for doing selly telly as a job, needs must sometimes and all that. And as I said before, I think the pay for a live hour isn't bad, so if they're presenting quite a few live hours, they'll be earning a pretty penny.

At the end of the day, we might poke fun, but they're probably having the last laugh :)

I'd like to issue a reminder to all those posters who are watching IW content while composing comments.

Unless you're able to multitask, it's quite easy to 'forget' one thing while concentrating on another.

So, just in case you are in danger of forgetting;

CHECK OUT YOUR BASKETS!

You know it makes sense.

Sally Jacks was on before, shilling those Plastic Bin Bag Chairs. She said that her Dad, who is dead, would have loved one of the Chairs.

What is it with the Goons always wishing they’d bought dead relatives things?, why didn’t they just buy them when they were alive?

Do you think they could be lying? :poop:

A few months back on a collectables show, Rob LockE was getting pretty p1ssed off about folk putting items in their basket and not checking out, thus preventing other 'genuine' buyers from buying. All jokes aside, not sure if he was having an off night but there didn't seem to be much light-heartedness in his statement. He just sat there getting more irate saying stuff like they were investigating ways to stop people being able to do it and if you don't intend to buy or know you can't afford the item, don't put it in your basket. I think he even went as far as saying the show didn't need people like that watching.

I remember it because I basically thought it was verging on being quite a disrespectful way to speak to viewers. Also, if you're presenting a weekend show that starts at midnight / 1am, a % of your audience might have had a 'few drinks' so it's no surprise some might watch, see a signed Man United shirt, think 'I'll have that!' pop it in their basket ... and then fall sound asleep!!! :)
I Remember the item it was a Charles Dickens Letter, think it was a couple of grand, something that price, it isn’t surprising if it was left in a basket, if you werent thinking, can I really afford it or not you wouldn’t be normal. He came out with something along the lines, others might have wanted that, I might have he said.

I like this watch design, very easy to read

Watch 1_a7de8aea-23f0-4ef4-b.jpg

Latest posts

Back