Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter with the part bonded leather, part PVC chair "I have the definitive in luxury in the home" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How the hell can that chair be classed as luxury, the padded areas, seat, back cushion and padded arms, are covered in cheap bonded leather, the rest, the sides and back are a matching coloured PVC.
It's normally £1400, best he's seen. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Peter with the part bonded leather, part PVC chair "I have the definitive in luxury in the home" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How the hell can that chair be classed as luxury, the padded areas, seat, back cushion and padded arms, are covered in cheap bonded leather, the rest, the sides and back are a matching coloured PVC.

But it might be GENUINE fake bonded leather :)

Peter's little lead for the upcoming show - "CCCP a brand born and bred in Russia, CCCP the creators of the slave movement"

Why not start the show with one big lie.

No if or buts just a flagrant breach of ASA rules right there.

Don't you just love IW, A Russian watch made in China by a Chinese owned watch brand, with a Swiss movement made by ISA who have stopped making movements, and of course courted controversy as some of their so called Swiss movements were marked with made in the Far East. :eek:
CCCP as Russian as you can get, well in Peter Simon's world. :ROFLMAO:

Peter Simon on the Golden soviet Submarine Chrono - "that going on your wrist in the next 3-7 days, these are magnificent timepieces, for an absolute (didn't finish but think he was about to say bargain), that's the best I've every seen on a Russian watch. It's just wonderful, a weight, accuracy, build, history, you'll just love it, check out your baskets now."

Yep, another outstanding Russian watch made in China with a Japanese movement, how lucky we are that IW are brining us and showcasing outstanding examples of Russian watchmaking and engineering. :ROFLMAO:

Do the watch 'collectors club' aka Dave Loyden and Co not notice?

Dave Loyden doesn't buy these kind of watches, judging by his revues he sticks mostly to what Kevin Reynolds and Noddy sells, he has no revues for the likes of CCCP, Swan & Edgar, etc.
Many different kinds of collectors, some will actually like these watches, not because they believe they are Russian watches, but for the Slava movement or they just like the style, but they will be well aware of the actual history of the brand. Then there will be many collectors who won't touch these watches, they won't go near any of the brands pretending to be something they are not, they would have bought the original CCCP watches when it was a German Brand but not the new ones. Then you get some collectors that have fallen hook, line & sinker by the rubbish that is being spouted, and judging by the revues on IW, there seems to be quite a few that have built up collections with numerous watches from the likes of Swan & Edgar, Earnshaw, Heritor, timberland, Police etc. If they are happy fine, but i feel some of them believe they have a better collection than the reality is. Then there is the vast majority of watch collectors who wouldn't touch IW with a barge pole, but they will own some of the watches IW sell, mostly from the watchmaking brands, but they would never buy them from IW.

TJC have Pulsar Chrono on now at £57.99, they've sold 82

Pulsar is ok, it's owned by Seiko, good range of inexpensive watches.

Just had a quick look, don't know where he's getting the starting price from of £350 from, the end price is more realistic. Don't think the guy is much of an expert on watches by the way he's speaking about Solar powered watches, they been on the go for years.

Just seen a repeat of Hair Gain with Sally.

She was pleading, buy more, you need to do this Long term, to have a meaningful result, as I say on my social media, you need to take things long term.

Sally has really been like this since she reckoned she had Coronavirus and because of health reasons she had to shield

This is the thing, for what they are and their price point, the furniture is probably good enough. However, they WILL insist on starting to make comparisons with furniture that costs 2,3,4 times as much. Or to insult our intelligence by saying it should be retailing at those prices. This is where they let themselves down and treat the viewers as idiots and with contempt.

I bought one of those faux leather recliners a few years back for my spare room. Bought from local furniture store and came with a footstool. Think I paid circa £200 - £250 for it. Perfectly good ... for what it is. But do I consider it a comparable product with the likes of Stressless in terms of material and build quality? Eh ... no.

In a way, sorry to get all deep and meaningful, what's to celebrate with these CCCP watches? Most taking their design cues from tanks, submarines, bomber planes etc with model names linked accordingly.

Why would I want to put something round my wrist that is heavily linked to a machine designed to kill people?

No thanks.

For as much as they maybe tell porkies, many of the product ambassadors and experts come across better on camera than the 'professional' presenters. If I managed IW, I'd be looking to drop down to one presenter per show where possible, and that presenter (if they could cut it) would be the ambassador/expert. When you watch the likes of Peter S on a watch show, it frequently verges on being totally embarrassing to watch! Same with the keep fit shows, the ambassadors/experts are fine … why the heck do we need the likes of Peter S jiggling about making stupid remarks?!?

Word of advice to IW, get rid of the main presenters wherever possible and just use the ambassador/expert.

Latest posts

Back