Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tell you one thing I like about IW, is that they seem oblivious to the fact that when they zoom into the watches it shows off in total clarity, normal glancing at your watch you don't notice, the imperfections and poor/rough finishing on the hands, movements, case and dials.:)
Yes they can be rough close up, and that second hand's still jumping about in macro glory 😎

The VT for Duxot is a hoot. "Your Duxot watch will be the talking point of your collection."

Yeah, but for all the wrong reasons.

Shaun "it's all 5 star reviews for the bloomsbury, just checking yes all 5 star."

There's only 2 reviews Shaun, not exactly a massive amount of reviews to make a judgement on.

BTW If folks are really after a Chinese watch the 11/11 sale is coming up at Ali, there you can get Chinese watch from a Chinese brand without all the rubbish history and heritage nonsense on IW. ;)

Shaun on a Duxot "they are wonderful, especially at this price, they will go up to nearly £500, just £199.99 tonight, amazing."

So wonderful and amazing, that you expect folks to pay £200 before 9pm and £500 after, for a watch that you won't tell potential buyers what movement is in the watch, who resurrected and is owners of the brand and where they are made.

Shaun asked Jack to save him, for after the show, some of a food he had just made. Jack took a spoonful of the food out of the dish and put in his mouth and then laid the spoon back down into the dish with the food. Now if he's sharing that dish of food with shaun after teh show then that's pretty disgusting and with covid i would imagine shouldn't be allowed.

Nautica watches at 1pm on TJC if anyone wants to add to their collection, or properly see a high end watch presentation 😁

Will have to have a look and see if they have a more professional presentation style than IW. :D

Won't be adding any to my collection though, nothing wrong with their watches, decent inexpensive watches for the price, but they are part of Timex and haven't bought a Timex watch since the dispute and closure of their Dundee factory.

I caught a few mins of a watch show the other night and the guest was talking about the Duxot brand. I suspect this is as close as they'd ever come to being completely upfront about these 'brands', the guest said along the lines of 'Duxot were a well known brand back in the 70's, then suffered like other brands during the quartz revolution. They're now owned by an international company who instill the same ethos ...' blah blah blah. Note some of that is paraphrasing / made up but you get the idea.

At least it went a little way to acknowledging the Duxot you're buying today is only tenuously connected to the brand of decades ago. Unlike when they sell stuff like Beldray!

I caught a few mins of a watch show the other night and the guest was talking about the Duxot brand. I suspect this is as close as they'd ever come to being completely upfront about these 'brands', the guest said along the lines of 'Duxot were a well known brand back in the 70's, then suffered like other brands during the quartz revolution. They're now owned by an international company who instill the same ethos ...' blah blah blah. Note some of that is paraphrasing / made up but you get the idea.

At least it went a little way to acknowledging the Duxot you're buying today is only tenuously connected to the brand of decades ago. Unlike when they sell stuff like Beldray!
The above explanation is sufficient for me anyway

Yeah, lot better than last week, when Peter Simon was claiming members of the Duxot family were involved in the relaunch of the brand. :ROFLMAO:

I emailed IW again last night, to say although it was a vast improvement on last weeks rubbish and misinformation, they still don't go far enough in explaining who is behind the relaunch of the brand and where the watches are made, but like last week they never get back to me. :ROFLMAO:

You know they are never slow to tell us, and make a big deal out of it, when watches are made in Switzerland, Russia & Lithuania but by christ are they silent when it comes to mentioning China in relation to any of their watches, the closest they come is a very, very occasional reference to the Far East.

t

Not sure why people refer to the start price on TJC so much the presenters very regularly say it is computer generated

This watch sold at 69.99 (I think) which seemed reasonable enough

I never watch the channel so can't comment on what presenters usually say, but from just flicking over if I didn't know better, I would be assuming i'm looking at a £500 watch reduced to £70 so must be getting a bargain. If it's just computer generated what's the point of it?

Latest posts

Back