That was a compliment???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Docswife

Registered Shopper
Mike Mason has just told the guest, and co-founder of 'The Job Show' 'you really are a simple woman!' Not as simple as you my son.......

Most sales folk have zilch awareness of the world around themselves.

1st life lesson of a TV salesperson, The world ends at the end of there own noises, everything everywhere is all about me me me and nothing will ever interrupt me me me.

I mean simply just watch IW world for a few minutes and it wont take you long to figure out why the sales folk are mostly failures from defunct shopping telly channels, all trying to climb the greasy ladder to grab the latest quick buck, and will go to the ends of the earth to get a sale.

As I have said previously I don't think any of them would do well in the real world doing a real job as there egos for starters would hinder them and a full days hard proper graft for meagre earnings in comparison would be another hindrance on there over inflated ego's.

I don't trust a single world any of them say and that's just my own thoughts through many hours of listening to them say anything without any recourse to prove the facts they state etc, and an example of why I think like that is due to the fact we have all heard a particular presenter state on the 7pm show "His wife blah blah blah" then on the 9pm show the same person will say "as you are all aware I am cold, lonely and sadly single blah blah blah" then on the 11pm.........................ok you all get the gist of where i'm going...................

As I feel said sales folk get a fair crack at what they want to say while on TV to a huge audience all of the above is just my humble take on it.

PS though please remind if a presenter says something that would be best kept in a 70s working mans club its all just in jest and a silly wee laugh hahaha etc, but dear me how dare a normal Joe or Jennifer public voice an opinion on a forum about the little whiter than white souls just out trying to make a living.............do me a favour!!!

Let's hope The Goddess punched his lights out when he got home...

He's got a track record of being insulting, especially to women IMO. I can remember watching him back in the days of Bid (be still, my beating heart!), when he got quite nasty towards a female co-presenter (think it might have been Marina, now of TJC). He'd make comments along the lines of "all right, luv, don't get your knickers in a twist" or something similar, just because the female had dared to have a little 'pop' at him, or make a joke herself. He likes to dish it out, but can't cope when anyone has a go back - sure sign of a saddo, IMO: he's the only one allowed to be "funny", and don't you forget it and get above yourself, type of thing. You often find this with people who are thoroughly henpecked at home, frightened to make a move - they only chuck their weight around when at work or not "under the thumb" at home.
I watched it up to the comment about the presenter being called a simple woman then deleted it! Not nice!

Last edited:
You would not catch him making a comment like you are a simple guy in his previous life as an electrician he would get a belt in the gob.:grin:

I'm not sure what exactly he meant by it. He may have meant the concept was simple or her explanation was simple, but it was such a stupid thing to say, but then when did he ever say anything intelligent?

He's got a track record of being insulting, especially to women IMO. I can remember watching him back in the days of Bid (be still, my beating heart!), when he got quite nasty towards a female co-presenter (think it might have been Marina, now of TJC). He'd make comments along the lines of "all right, luv, don't get your knickers in a twist" or something similar, just because the female had dared to have a little 'pop' at him, or make a joke herself. He likes to dish it out, but can't cope when anyone has a go back - sure sign of a saddo, IMO: he's the only one allowed to be "funny", and don't you forget it and get above yourself, type of thing. You often find this with people who are thoroughly henpecked at home, frightened to make a move - they only chuck their weight around when at work or not "under the thumb" at home.

I remember the "jokes" at females expense and if they dared answer back he got nasty and made reference to "time of the month". He really thinks he is funny. I have always believed he is henpecked at home which is why he made those comments to his sidekicks.

This is a man who can be offensive without opening his mouth... so nothing can be truely surprising, I'm afraid. But look - it gets us talking, and even if we tune in momentarily to see him in action, that's another precious bit of airtime where we might be tempted to buy whatever he's flogging. I think the intention in hiring MM and PS and SJ and any other particularly annoying alumni of defunct selly telly channels is that we will turn in to see what has shocked or annoyed another viewer. Job done, hiring justified.

I find their entertainment value on screen is far less than their entertainment value on this forum though! There are far funnier people posting on here than either MM or PS like to think they are.

In about 1975, I think. It was July.
I'm not sure what exactly he meant by it. He may have meant the concept was simple or her explanation was simple, but it was such a stupid thing to say, but then when did he ever say anything intelligent?

Latest posts

Back