Bareminerals TSV 12/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I ordered it in Beige, while still in stock, got a letter today to say that it was out of stock so now on Waitlist. I called and they said they simply didn't have enough stock to honour my order. Really disappointed as it was a gift for my sister. Frustrating as it wasn't adv order or Waitlist when I ordered. Sadly out of my hands :sad:

I ordered it in Beige, while still in stock, got a letter today to say that it was out of stock so now on Waitlist. I called and they said they simply didn't have enough stock to honour my order. Really disappointed as it was a gift for my sister. Frustrating as it wasn't adv order or Waitlist when I ordered. Sadly out of my hands :sad:

Oh no! The same fiasco happened with the Tarte TSV recently.

If it happened to me I'd certainly be writing a letter of complaint.

It sounds like exactly the same thing! When I called to ask about this, and why they were awaiting stock for an order that was confirmed on Sunday, I was told that the 'letters' had been sent earlier this week. Guessing by 'letters' that a few folk will be disappointed. Haven't broken the news to my sister yet, hoping for a miracle!

The polite version: they couldn't organise a bunfight in a bakery... they really are a shower these days. Come on QVCUK, time to smarten up your act!!!

The "letters" will be the usual meaningless template saying "we detected a quality issue with some of the items" which loosely translates to "we over sold this so tough!"

Hope everyone received their BM TSV and in the colour they wanted.

Advice please .... I really like the BareSkin serum foundation but went for a slightly darker colour than I should have. It's not a disaster but I wondered, has anyone tried mixing BareSkin shades? I'm wondering whether I could get a lighter colour and add a drop or so of each colour to the brush. Or would it streak? I thought about mixing it with another foundation altogether but the textures and finishes would be different.

Someone knowledgeable and sensible (ie unlike me), please help.

Advice please .... I really like the BareSkin serum foundation but went for a slightly darker colour than I should have. It's not a disaster but I wondered, has anyone tried mixing BareSkin shades? I'm wondering whether I could get a lighter colour and add a drop or so of each colour to the brush. Or would it streak? I thought about mixing it with another foundation altogether but the textures and finishes would be different.

I do this all the time- satin in winter and latte in Sumer and 1 drop of each on my brush for the months in between

I know it's a different brand - but how about the Body Shop Shade adjusting drops - they do them to make foundation darker or lighter.

I do this all the time- satin in winter and latte in Sumer and 1 drop of each on my brush for the months in between

Yes you can mix them, I put a few drops of Linen and Satin in the brush and apply no problems.

Thank you very much, ladies. I see you both mix another shade with Satin, which is the shade I went for. I need to go lighter so I'll probably try the Linen like you, jordie_tart.

I don't know about the drops, but I've tested the foundations in Body Shop and they don't seem to dry when on the skin and each time I used a tissue I had quite a bit transfer on it.

I have not mixed but the liquid Bare minerals I have bought at my local Boots and Debenhams and got the assistants to try on me!

Did anyone keep a note of what the Auto Deliveries for this TSV contain, please (which items change and for what)? Also how many ADs are there and how often they are sent out?

Thanks, Ani. I hadn't because I'm not that bright! However, unfortunately the video has been cut at the point at which Pipa starts talking about Auto Deliveries. She does mention there are two though, so that helps. Thanks.

I've just received the second drop, only the brush & the lipgloss have changed.
Can anyone remember if the third drop is going to be the same, with just different gloss & brush, please? Was hoping there would be more difference, didn't watch the presentation on the day which I should have done.
Why would they think we need more bronzer in winter!
Is anyone else having a real problem getting the foundation to come out? I shake & shake but sometimes nothing comes out, even though I've used it very little, & can't squeeze the bottle at all it's so hard.

Can anyone remember if the third drop is going to be the same, with just different gloss & brush, please? Was hoping there would be more difference, didn't watch the presentation on the day which I should have done.
Is anyone else having a real problem getting the foundation to come out? I shake & shake but sometimes nothing comes out, even though I've used it very little, & can't squeeze the bottle at all it's so hard.

Yes I think it was and the brush in the third drop was the black handled serum foundation brush which I have a couple of. I'm cancelling the third drop as don't need any of it.

Yes I think it was and the brush in the third drop was the black handled serum foundation brush which I have a couple of. I'm cancelling the third drop as don't need any of it.

I received my AD yesterday as well. It does look like the only differences in the ADs will be the brush and lipgloss. I too was thinking it's a bit odd to be getting bronzer again now (and in December), especially when a teeny amount goes a long way for me, so I may cancel the third drop. It's just stockpiling and I don't really like or use the powder compact so I'll never finish one, let alone three (eBay time!). I like the flat, round serum brush so wouldn't mind another for the bronzer, say.

I agree about the difficulty getting the foundation out. I've only used it a few times, much as I like it, because I have other foundation to use up. I bought a second bottle in a lighter colour because I found my TSV choice a bit dark so I mix them. With one bottle, it is easy to get the serum out but I really struggle with the other. I have to remember which is which in fact because too much comes out of one if I squeeze as hard as the other. I just thought, I could try pushing a compasses point down the tube to make the hole bigger? I'll do that today and let you know if it has helped, Breeze.

I received my AD yesterday as well. It does look like the only differences in the ADs will be the brush and lipgloss. I too was thinking it's a bit odd to be getting bronzer again now (and in December), especially when a teeny amount goes a long way for me, so I may cancel the third drop. It's just stockpiling and I don't really like or use the powder compact so I'll never finish one, let alone three (eBay time!). I like the flat, round serum brush so wouldn't mind another for the bronzer, say.
I agree about the difficulty getting the foundation out. I've only used it a few times, much as I like it, because I have other foundation to use up. I bought a second bottle in a lighter colour because I found my TSV choice a bit dark so I mix them. With one bottle, it is easy to get the serum out but I really struggle with the other. I have to remember which is which in fact because too much comes out of one if I squeeze as hard as the other. I just thought, I could try pushing a compasses point down the tube to make the hole bigger? I'll do that today and let you know if it has helped, Breeze.

I hadn't thought of doing that. I'll try this latest bottle to see if it's easier, still using the first one but I can't squeeze it at all, just have to shake & hope!
I got Porcelain but it's still a bit dark. Heard there are more colours that Q don't stock, anyone know if there's a lighter one than Porcelain?
I think I'll cancel the third drop too as I'll never use up more of the same, though I'd like another of the serum brush.

Latest posts

Back