The curse of the Acton Park Studios continues?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16796
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 16796

Guest Shopper
According to The Gazette on 5th December 2016, The Craft Channel have appointed administrators.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2658242

The Gazette Official Public Record said:
Notice timeline for THE CRAFT CHANNEL LIMITED (09454399)

Appointment of Administrators<time datetime="2016-12-05T14:53:57"> 05/12/2016

</time>Appointment of Administrators
<time datetime="2016-12-05T14:53:57"></time><article> In the High Court of Justice
No 7682-CR of 2016

THE CRAFT CHANNEL LIMITED

(Company Number 09454399)
Nature of Business: Television Programme Production Activities
Registered office: Acton Park Studios, 11b Acton Park Industrial Estate, The Vale, London, W3 7QE
Principal trading address: Acton Park Studios, 11b Acton Park Industrial Estate, The Vale, London, W3 7QE

Date of Appointment: 22 November 2016
Andrew Andronikou and Michael Kiely (IP Nos 8806 and 9617), both of UHY Hacker Young, Quadrant House, 4 Thomas More Square, London, E1W 1YW For further details contact: Alda Cenolli, Email: [email protected] Tel: 020 7767 2628.
</article>

I used to love the craft on QVC. Never got around to checking out the Craft Channel, mainly because I don't do so much of it any more. Was it any good? Were they just broadcasting for a limited number of hours? Wonder whether it failed because crafting, particularly paper crafting, isn't as popular generally at the mo. There was a huge boom in the crafting industry when craft was popular enough to have dedicated days on Q, but nearly all the craft shops we had within striking distance (and there were quite a number at one point) have closed down now.

To be honest ,I watched it a bit but I found it lacklustre if that's the right word .it didnt feel like they got their act together as Hochanda has done. Hochanda started off poor but now feels very together with a sense of purpose.

Don't think its on Freeview either which probably hasn't helped.

Maybe two new craft channels is too much.

I'm not really a crafter but I enjoy watching Debbie on Hochanda making her products and explaining the process .

Think Hochanda went for a good mix of crafts and hobbies rather than paper crafting.

Last edited:
Unless these things are really well done and efficiently run, they have their day and are gone. Remember when antiques fairs were all the go some years back? Every weekend, there was an antiques fair of some sort or another being held in village halls/town halls for miles around, and then suddenly - gone. I think the growth of TV shows showing auction rooms killed them off, because people realised there were much cheaper ways of buying antique or vintage stuff than from fairs. Craft was tremendously popular a while back, loads of craft shops sprung up in towns and villages around where I live, and lots of craft fairs and shows. Now, most of the small shops have shut down (although Hobbycraft still have a presence in towns around here), and craft shows are virtually non-existent. You are right about Hochanda - I, for one, never for one minute thought they would last when I first watched, but they seem to have got back on the tracks, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

I used to love the craft on QVC. Never got around to checking out the Craft Channel, mainly because I don't do so much of it any more. Was it any good? Were they just broadcasting for a limited number of hours? Wonder whether it failed because crafting, particularly paper crafting, isn't as popular generally at the mo. There was a huge boom in the crafting industry when craft was popular enough to have dedicated days on Q, but nearly all the craft shops we had within striking distance (and there were quite a number at one point) have closed down now.

Last edited:
I do feel Sorry for Julian and Debbie, who worked so hard setting up and now it going south.

I Guess Dave Bradford & Jacqui Joseph, will be knocking on Create and Crafts doors again.

Is this why Nigel May, has gone back to Create and Craft and Jodie Johnson the sme

I thought I read on either Twitter or Facebook they were re launching in January .

They are still broadcasting, they were on Facebook advertising a show for 4pm today.

We live in an age where harsh words are often said online without much thought about the possible consequences. That is an easy mistake to make on an open public forum. It is disappointing to see that the Craft Channel had some issues behind the scenes, and it is a shame to see them struggling. They do seem to be trying to learn from whatever has happened, and appear to be trying their hardest to continue as normal and implement some changes. It was great to see something different on the channel yesterday; I enjoyed watching Beca Russell demonstrating her quilling techniques, it made a nice change from card making and dies. I hope the channel can feature some more up and coming young talent and small businesses like Beca. I even welcome the nail art that was featured in another show too. First time I have seen stampers for nail varnish, so that was something new to me and good to see.

Whatever it is that has happened, I wish The Craft Channel well and hope that next year brings a fresh start with troubles positively resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

The good thing about both TCC and Hochanda is they do have more craft accessories rather than dies and cutting machines which seem to cost a fortune and it would be a shame if TCC fold ,purely because the people on it do seem to enjoy what they do.

Well I for one, will be very upset if the craft channel goes as I always enjoy Dawn. As has been said, they all worked so hard to get it off the ground. Now they are showing more live hours, which is good. I will be keeping everything crossed for them, they seem a great bunch and its so nice to see so many familiar faces - although what happened to Paul Lavers?

I think there were a few things early on that meant they didn't get the best start. They showed far too many pre-recorded programmes in the beginning and some of the stock looked a bit dated - almost like it was left over stock from QVC. When it comes to presenters and their style, it's down to personal preference and I couldn't watch most of them. Plus TBH not being on freeview must have reduced their potential audience from the off and I never managed to watch a whole show on the computer as the buffering was a nightmare.
I'm not surprised that presenters have come and gone as the idea was great but it hasn't lived up to expectations. Dave Bradford has now joined Hochanda and I look forward to watching him there as I like his style of presenting.
I hope something can be salvaged as they did initially try to appeal to more than just papercrafters.

Dunno when this happened but The Craft Channel is now off air.

On Sky you are presented with a caption that says 'do not attempt to order'.

On the website you are presented with a very stark caption that says 'This channel has been suspended due to non-payment' :mysmilie_13:

IMG_0280.jpg

Sky 679 has disappeared completely now (may have happened a while ago as I don't look every day), facebook makes for sad reading and although the website looks up and running at first glance there are "no products found" for all the categories I clicked on. Such a shame. If you ordered but haven't received your stuff it's worth contacting your credit card company - I got all my money back when HSE UK folded years ago. Less well know is the similar protection you get with debit card purchases...can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but know I read about it on the money saving expert site. Potentially if you paid via Paypal you may get your refund quicker when you open a case with them for orders not fulfilled.

The disappearance has happened today as I have been checking daily. All those crafting goods held in the warehouse will get sold off somewhere eventually.

Latest posts

Back