YBF Stacey at Trump Inauguration

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sir this and sir that, just for doing your chosen job/career.....what a joke. I've no time for it either.

Their egos are big enough already.

I have many gripes about the honours systems but one which bugs me most of all is sportspeople just because they won a medal. We all do our jobs day in and day out, many at a job we don't like, but win a race at something you are obsessed about and you are elivated to sainthood.

Maybe because I associate the term "sport" with amateurs doing it for pleasure not that singleminded self self self attitude of professionals.

Don't agree with actors either, unless they work for a charity (not just when the cameras are on them) but mostly it seems to be handed out as soon as someone thinks they might pop their corks.

Not sure I get why the weather has a bearing. Altitude definitely has a bearing for endurance runners, however.

The weather definitely has a bearing, as - not only is it better for their muscles to train in warmer weather - but it conditions them to be able to perform in blistering heat, a training you would never get by remaining in the UK. In addition to the great facilities / hitting partners etc, Andy Murray chose to train in Miami to enable him to acclimatise to the heat and humidity and harden him to playing in similar conditions all around the world.

No, they are the ones will the most money to pay to run. Its always about the money at the end of the day.

Sadly I think you are right. It's shocking to think that the most powerful job in the world can be bought.

Latest posts

Back