Problems with Peony

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
Just wondered if anyone has had any problems with deliveries from Peony. I ordered something two weeks ago and chased it up last week. QVC apologised and said that they had had a fire at Peony. Today the item turned up and they had sent the wrong thing - different from what was on the invoice. I phoned QVC and they confirmed that the wrong item had been sent but they couldn't re-order the item I wanted. They said I could send it back to Peony and reclaim the postage from QVC or I could keep the item and have a £10 credit to my QVC account. I decided to accept the latter as the item was only £19 including postage and what was sent was quite nice.

Just wondered if anyone has had any problems with deliveries from Peony. I ordered something two weeks ago and chased it up last week. QVC apologised and said that they had had a fire at Peony. Today the item turned up and they had sent the wrong thing - different from what was on the invoice. I phoned QVC and they confirmed that the wrong item had been sent but they couldn't re-order the item I wanted. They said I could send it back to Peony and reclaim the postage from QVC or I could keep the item and have a £10 credit to my QVC account. I decided to accept the latter as the item was only £19 including postage and what was sent was quite nice.

Puffin48, is this the tulips vs daffs cock up that's currently being written about on Q's FB page?

If so, I believe pretty much everyone has been sent the wrong thing as of course Q got the pictures and names all mixed up on the presentation/website, CS were none the wiser and told people to order tulips if they wanted daffs etc etc and I think I read a message from one person who got the right thing. Q has a cheek blaming it on the fire at Peony, they've managed to get other orders out no problem, the delay is probably due to them trying to wade through the mess that Q left behind!

I would contact Peony directly.
Their customer service is very good and they probably do have the original item you wanted.
Telephone

Peony Customer Services/Sales:
01952 468362

QVC Customer Services:
01952 460427

Make sure you push for your £10 credit. I've been promised that before in the past and when I questioned it they denied all knowledge of making such an offer.

Puffin48, is this the tulips vs daffs cock up that's currently being written about on Q's FB page?

If so, I believe pretty much everyone has been sent the wrong thing as of course Q got the pictures and names all mixed up on the presentation/website, CS were none the wiser and told people to order tulips if they wanted daffs etc etc and I think I read a message from one person who got the right thing. Q has a cheek blaming it on the fire at Peony, they've managed to get other orders out no problem, the delay is probably due to them trying to wade through the mess that Q left behind!

How did you guess. He said that there weren't any daffodils and I said that there was a picture of them on my order confirmation. He they were tulips!!! I ended up with peonies which are pink but quite sweet so I will keep them but I was looking forward to the daffs. I will have a quick peep on facebook as it might make me feel better knowing that I'm not alone.

Make sure you push for your £10 credit. I've been promised that before in the past and when I questioned it they denied all knowledge of making such an offer.

He said he was doing it as we spoke but to use it I would have to ring up and order an item as I usually do it on the web. Hopefully I will find something fairly quickly to use it up but he did say there was no time limit on it.

Quite a few today saying they got the wrong one tulips and not the daffs.

Ive joined in the discussion on facebook and got a reply from QVC apologising and telling me to contact CS which I had already done.

Sounds like a complete c**k up.

I ordered a couple of weeks ago and haven't had the item yet, however, I do remember from the last time I bought something from Peony that it took ages to arrive. I haven't had my Karcher window washer either so we'll see how long that takes. 3-5 days is kind of becoming a thing of the past.

CC

What did you end up doing, Puffin48, did you succumb?

I slept on it and decided that I wouldn't as daffs have quite a short season and once they were over I would have to put them away til next year. I also have an arrangement from Peony that I bought from QVC quite a few years ago which had four seasons of flowers and there are daffs in that so I thought it might be overkill. However, I will certainly keep an eye on the Peony website as they've got some good prices on there and free delivery.

I too had a debate a couple of weeks ago about buying some Peony daffodils, but it didn't seem worth it with them only being on display for a short season. So, I decided to get these from amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WEVE6O4/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

They aren't up to Peony quality, but they easily look like real daffodils until you get up close to them. They do the job for a cheap bit of daffodil yellow to bring some colour into the room in Spring.

I was just sitting here musing, like you do on a Sunday, and wondered why QVC charge postage on Peony when the item comes direct from Peony and they don't charge postage. Any ideas?

I was just sitting here musing, like you do on a Sunday, and wondered why QVC charge postage on Peony when the item comes direct from Peony and they don't charge postage. Any ideas?

I asked exactly that question on Q's FB page - Peony do usually charge £5 postage but it's a flat fee no matter how many items you order and sometimes Q charges £5.95. Needless to say, nobody from Q answered my question...

So their free postage on their website is just an offer at the moment. That would make more sense but the fact QVC didn't reply makes you wonder if they just pocket it. I know for a fact that they watch facebook all the time.

Balls!! I opened up my Peony daffs today and guess what, they're pink and look like tulips. Not happy.

CC

Ditto CC. I was really looking forward to opening my parcel and be greeted with lovely yellow daffs only to have pink tulips. Ring QVC because there have been mistakes and, as I said in my original post, Ive kept mine (because they are quite nice) and got a £10 credit on my account. Thought it was easier than sending them back.

Latest posts

Back