Do you think they`re struggling ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
Do you think QVC are struggling to keep customers because I do. I received an email earlier with a link to the QVC online forum and it makes for very interesting reading. Here`s the opening post taken from the thread on their forum.

Hi everyone, as the title suggests, we really want to hear your thoughts on a couple of ideas. Are you part of a members club with the retailers you shop at already? Do you find them useful? How could QVC deliver something useful to their customers?

If something was put into place, what would you use the most?

Price discounts
Free P&P
Non cash rewards like products
Special event invites
Have we missed any?

With other loyalty clubs you can get points or credit by buying more products or subscribing to a monthly fee. Would you be interested in gaining "credit" in other ways? What do you think of the options below?

Recommend - Recommending QVC products to friends in conjunction with getting rewarded.
Testing - Testing products and sharing reviews and photos on social media
Events - Organising branded events in your home
Ambassador - Becoming a brand ambassador to share experiences of a brand or product range via social media.
Feedback - Exchanging you experiences with products with other QVC shoppers to tell them about the experience or product on forums and social media

These are just a few areas but if you've a great idea please write it down and tell us.

QVC Lounge Team

Don't know in answer to your question to be honest.
What I would say is I think they have noticed they are failing behind.
Too long they have run with we are the best tv shopping channel and have now realised that isn't enough that they need compete with other internet / high street companies.
They have created jobs/section/department or whatever to look into what should be done to bring them into the present and perhaps this is what's come from it.
Just like the spend £100 in just over a week, right before payday and your summer hols idea.

:mysmilie_10:

It's probably down to me. When I was going through a very bad emotional period I was using QVC as retail therapy spending several hundred pounds a month but this seemed insignificant to the amount of money being hemoraged in legal costs etc. Now I'm in a much better place and trying to use my stashes or clearing it out to charity shops not bought anything for over a month (oops apart from a Bobbi brown OTO I bought when drunk spotted it when glancing online and purchased before even thinking or knowing what was in it). Naughty but sure that one won't go to waste.

So pay a monthly fee, PMSL at that one.

I know reading their facebook quite a few new customers saying they will never shop with them again. Usually postage and how long it takes or things going wrong with the order.

Of course all the special events will be in London! I wouldn't dream of spending money to fly over for a QVC event.

Of course they will be losing money these days compared to the glory days of early 00s. Too many online retailers now competing and doing better offers.

They can ask all they like but they will do diddly squat about it- it's just another thing to include in their brain(???)storming sessions.

Did they ask if we wanted everything signed off with a kissy kiss?

I think its time for a re-think? They are using EZP's & forever plugging the 30 day MBG, that does come in useful when you can try especially beauty products & return.I do that now where at one time I wouldn't have bothered but of course it costs.For me the P&P costs and time taken to deliver (except some TSV's) are my main reasons I now order very little.Basically I have to say I am bored with the products, I've outlived my QVC time.

I'm another one !! I shudder to think how much I've spent during the last 15 years especially during the Dawn Bibby crafting years; when jewellery was 'cheap' for 9ct gold and whole days were spent in a stupor during jewellery shows, and then I was almost obsessional when it came to waiting up for the TSV ! Blimey I sound as if I was brainwashed - perhaps I was !

As for struggling. I think they're pulling all the stops to stop them from going under. Staff laid off in the call centre, shows ending early so the TSV can be fitted in at every opportunity, unheard of 'offers' of a tenner if you spend £100. And how much has been invested in ****** Amanda Holden, because several times a day she's on promoting QVC (when we're already watching - not the audience you need to reach, duh!) and her Bumberry range which clearly they're having trouble shifting !

Yes, I think they're definitely struggling. When you've got Ideal World offering free returns through Asda and now next day collection at Asda for £1, QVC seem absolutely prehistoric, and for some reason refuse point blank to evolve. They've got to realise they're not the only ones offering a 30 day mbg, even if items are used. IW offer fourteen days and to be honest I've never needed 30 days to decide, so their biggest selling point means nothing to me. I knew they were struggling when they didn't have a full Easiyo hour like they used to, and the p&p for Easiyo TSV was free, not now though. I have no sympathy for greedy QVC to be honest, they've got things in clearance with a pound or two knocked off gathering dust, even their "feature prices" only have about a pound or two reduction, so with that and the fact they won't adapt, that's their downfall right there.

Ahh Brissles the good old days--- well maybe not good for the bank balance.It used to be a running joke with my work mates my 'love affair' with QVC ( & many of them also became hooked!!)I had an email from Q for that so called (not) offer & the one today which I deleted before reading 'Amanda Holdens got talent' Really? haven't seen her stuff but don't think I need to.

When Q reached these shores, it was something of a novelty. Quirky, sometimes funny, entertaining (and irritating), something a bit different. There was a good range of products with decent prices and plenty of variety. It was more 'homely', usually just one presenter, less shouting, less ego and better organisation.

Well, the rest of the world has moved with the times and left them behind in many ways. Quicker and cheaper deliveries, better prices, more choice and good customer service - all to be found elsewhere.

I think they've lost their way in respect of 'know your customer'. If they don't get to grips with identifying their target customers and what they actually want, they will slip behind the myriad of other on-line and high street retailers who DO know. Particularly in fashion.

I would not be surprised if they were in trouble. The p & p is my main annoyance - it just keeps on going up.

I don't buy as much nowadays, although I did order an item the other day after one or two glasses of wine. It has not turned up yet surprisingly, but I hope I hate it and can return it.

QVC seem stuck in the dark ages, and I cannot abide Amanda Holden at all, so will not watch her shows. The website is terrible, and half the time the videos of items don't actually show the item you want to view, but the beginning of the next one in the show. I watched one the other day and it had DF on it reading out twats and I did not see the item at all. Grrrrrrrr........

I think they've lost their way in respect of 'know your customer'. If they don't get to grips with identifying their target customers and what they actually want, they will slip behind the myriad of other on-line and high street retailers who DO know. Particularly in fashion.

Don't you get the impression they like to tell us what we want.

And in most cases we are always wrong.

Its like a company that has no Boss at the top, so its all Indians and no chief. (oh dear is that pc ?) because there is no cohesion, everything's muddled and the format changes weekly.

It would be nice to think they understand they are living on borrowed time with their retail model... But I think they are still complacently basking in former glories.

Just had a programme on with reports the Bank of England are advising banks to curtail their leading, that borrowing using credit cards is up 10%.
Advising consumers to limit their spending using credit, to avoid the risk of running up debt they may find unable to pay back, if interest rates increase.

I definitely think they're struggling - and haven't a clue how to get out of the situation. They can't compete with the likes of Amazon where people are willing to pay an annual fee for postage provided they get a host of other freebies (streaming telly, music, ebooks) thrown in. Basically, all that Q now has is its 30 day money back guarantee and most people have wised up that they pay heavily for this through the massively overpriced postage on every item. The stock is, by and large, available elsewhere (apart from the yankie doodle dandy polyester nastiness) and expensive import of godawful folk like Amanda Holden isn't going to sell anything.

Amazon branching into food will have businesses twitched. Iceland doing free deliveries when spending £20 an example. Also people are spending less on clothing and evenings out so £6 postage on one minuscule item rattling around in a huge box is a very selective purchase. QVC have been in slow decline for a while now, turning point 1 for me was getting rid of craft, not because they had marvellous offers on but because they lost sight. Hochanda is fab relaxed viewing, huge craft choice, likeable presenters and good pricing. Turning point 2, the Stacey Schieffelin QUS court case and 3, Leighton jumping ship. I don't have it on in the background anymore, far too annoying. Radio 4 is my go to. Complacency and ego have been their massive errors, the unsolved gripes over p&p proves it for starters.

Latest posts

Back