Percy & Reed guest - tattooed guest's hands

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hang on a minute, so you like this tattoo? I thought every one with a tattoo are unprofessional trash who lack class? I hope when you're flying you don't change your mind as quickly, or there might be some graffiti on a cliff wall somewhere saying "Julyarse was 'ere"

And this is the reason why you shouldn't be so judgemental, everyone has a story.

I can be as judgemental as I like - as can anyone. I bet you are judgmental, Shopper! I bet you'd baulk if you saw a punk pilot! Human beings ARE judgmental. I certainly don't think all tattoos are created equal and the vast majority do look trashy, but it depends on how the person pulls it off. I don't think tattoos have any place in aviation, medicine, finance or selly-telly though. For the most part, tatts are common and nasty!

Yes very nice. I would have this done. I've just had 2 lots of surgery to remove a rare tumour but at the moment have a lot of breast tissue left. My surgeon had only seen 3 this year including mine. Luckily this time mine is not cancerous and I will be monitored for the next 5 years.
http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/types/phyllodes

Glad to hear your tumour was not cancerous ILS, what a worry for you it must have been. Hopefully all will be well for the next 5 years.

I think tattoos are a matter of personal choice.After all ,it is the individual's body so if they choose to decorate it so be it.I do think however,that some 'artists' leave a lot to be desired so people should choose their tattooist carefully.Tattoos do influence peoples' opinions on others to some extent I believe ,often in a negative way.Also,if going for jobs I bet a heavily tattooed person would be less likely to be offered the job.I am considering getting 'inked' but would never have facial tattoos or names.They have been around for thousands of years and are cross cultural.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...38580/&usg=AFQjCNHu-CIpyMRgGR_nZ6OP2yAgAm6AkQ

Last edited:
I can be as judgemental as I like - as can anyone. I bet you are judgmental, Shopper! I bet you'd baulk if you saw a punk pilot! Human beings ARE judgmental. I certainly don't think all tattoos are created equal and the vast majority do look trashy, but it depends on how the person pulls it off. I don't think tattoos have any place in aviation, medicine, finance or selly-telly though. For the most part, tatts are common and nasty!

So you don't think tattoos have a place in medicine or finance, so are they just visible tattoos or tattoos in general, what I mean is, if a doctor has a tattoo under his or her shirt is that ok? You know, ignorance is bliss and what you don't know won't hurt you and all that.

And hey be as judgmental as you like, I didn't say don't be, I said you (in general) "shouldn't be" but whatever floats your boat.

So you don't think tattoos have a place in medicine or finance, so are they just visible tattoos or tattoos in general, what I mean is, if a doctor has a tattoo under his or her shirt is that ok? You know, ignorance is bliss and what you don't know won't hurt you and all that.

And hey be as judgmental as you like, I didn't say don't be, I said you (in general) "shouldn't be" but whatever floats your boat.

Erm, Yes, I am referring to visible tattoos only. Out of sight, out of mind.

Imagine going to the gynaecologist and seeing these hands about to touch your nether regions.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3f/14/d3/3f14d3920a98dc144a52f14d2649e14e.jpg

Or being served food by someone displaying this:

https://www.hivplusmag.com/sites/hivplusmag.com/files/1/b/tattoos1.jpg

Yes I know them serving food wouldn't give you HIV, but it might just lose your appetite.

I think it's ****** ridiculous, plastering one's life story / tribal leanings on one's body. Imagine going to the gym and seeing someone with: "I've got genital herpes" or "this is the date I got chlamydia" on their arm. I just don't f***ing want to see it. I don't want to know and I don't like people airing their dirty linen in public. It might well be their skin but I just don't like it. OK!

For the record one of my best friends is a lawyer from Belarus. She is one of the nicest, most sincere, most intelligent people I know, and she has a large tattoo of a bird across her back. She is very into art / artwork and is really cool. She did a course in TV / film make-up so she can create scars / wounds etc and all sorts of visual illusions that look scarily real. I don't think any less of her because her tattoo. For the most part I never see it as it's covered. The sort of tattoos I have an issue with are the visible / totally tasteless ones.

Tatts? Personal preference, as long as the wearer made a sober choice and wasn't co-erced or forced to have it done. I don't think the NHS should ever have to offer tatt removal just because the wearer changed their mind or split with the "love of their life" a week later. I don't understand the baby's names tattoos- I can remember my children's names and dates of birth. Same with Mum, Nana etc - my grandmother was called Nana so it doesn't really specify which old lady they mean! One of millions. Possibly the worst are the faces lifted from photos: examples here...just look at the darn photo you wazzack! If you're on a low income having a tattoo should be at the bottom of you list of things to spend your money on, feed your kids and buy them a book!

Final thoughts: my parents had friends who had concentration camp tattoos.

Tatts? Personal preference, as long as the wearer made a sober choice and wasn't co-erced or forced to have it done. I don't think the NHS should ever have to offer tatt removal just because the wearer changed their mind or split with the "love of their life" a week later. I don't understand the baby's names tattoos- I can remember my children's names and dates of birth. Same with Mum, Nana etc - my grandmother was called Nana so it doesn't really specify which old lady they mean! One of millions. Possibly the worst are the faces lifted from photos: examples here...just look at the darn photo you wazzack! If you're on a low income having a tattoo should be at the bottom of you list of things to spend your money on, feed your kids and buy them a book!

Final thoughts: my parents had friends who had concentration camp tattoos.

You are quite right about the "photographic image" tattoos. They always have an ethereal, slightly satanic look to them and are totally creepy.

I can appreciate the artistic skill of the tattooist and like a very small pretty one in the right place but personally large ones will never be to my personal taste.

The only time it would put me off someone in their job is if it looked dirty rather than artistic and their job was hygienic related (just in the same way as nails which may be perfectly clean but have a dirty look about them).

Body piercings make me shudder but I suppose it's no different to 99% of the population who have bogg standard ear piercing.

Like most things it is probably an age thing, what young people like to do to their bodies is unlikely to be my cup of tea.

Back in the 80s I had just a couple of friends with tattoos. They were viewed as rebellious, edgy and not the norm. I still didn't fancy it. Now they are so commonplace folk are just following the herd, NOT having a tatt is a braver decision!

Latest posts

Back