Poll: Shampoo and Conditioner - the best?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What's the best shampoo and/or conditioner around?

• Ojon

Votes: 15 15.3%
  • Philip Kingsley

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Hairfix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sheer Splendour (Philosophy)

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Aveda

Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Molton Brown

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • A'Kin

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • L'Occitane

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • MOP

Votes: 11 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will go with Ojon as I adore Tawaka and there isn't a tick for that but I'm not that keen on ordinary ojon. If I can't use Tawaka then its Aveda for me.

Sorry, I forgot MOP!
I was wondering if we might find that many have switched from the QVC "premium" brands to other options - be it salon or supermarket. Do they work any better - is haircare a con in that the cheap stuff can be as good as the expensive stuff?

I have edited it for you to add MOP.

I have to be careful with shampoo and conditioners, so many make my head itch. Not sure if its the ingredients or the perfume in them.

I am really liking at the moment Kevin Murphy his range is SLS free etc and gives you beautiful soft shiney hair with no silicone involved.

www.kevinmurpystore.com at the moment on many of the range they have BOGOF.

I do like Ojon as well.

link is: www.kevinmurphystore.com

Haven't heard of this before, site looks good. Is it as good as the reviews? I get an itchy scalp too depending on products. PK itchy/flakey did nothing for me but make me itch more!

Aveda for me, but I have started using Aussie 3 minute miracle instead of the Aveda damage remedy.

I can get itchy scalp, I agree with concordia PK just made the itch worse - Aveda scalp remedy was fab and now I am convert and love Shampure

Avada shampure for me. I didn't get on with mop and have not tried any of the others.

I have very curly dry unrully hair just swopped to Lush Curly wirly shampoo and retread conditioner . The shampoo is strangly lumpy an accuired taste ,so to speak, ojon comes a close second to this tho

A'kin for me at the moment. I'm switching between their Ylang Ylang Colour Care and their Lemongrass Frequent Use shampoo, I use their Jojoba conditioner and once a week use their treatment masque which is superb, if I'm using straighteners etc then I also use a small amount of their Lavender Leave in Conditioner which is good. The range is free of SLS, Parabens and other nasties, it makes my hair feel really clean and swingy, and it doesn't seem to be getting as lank and greasy as it used to!

However, yesterday I was in Boots and picked up a range called 'Naked' which is 97% natural, again contains no SLS or parabens and they have a nice smelling range of products. I picked up their Detox shampoo and their Volume booster one for my mum. I used the Detox one last night and it's really nice plus it's cheaper than the A'kin range.

A'kin for me at the moment. I'm switching between their Ylang Ylang Colour Care and their Lemongrass Frequent Use shampoo, I use their Jojoba conditioner and once a week use their treatment masque which is superb, if I'm using straighteners etc then I also use a small amount of their Lavender Leave in Conditioner which is good. The range is free of SLS, Parabens and other nasties, it makes my hair feel really clean and swingy, and it doesn't seem to be getting as lank and greasy as it used to!

However, yesterday I was in Boots and picked up a range called 'Naked' which is 97% natural, again contains no SLS or parabens and they have a nice smelling range of products. I picked up their Detox shampoo and their Volume booster one for my mum. I used the Detox one last night and it's really nice plus it's cheaper than the A'kin range.

The bath stuff in the Naked range is lovely cavegirl might try the hair stuff

Ojon for me at the moment. Has been for a while.

Not keen on the PK apart from the Elaticiser. MOP Glisten is good on the odd occasion - if I use it more than a few times on the trot it makes me itch. A lot of the high street brands make me itch.

I have not tried Aveda. Might give it a go when Ojon mountain goes down a bit.

keep meaning to try the A'kin hair care but haven't got around to it yet.

My hair didn't like Naked. It started off okay but then went dry and rather 'tuggy'. Shame as it's cheap and easy to get hold of. Hope you have better luck than I did.

I've used L'Occitane's Angelica Shampoo and Conditioner.

It's pretty good for dealing with my colour treated greasey roots and dry ends, although doesn't always tame my flyaway har.

The shampoo has a very natural smell - like being in a greenhouse. It's not my sort of smell but my hair definately feels clean.

The problem is I don't want to spend £10 - 20 on shampoo and conditioner!

I have to say I've gone back to Herbal Essences and it sorts my hair out beautifully and smells GORGEOUS!

And I like going to shop, looking at the shelf and picking out a shampoo that suits me. It's the feel good factor I guess.

keep meaning to try the A'kin hair care but haven't got around to it yet.

My hair didn't like Naked. It started off okay but then went dry and rather 'tuggy'. Shame as it's cheap and easy to get hold of. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Ooh, I'll keep my eye on things with my hair (and my mum's too) just in case. Thanks for the heads up.

The A'kin range is great - at first you go through a bit of a 'detox' and your hair might tangle up a bit, but after a few washes it stops and your hair just feels cleaner and swingier.

I'm very near the end of my litre bottles of Ojon but won't be repurchasing due to the cost. MOP was no good for me and the salon I used to use was an Aveda one. I wasn't impressed enough to buy any though.

I've just past shoulder length coloured wavy/curly hair and would love recommendations for what to get instead.

Latest posts

Back