For research purposes I bought ........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
A Ruth Langsford shirt! There's been a RL shirt doing the rounds on Q for a couple of years that I've quite liked the look of, but there's no way I was prepared to pay £53 & £3.95 postage. I've been watching the sales and it's gone down to £43 with the obilgatory £3.95 still ridiculously overpriced. I decided to check Ebay and I found one in size small brand new but without tags for £13 and free postage. I thought why not? It turned up, and I hasten to add more quickly than it would've done from QVC. Here are my findings. It's not badly made, no loose stitching, it's made in China, it feels quite heavy and they haven't skimped on the fabric. I tried it on and it's slightly too big for me but it looks ok, but doesn't particularly do anything for me, definitely would look better on a fuller figure. So far it's been a pretty useful addition to my wardrobe, in that it doesn't crease and I've worn it with jeans, and a skirt. I've had to wear it tucked in as it's too long in the body, which is great if you've got bits you want to cover up I guess. Possibly because we're in the winter months I've not felt in the least bit sweaty, but fgs folks this shirt is worth no more than £20. All I can say is if you want to try Ruth's/ Qvc's polyester offerings, look on Ebay first. On the Ruth shirt, the quality's pretty good, but worth absolutely nowhere near the ridiculous prices QVC are asking. I'd imagine that this is true of quite a lot of Q's ranges, though I have to say that MW's stuff looks particularly flimsy/badly made. Totally don't understand the people who are willing to pay such ridiculous amounts of money on polyester clothing!

A Ruth Langsford shirt! There's been a RL shirt doing the rounds on Q for a couple of years that I've quite liked the look of, but there's no way I was prepared to pay £53 & £3.95 postage. I've been watching the sales and it's gone down to £43 with the obilgatory £3.95 still ridiculously overpriced. I decided to check Ebay and I found one in size small brand new but without tags for £13 and free postage. I thought why not? It turned up, and I hasten to add more quickly than it would've done from QVC. Here are my findings. It's not badly made, no loose stitching, it's made in China, it feels quite heavy and they haven't skimped on the fabric. I tried it on and it's slightly too big for me but it looks ok, but doesn't particularly do anything for me, definitely would look better on a fuller figure. So far it's been a pretty useful addition to my wardrobe, in that it doesn't crease and I've worn it with jeans, and a skirt. I've had to wear it tucked in as it's too long in the body, which is great if you've got bits you want to cover up I guess. Possibly because we're in the winter months I've not felt in the least bit sweaty, but fgs folks this shirt is worth no more than £20. All I can say is if you want to try Ruth's/ Qvc's polyester offerings, look on Ebay first. On the Ruth shirt, the quality's pretty good, but worth absolutely nowhere near the ridiculous prices QVC are asking. I'd imagine that this is true of quite a lot of Q's ranges, though I have to say that MW's stuff looks particularly flimsy/badly made. Totally don't understand the people who are willing to pay such ridiculous amounts of money on polyester clothing!
Link?

My wardrobe is 95% Kim & co. It includes her viscose offerings, early acetate pieces (natural fibres) and the polyester. I love them; I have invested in my clothes and have some pieces nearly 20 years old. I gave up ironing, hang them to dry, always look original ( not a copycat of what everyone else is wearing) and not made in China. I wear the crop denim or viscose in summer so am cool. I never understand the people who say polyester makes them sweat because I work out in mine plus it is what athletes and gymnasts wear. My clothes last and last, frequently admired and I don’t need to be constantly buying new ones to throw out when they stretch out of shape, shrink or discolour. Not keen on her soft touch which bobbles. I rarely buy anything from shops because I have a difficult figure but I know Kim’s will fit me. I have bought them from eBay too. I am probably the reason she been on for 25 years!
Won’t buy from Ruth because it is all made in China.

Latest posts

Back