Love this Kim top - BUT (195177)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
1661778166269.png
Why, oh why would it set me back nearly £60 if I wanted to buy it?! I'd happily pay £30 for it, maybe up to £35 allowing for p&p. It's poly/elastin (as per) which is good as it won't require much care. I thought about how sweaty it would be, though the dolman sleeve might not be as bad. I was seriously considering getting it despite the ludicrous price, but when I went to check, my size had sold out, so that was that! Of course they were telling everybody not to worry if your size isn't in stock and just to go up or down a size. The smaller size might've been ok, but that was also sold out, and I worried that the next size up might just look too baggy, so I sensibly decided not to bother. I had a look online for similar tops, and found quite a lot of satin blouses with a similar colour and design, but I don't want a blouse, so I went back to QVC and looked at the size increments and it was only a couple of inches bigger, so again I thought what the hell, until I saw that that size had also sold out. No wonder they shift so many bliddy units at such silly prices, when even the most careful and sensible person throws caution to the wind. I am actually relieved that I didn't manage to get one - £58 for a polyester top - Don't be so ridiculous! I shall keep an eye out for clearance/ebay/something similar - And yes £13.50 ez pay did tempt me as it wouldn't have felt like I was paying £58 for a polyester top, I'm sure after the second payment I'd start getting pangs of regret!

Aw that’s a shame if you liked it - I don’t suppose you would chance waitlist? Not everyone sends it back in bad condition.

I ordered a second colour in sandals on waitlist recently and they came in perfect condition and didn’t even look as if the packaging had been removed, I was keen to take a chance because they were a OTO and the waitlist was the reduced price.

View attachment 24409Why, oh why would it set me back nearly £60 if I wanted to buy it?! I'd happily pay £30 for it, maybe up to £35 allowing for p&p. It's poly/elastin (as per) which is good as it won't require much care. I thought about how sweaty it would be, though the dolman sleeve might not be as bad. I was seriously considering getting it despite the ludicrous price, but when I went to check, my size had sold out, so that was that! Of course they were telling everybody not to worry if your size isn't in stock and just to go up or down a size. The smaller size might've been ok, but that was also sold out, and I worried that the next size up might just look too baggy, so I sensibly decided not to bother. I had a look online for similar tops, and found quite a lot of satin blouses with a similar colour and design, but I don't want a blouse, so I went back to QVC and looked at the size increments and it was only a couple of inches bigger, so again I thought what the hell, until I saw that that size had also sold out. No wonder they shift so many bliddy units at such silly prices, when even the most careful and sensible person throws caution to the wind. I am actually relieved that I didn't manage to get one - £58 for a polyester top - Don't be so ridiculous! I shall keep an eye out for clearance/ebay/something similar - And yes £13.50 ez pay did tempt me as it wouldn't have felt like I was paying £58 for a polyester top, I'm sure after the second payment I'd start getting pangs of regret!

That top is horrendous. Everyone has different tastes though.

There’s a similar colour top in M&S, merryone. It’s more of a jade green and it’s button-through, although not obviously so - it will drape for a relaxed look rather than have a formal shirt shape. Worth taking a look in a shop or order to try at £27.50? Gets good reviews. Nearly all the M&S tops I’ve bought this year have been generous sizes so you might need to size down or try usual size and one down then return one.

C87E9E5D-DF83-496E-AADD-19616EDFFC4E.jpeg

Merry, think about what it is you like about the top. Yes the print is striking, but like animal print, once a print is popular then the market gets swamped, so give it a while and you'll see it in various forms.

Is it the style ? yep the knotted hem looks appealing, but would it keep coming undone and you'd be forever tying it ? looks like 3/4 sleeves - my preference and would sell it to me. BUT it is poly/elastene - nemesis of the menopause. Once you start analysing you may come to a different decision ..... or not.

(as an aside, old Flinty actually confessed on air last night that "over 80% of Kim's fashion is poly/elastene" as she was singing the praises of a knitted jumpsuit that even on the nubile models was a bit too fitted for comfort. )

I like the alternatives that have been suggested but I really don't want a shirt, a blouse, or a T-shirt, but thanks anyway. I liked that fact that it was a simple top. Brissles is probably right about the knot forever coming undone, and I agree, I like the sleeves. Poly/elastin isn't exactly a woman's friend as we all know but I thought perhaps the baggy sleeves would mean it didn't cling around the armpit area. At the end of the day, it's far far too expensive for what it is, no rush I'll keep my eyes peeled and if I find something, or manage to get that one at a reasonable price, great, if not...oh well, no harm done!

isn’t this what you love about the forum - within 2 hours there are several members trying to help.

Unfortunately just lately there seems to be a lack of humour (or more so the appreciation of humour) but maybe that’s me feels that.
Too many folk getting their knickers in a knot about nowt (as my Granny used to say). Hmm. Probably time for bed 🤭

CC

Funnily enough I already have a Monsoon top pretty similar to this. I like the price though, and no p&p's always a bonus. I did go back onto qvc and saw that the size small had popped back into stock, then I noticed it was the Ecru/Orange one which I don't like, the green one still doesn't have my size available or anything near it. Goes to show though, people will pay their extortionate prices if they feel they have to!

Too many folk getting their knickers in a knot about nowt (as my Granny used to say). Hmm. Probably time for bed 🤭

CC

I have found it very noticeable that those who were very quick to jump (and in fact were ****** rude) on here, have never commented further much, if at all. So I do wonder if it was actually those we were criticising at the time who came on here to check what we were saying about them. I'm particularly thinking of someone with the initial (on here) K.

I do buy alot of Kim & Co clothes. I know alot on here don’t like them but I do for a number of reasons; no ironing, easy to throw on with skirt or trousers for work, size mostly consistent, retain colour for years, comfortable, etc,. The prices do seem to have gone up alot recently but I usually buy when the are in clearance. I would keep an eye out because alot of Kims clothes seem to only be aired a couple of times and then are in clearance.

The medium in the green has popped back into stock. It was the small I was after, but the medium would probably be ok. However, with no easy pay option, I really cannot bring myself around to paying nearly £60 for an acrylic top, however much I like it. Can't do it, end of!

The medium in the green has popped back into stock. It was the small I was after, but the medium would probably be ok. However, with no easy pay option, I really cannot bring myself around to paying nearly £60 for an acrylic top, however much I like it. Can't do it, end of!
There is always an easy pay option phone customer service Ask for free delivery you never know

There is always an easy pay option phone customer service Ask for free delivery you never know
Really?! Didn't know that. Free delivery - They'd probably charge double for the cheek. Thanks for the tip off, but to be honest as much as I like it, it's completely overpriced and I'd be a fool to myself allowing myself to part with the best part of £60 for it (even in instalments). I've got a pair of brown leather ankle boots which I absolutely love and have been looking for the same ones in black for a long while, but they're never available in my size. I have finally found some, they're £89 and with 25% staff discount, delivered free of charge to my workplace, I'll be paying just a few quid more - It's a no brainer really. I will keep my eye on the top and should it ever reach clearance/Ebay at a more realistic price, then yes, if they have my size, I'll buy it. Thanks again though.

Latest posts

Back