Love this Kim top - BUT (195177)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just read this thread and it brought to mind something my aunt used to say - "price per wear". You may spend £200 on a winter coat but if you wear it all winter for a few years then it's a bargain. I try to remember this when I'm shopping but still don't always make the right choice! You just need to consider how often you'll wear it and how much it costs.

Unbelieveably the top is in clearance already at £36, which is a price I'd just about be happy to pay even with the £3.95 p&p. Of course the green is only available in XL so absolutely no good to me whatsoever. Considering it was a new item a month ago, I'd have been gutted if I'd paid nearly £60 for it - bit naughty that!

I will keep looking just in case by some remote chance a small one will pop back into stock. Again I just can't get over how they can put a new item like that into clearance, especially since one would imagine that a fair few customers will still be paying off their easy pay installments at full price, imo they could've waited for a few months!

If it’s still within 60 days of original airing you might be lucky with a late return perhaps someone who intended to wear it over the summer but didn’t and now that it’s turned autumnal feel they wouldn’t get enough wear out of it.

If it’s still within 60 days of original airing you might be lucky with a late return perhaps someone who intended to wear it over the summer but didn’t and now that it’s turned autumnal feel they wouldn’t get enough wear out of it.
Or somebody who's so cheesed off having paid nearly £60 and have decided to get their money back on principle and aren't bothered that they can't get the size they want now!

I've just tuned in to find Jackie Kabler presenting a beauty hour and she's wearing that top. Ok, it's not the green colourway that I liked, but it doesn't do anything for her whatsoever, and it's put me off a bit and has made me quite pleased I didn't manage to get one, even at the lower price point as it would still be nearing £40. The mike she was wearing pulled it out of shape a bit of course, but in all the profile of the garment wasn't really to my liking, and in the lighter colour you could see that the fabric looked very acrylicky. It looked like she'd had to tie the tie in a proper knot as it probably keeps coming undone (I think Brissles said it probably would earlier in the thread). To see it on JK who's probably wearing the size I would've bought not looking anything special has been quite helpful. I need to see someone looking "meh" in the green version now and then I'll really be convinced!

I will keep looking just in case by some remote chance a small one will pop back into stock. Again I just can't get over how they can put a new item like that into clearance, especially since one would imagine that a fair few customers will still be paying off their easy pay installments at full price, imo they could've waited for a few months!
If that were me I’d be so annoyed that I’d return the item for a refund even though it would cost me.

I bought something in clearance once and next day it was even cheaper in last clicks. I rang and complained and they reluctantly refunded the difference. It wasn’t a lot but it’s the principle. It’s irritating to feel ripped off and they need customer trust - most definitely room for improvement in all sorts of areas.

I should add that it was a piece of jewellery that had just been reduced and was being shown on air in a live hour so I felt justified.

Well despite everything I said I've been regularly checking and noticed that they'd shaved even more money from the price bringing it under £30, thought ok now this will qualify for the £5 voucher I received. They had large and despite saying I'm a small and would probably go for the medium, I thought sod it, the increments between the sizes aren't much, so I went for it! It arrived and it's actually ok, possibly it's slightly loose around the neckline but to be fair, you wouldn't say I was wearing something too big for me. Here's the trouble, it's pretty "meh" for the want of a better word, the fabric is floppy and flimsy and to charge £60 (£54+postage) is absolutely ridiculous. It's an ok top but it really doesn't do anything for me, the colour doesn't particularly suit me either, and truth be known I'd probably look better in the other colourway. Tempted to return it, I've kept all the bumpf just in case..but then checking the old bank account, some weirdness occurred. I placed the order on the night of Nov 1st and immediately got a pop up comfirmation from the bank as well as from Q to acknowledge the order. The transaction was showing pending on my online banking. Checking online banking today and there's no trace of this transaction whatsoever, I put QVC into the search and it says there are no transactions, and I added up all my transactions since my pay went in and the money hasn't been taken out...not sure quite what to make of this. I've got a feeling that it will pop up though but this has never happened before. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the fact I was sent a new debit card and the debit card registered with Q is my old one, which at the time was still in date. When I look at my Q account the payment card used is shown as being my new one, so I don't get it. Pending transactions normally only sit there for a couple of days and even then the money has been taken from the balance. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Back to the top again, it was waiting for me on Friday night when I returned from my late shift at work, I was pretty tired and threw it on briefly after changing out of my uniform and of course it looked underwhelming. Anyway thought I'd wear it today teamed up with a black skirt and boots, What a difference looking awake and having nicely brushed hair makes even to the colour suiting me - in fact it looks rather fabulous (even if I say so myself!) It's a keeper for sure, if it does turn out to be free (doubtful) that 'll be the icing on the cake. Not worth anywhere near the full price. I was charged £27 all in because of voucher, I'd reckon it's worth about £20 in reality!

Last edited:
Back to the top again, it was waiting for me on Friday night when I returned from my late shift at work, I was pretty tired and threw it on briefly after changing out of my uniform and of course it looked underwhelming. Anyway thought I'd wear it today teamed up with a black skirt and boots, What a difference looking awake and having nicely brushed hair makes even to the colour suiting me - in fact it looks rather fabulous (even if I say so myself!) It's a keeper for sure, if it does turn out to be free (doubtful) that 'll be the icing on the cake. Not worth anywhere near the full price. I was charged £27 all in because of voucher, I'd reckon it's worth about £20 in reality!
Was it free in the end?

Was it free in the end?
Time will tell - It's obviously down to a glitch at the bank as opposed to QVC. As far as Qvc are concerned, I've paid for it but the pending transaction has disappeared from my online bank statement and the amount hasn't been taken from my account. I wouldn't be surpised if it didn't suddenly pop back in another day or two. If it hasn't by the end of this month I reckon I've got away with it. All very strange indeed. It definitely showed in pending on the night I ordered it and the next day at least, here's hoping though!

Damn - The money came out of my account today! I thought it would as banks rarely make mistakes, and I guess if they did, we'd soon lose faith in them, never mind, I got it for a (fairly) decent price, I love it, Tarot hates it so all's good lol!

Latest posts

Back