Slendertone - does it work

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Excellent advice. As much as I hate hospitals, if I'm offered removal of my lumps (they feel like thick rope under the skin), I'll be taking it.

I had a customer who was in her sixties years ago. She'd refused a lumpectomy and had a total mastectomy, also had a hysterectomy. When I asked her how old she was having it, she floored me by saying 32. At that time, I'd not heard of anyone surviving breast cancer after a lumpectomy at a younger age. She said she would only have been happy if everything had been cut out and told her surgeon, who agreed. Just one of those feelings she had. When the biopsy came back, it turned out to be very aggressive so her gut feeling was bang on.

My mum's friend had a lumpectomy at 72. She didn't want a mastectomy and fought the surgeon (she was very vain tbh - no one had ever seen her without her "face" on. I don't want to seem unkind, but she had a very coarse face with over-large features and no amount of makeup helped, especially not her shocking orange/red lipstick that made her large teeth look even more yellowed). Two years later she was gone as the cancer had just run through her. Is that what dying in vain means?

Most cancers are just so unpredictable. I'd like to think I'd choose life over looks.

Got my mammogram soon. Dreading it. It's a man's world and I'm definitely coming back as one.

ETA: I'm glad you're okay at the mo and very much hope it stays that way.

Latest posts

Back