Botoxed Liz

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Anyone else seen the unrecognisable face of Liz Earle in the D/Mail ? her cheeks are so plumped up that her eyes have become feline !

Double page spread on the Menopausal Guide, well she should be careful what she prints. She mentions a friend feeling like she was coming down with the flu every morning she woke up, and put it down to all sorts of menopausal issues. Hmmmmmm...... I suffered the exact symptoms in my early 40's and on further investigation I was diagnosed with Lupus (SLE). She may be the Cleanse & Polish Guru but she's now re-inventing herself as the know-all for healthy living and eating. Nice little moneyspinners to be sure, but a doctor she ain't.

Menopause expert now is she...sodding irritating know-it-all is what she is!!

Done with telling us all how to hold back time with her skin care range and indulging in a little chemical face filling to do the job-she's now Mistress of the ****** Menopause!

I swear she said she thought she had early menopause symptoms when she became pregnant at 47/8!!!

You have to hand it to her she keeps reinventing herself- but personally I'd rather she didn't

I saw the photo and didn’t realise who it was until I started to read the article. So much for her products. Wonder if Caroline Archer has noticed ?

She must have shares in the Daily Mail the amount of articles they write about her. I'm sure she has some expensive advice about natural products to ease the menopause but I can tell her they don't work .

she's not looking great very wrinkled imo...and don't get me started on her skincare and haircare range

Totally off topic - many years ago, when she was still with Patrick number one, I saw her on a daytime programme talking about the house renovations they were having done. The builders had been with them for nearly a year, "...they had become family" she giggled & her bathrooms were so spacious she had separate laundry baskets for whites, colours, delicates.

They had an article about her and the new menopause thing last week, I put the link on the TVS thread. It had a picture of her and her first husband, she looked very different from the soft focus Liz we got on QVC and in publicity photos.

Here it is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5406269/Caring-baby-starting-menopause.html

It looks that she has a new set of teeth too. I don't mean to be cruel but she looks like a good looking 70-something (artificial) where she is in the photo with some food on the plate, sorry Liz.

I am horrified at the glib pronouncements on this piece of "journalism".

Did they stop to think for even one moment about hormone positive breast cancers? In layman's terms, that is tumours fed by hormones, particularly oestrogen, and the thousands of women both sides of the menopause who have to take medication to block these hormones. I had a low opinion of the daily fail anyway, and the arrogance of the " I am going through menopause therefore I'm an expert " attitude of LE, as portrayed in this piece (I say that advisedly, as the interviewer puts their own slant to their questions, followed up by at least one editor choosing what to cut and keep). Disgraceful!

Liz has become (or maybe always was) one of these people that just have to keep following any angle they can to make money, even if they know nothing about their subject. How is she more knowledgeable about the menopause than any other woman who's gone through it?

CC

Liz has become (or maybe always was) one of these people that just have to keep following any angle they can to make money, even if they know nothing about their subject. How is she more knowledgeable about the menopause than any other woman who's gone through it?

CC

If she wants to set herself as an expert in anything it should be founding a very successful beauty business. If she talks about that, I'll stop and listen, as she's done it.

But the menopause thing particularly riles me because of the point I raised in my previous post.

On business, she has credibility. On anything else I'll continue to treat what she says with a large dose of scepticism, as there seems to be nothing but her own life experience backing up what she says. I suppose the clues are there in the QVC video of her they used to show: that she and her business partner set the business up to suit their own personal skincare needs. Happily for her it translated into a successful business. In that situation a background in beauty journalism must have helped her have a broader knowledge base.

Totally off topic - many years ago, when she was still with Patrick number one, I saw her on a daytime programme talking about the house renovations they were having done. The builders had been with them for nearly a year, "...they had become family" she giggled & her bathrooms were so spacious she had separate laundry baskets for whites, colours, delicates.

I remember that too. She had a regular slot on morning television talking vitamins and then morphed into a British Martha Stewart. I quite like some of her make-up range but have found that some creams on display for sampling in a store have smelled rancid and it's put me off.

Sorry folks, but botoxed or not, that photo of her to my eyes, does not even resemble Liz Earle, I'd go so far as to say I'm sure it's someone else - no likeness at all, or is that the effect of the botox - who's to say.

She doesn't look unlike Amanda 'think you know QVC' whatsername.

I was thinking exactly the same. Never noticed before, how much she looks like Amanda Holden.

Has anyone ever seen them in the same room? Maybe they're not just look-alikes ...

I was thinking exactly the same. Never noticed before, how much she looks like Amanda Holden.

Has anyone ever seen them in the same room? Maybe they're not just look-alikes ...

They probably use the same plastic surgeon :mysmilie_11:

LE is in the April issue of Good Housekeeping magazine with her ‘Good menopause guide’.I haven’t read the article but in the photo she looks a lot heavtier than I remember her from the QVC days.I remember when taking HRT I complained to my Dr. about weight gain.He said that is down to food & drink!