Is anybody buying? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Afraid Gems have priced themselves out of my range, items that used to start at 19.99 now start at 29.99. I like matching earrings, pendant & ring. I only buy in silver but three pieces were costing around 100+ & as many have commented the silver weight has gone down.

Good thing is I bought lots of Jewellery from Rocks/Gems when prices were a lot lower & there were different/unusual designs.
    Likes donna255 , tmlee1969 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missmarple View Post
    Havent purchased anything from gemporia for well over a year for a whole variety of reasons. I have never purchased from qvc i dont think they will post outside of the uk anyway. I think its best to buy diamonds only if you know what your buying otherwise it seems to be a large minefield. think its difficult to make comparisons between selly telly channels unless all carat weight and gram metal weight and design is exactly the same.
    Yea same thought, It's been ages since I bought or made any purchase from gemporia.
    Likes Anna liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chinmoypborah View Post
    Yea same thought, It's been ages since I bought or made any purchase from gemporia.
    Hello Chinmoypborah, and welcome to the forum. I haven't been buying, every time I switch on all I ever see is Dave blooming Troth waffling on, or a clip of a mine or something else, then eventually a presenter who talks for so long, I have lost the will to live, and have to save myself by turning over. I have had some really nice things from them in the past, but it seems to me like they don't want to sell anything, but would rather prattle on instead of selling. And don't get me started on the light box!
    Likes puffin48, donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The other day flicking up and down the shopping channels caught them selling a rare size and fantastic colour Kunzite(the female's presenter's words), she rare how much it cost per carat for the size and colour.

I thought, oh that looks like silver? Then the details came up and yes it was set in silver with white topaz. Yes, the colour is so fantastic and costs so much per carat, of course, you set it in silver with white topaz!

I did use to buy way back and great deals fantastic gemstones all in gold.

Post Thanks / Like

They were showcasing a gem a few days ago, cannot remember what it was, and they had made a mistake with setting them in silver. David Troth said they should have been set in gold and was texting his sister live on air to tell her about this 'mistake'
    Likes MariGold , donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just been listening to Chloe on the Outlet who was doing "clearance / last of stock" prices. "Never been this low before ... never been at this price before ... will never be at this price again .. trust me". Yet a pair of Czarite earrings she was flogging at the most "ridiculous price" at the bargain price of 299, previously sold at 229. How can they blatantly try to mislead customers like this? This was not the only item overpriced in this particular hour - there were several other pieces being sold well above the previous prices in the "sale".
    Likes donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MariGold View Post
    Just been listening to Chloe on the Outlet who was doing "clearance / last of stock" prices. "Never been this low before ... never been at this price before ... will never be at this price again .. trust me". Yet a pair of Czarite earrings she was flogging at the most "ridiculous price" at the bargain price of 299, previously sold at 229. How can they blatantly try to mislead customers like this? This was not the only item overpriced in this particular hour - there were several other pieces being sold well above the previous prices in the "sale".
    I am not sure how they get away with it either.

I think their prices have gone up. Not seen anything thankfully in a long while that I like the look of. The presenters make me turn off anyway, I hate the over the top selling they do.
    Likes donna255 , MariGold liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    I am not sure how they get away with it either.

I think their prices have gone up. Not seen anything thankfully in a long while that I like the look of. The presenters make me turn off anyway, I hate the over the top selling they do.
    I agree about the presenters. I laugh at that Jess who is on at 11. Everything she sells is the best thing she has seen and like the rest, she can't believe how they can sell it at such a low price. They must think we are stupid. We can see right through there falseness. Like others I haven't bought anything for ages.

Likes Anna liked this post