Award Winning Customer Service and on air misrepresentation šŸ˜¤

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She tweeted saying she found Alan Shearer irritating on Match of The Day. She typed it so he would see it if he read the tweets in which he is mentioned. I'm sure he would be gutted that a shop assistant who once had a bit-part in Citizen Smith thought that :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Ahhh but let's not forget (not that she'll ever let you) that she also reached the pinnacle of her career almost 40 years ago working on "The Price Is Right" which is quite ironic really now she's working on QVC were "The Price Is Sh*te" :mysmilie_15:

I have not watched QVC for a couple of year# now. I work in a customer facing role, in technological retail. I must be equipped with the in-depth knowledge about the hundreds of products I sell. If I mislead, or misinform, the customer, be it accidentally or intentionally, they can come back to me, for an explanation.
The presenters on QVC are exactly that, they are not experts, and bear no responsibility, for misinforming the consumer. That falls on the shoulders of the overworked, stressed call centre staff.
If a customer feels they have a grievance against either my store, or a colleague, they can speak with my manager. Not so, with QVC presenters.

Considering everything they do, say or show is recorded and can be accessed for proof they should be extra diligent but oh no not Q - their attitude is that any old crap will do because the mugs watching will buy anyway and if itā€™s a bollocks sure there is an extra bit of profit in the postage charge they will rooke you out of.

Judging by arsebook posts a lot of their new customers enticed by the voucher debacle will not be repeat buying.

I have to disagree Louise66 thatā€™s a completely different situation, in a store you can touch and feel things for yourself, even speak to the manager if you have any queries, on TV though youā€™ve only got the presenters word for it, and most of the time that canā€™t be trusted, so yes it is up to them to describe things adequately because you canā€™t touch, smell or feel things for yourself, so in my opinion it does fall solely on the guest presenters/presenters to ā€œsellā€ it to you.

I see in Prima magazine Ruth Langford is now describing herself as a clothes designer (more than once) so if that isnā€™t the biggest misrepresentation of the year I donā€™t know what is.

I see in Prima magazine Ruth Langford is now describing herself as a clothes designer (more than once) so if that isnā€™t the biggest misrepresentation of the year I donā€™t know what is.

Look out weā€™ll have Vic Beckham next.When the bubble bursts she will be glad of QVC,sizes 4 to 8 only.

One of the Dragons on BBC2's Dragon's Den a couple of episodes ago advised a lady to fashion a dress out of the (cheap & thin) black polyester she was touting..to show it on QVC and he promised her that it would sell-out in a day. Then he laughed.

One of the Dragons on BBC2's Dragon's Den a couple of episodes ago advised a lady to fashion a dress out of the (cheap & thin) black polyester she was touting..to show it on QVC and he promised her that it would sell-out in a day. Then he laughed.

Reminds me of that comment Kelly Hoppen made when she thought the mic was off.

Latest posts

Back