Tech Support

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I know people are generally not going to be so savvy-less to think that the above actually has any merit, but I was browsing the web for something else and came across this article. Now I know the article is 3 years old and but is the one that QVC use/did so (unless they have now changed) and it does make very sobering reading. If Q have now changed company, some of the 'taking control' tactics and up-selling probably still takes place.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-exp...er-tech-support-sometimes-just-evil-scam.html

Last edited:
QVC US own HSN now so no doubt it is still going on.

Meanwhile, in the UK, QVC can't get their own website to work, endless complaints about people trying to buy get to check out and get an error! Oh and if you phone to order they definitely try to upsell other things to you.

I've noticed Hohbein does his damndest now to encourage people to phone that "£200 worth of tech support" line, just to ask what people can also use their iPads or computers for.

It seems a bit iffy to me for some reason. Plus they hardly have the best reputation online with people who know what they are talking about.

On a similar subject, that usb stick they sell on QVC that has 3 programs on it which are supposed to clean up and protect your computer. There are a shocking number of complaints about it deleting important files, and if it does that, you really are stuffed. And if you have resorted to using one in the first place, you clearly won't have a clue what to do if it messes everything up.

That "tech support" is a load of rubbish, he pushes it with the Apple iPad which makes it even more rubbish because Apple have a great tech support service, you can go in any store or online and guess what Lee Hobbleline, it's free.

Mind you this is from an "expert" who rambles on, and on, and on, and says absolutely nothing about the product.

I've noticed Hohbein does his damndest now to encourage people to phone that "£200 worth of tech support" line, just to ask what people can also use their iPads or computers for.

It seems a bit iffy to me for some reason. Plus they hardly have the best reputation online with people who know what they are talking about.

On a similar subject, that usb stick they sell on QVC that has 3 programs on it which are supposed to clean up and protect your computer. There are a shocking number of complaints about it deleting important files, and if it does that, you really are stuffed. And if you have resorted to using one in the first place, you clearly won't have a clue what to do if it messes everything up.

Cuju that Matt Trim sells is also a bit 'dodgy', I was interested in something like this, but when I read that the company 'date-mined' the information and that it could be potentially shared with others (in order to improve the overall service), I decided to that was not something I wanted. Not that I do anything 'dodgy', but just that you don't actually know where the information is going, especially as it may not be as securely encrypted as say a bank website.

No, my, thinking in life. Is yes have a firewall and virus protector on a computer as these can (and do get viruses), but how often have you heard of a tablet, or anyother IoT get hacked?

Latest posts

Back