Heard it all now

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
So, next time you visit someone, don't bother with a gift of flowers/chocs/wine, turn up with a Breville Toasted Sandwich maker !!!

So said the demonstrator,(well, she actually said that a bunch of flowers costs £20 so why not take this instead - although my Co-op does a decent bunch for a tenner) when clearly she ran out of things to say !! I almost choked on my midnight cuppa I was laughing so much at the thought of pitching up with kitchen equipment.

"Oh, hi, lovely to see you again, flowers are so passe but here's a sandwich maker" :mysmilie_8:

I have yet to see the Lady do a good presentation, no matter what she is presenting she manages to make it look like a pigs ear.:grin:

It was funny when the non-stick toaster stuck, they’re smaller toasties but Silly Halliday reckons they’re “designer” toasties, never heard “small” called designer before. This sandwich toaster is cheaper on Very with free delivery.

The aggressive guest presenter was thrilled that you can close the sandwich maker and wrap the cord around the back and standing it up, just like every other sandwich toasted that went before it.

I laughed when one of the toasters was opened to show the chocolate filling oozing out everywhere, the lid was quickly shut on THAT one !!

I'm thinking of getting a sandwich toaster, does anyone have any recommendations for a 2 slice one?

I just bought a breville grill/toastie maker on IW yesterday for £49. I thought that was a bit OTT but it is out on the net for £100 so maybe not. Anyway, I'll put it through it's paces and if it isn't up to scratch I can return it free at Asda. It did have removable plates which is an absolute must for me and not many of these gadgets have them.

CC

Yes, most of these toastie makers are much of a muchness - its the cleaning afterwards that's the bugbear, particularly melted cheese that's found every nook and cranny; but like CC has said, removable plates are the answer.

I'm thinking of getting a sandwich toaster, does anyone have any recommendations for a 2 slice one?

I want to get one as well, actually. I love a good old toasted sandwich. Used to use my old one all the time until it fell on the kitchen floor and smashed.

One of my fave sandwich fillings is (Heinz) baked beans, cheddar, mustard, black pepper and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Sounds odd but it's lovely! Another good one is (tinned tomatoes, goats cheese and olives.

I just bought a breville grill/toastie maker on IW yesterday for £49. I thought that was a bit OTT but it is out on the net for £100 so maybe not. Anyway, I'll put it through it's paces and if it isn't up to scratch I can return it free at Asda. It did have removable plates which is an absolute must for me and not many of these gadgets have them.

CC

I've got it too, it's well worth the money considering a bog standard, not so good quality sandwich toaster is about £30, hope you like yours too. :mysmilie_3:

Yes, most of these toastie makers are much of a muchness - its the cleaning afterwards that's the bugbear, particularly melted cheese that's found every nook and cranny; but like CC has said, removable plates are the answer.

There’s more to life than cleaning melted cheese, onion and tomato off the back hinges and coil. I hid ours at the back of the cupboard so out of sight, out of mind and eventually gave it away. Never, never again. Even with removable plates my OCD would be rampant again!

Anyone making a cheese toastie please? :mysmilie_50:
Reading all these posts has gotten me really hungry :mysmilie_5:

I try to stick to a low-carb diet and don’t buy bread. If I fancy a toastie I go to our local garden centre for a mooch at the plants and treat myself to a toastie in their coffee shop. Because it’s a treat I really enjoy them. I could eat one now but the GC is closed !

Latest posts

Back