MarlaWynne TSV 5/4/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Even on TSV it will be out of budget methinks. I don't need clothes anyway. I'm getting a bit sensible in my old age.

I love dusters and I've hankered after MW for ages but they cost too much. As a very "feel the cold" person I wear cardis all year round. If it's nice and good quality I might look. It will probably be "shoot peas through" fabric and not nice (hopefully!). I'd love a nice quality knit, maybe a paprika or mustard colour or a pale sage, just above my knees and maybe a slight fluted cuff. Chances??

CC

I love dusters and I've hankered after MW for ages but they cost too much. As a very "feel the cold" person I wear cardis all year round. If it's nice and good quality I might look. It will probably be "shoot peas through" fabric and not nice (hopefully!). I'd love a nice quality knit, maybe a paprika or mustard colour or a pale sage, just above my knees and maybe a slight fluted cuff. Chances??

CC

if you like Marlawynne but find the prices steep Ebay have loads of stuff for a fraction of the price often new

Duster cardigans/coats are not my thing but agree with the advice re ebay for most stuff QVC sell.

Just shows what the mark up is originally when people can buy from the QVC outlet stores and still be able to make a profit re selling on ebay

I've never had one, but always wondered what the point of them are?

Also, are they called 'Dusters' cos they may drag on the floor & kick up dust/dust the floor, or because they are made out of flimsy duster type material? Sorry if sounds rude/obtuse, I've genuinely never worn them or looked in to them. I can see them as perhaps a beach cover, or summer 'throw over a nightie thing' if made of light cotton?

They have to be the right length for me, just knee/below and I like them in the warmer fabric. Can't say they are that smart to wear out but for wearing in the house. Too big or slouchy though and they look like a dressing gown so don't size up.

CC

They have to be the right length for me, just knee/below and I like them in the warmer fabric. Can't say they are that smart to wear out but for wearing in the house. Too big or slouchy though and they look like a dressing gown so don't size up.

CC

Thanks. The pleats! on her offering don't look right for me.

Its a cardi for only standing up in. And the sleeves look as though they will stretch longer after a wash, so even if its a tenner I wouldn't buy it.

I've never had one, but always wondered what the point of them are?

Also, are they called 'Dusters' cos they may drag on the floor & kick up dust/dust the floor, or because they are made out of flimsy duster type material? Sorry if sounds rude/obtuse, I've genuinely never worn them or looked in to them. I can see them as perhaps a beach cover, or summer 'throw over a nightie thing' if made of light cotton?

'A duster is a light, loose-fitting long coat. The original dusters were full-length, light-coloured canvas or linen coats worn by horsemen to protect their clothing from trail dust'. Thanks Wiki!

A popular 'duster' coat in the 50's was made in a lightweight material in pastel colours, came out in an A line (swing fashion) from the shoulders - had 3/4 sleeves, generally big pockets and one or two large buttons at the front. Lots of photos exist with Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn wearing the style.

MarlaWynne Pleated Knit Duster
Item Number: 177270
QVC Price £115.00
Todays Special Value Price £84.96
P&P £5.95

A stylish duster cardigan from MarlaWynne made from pleated knit fabric, featuring 3/4 length sleeves and side vents. This versatile design is perfect for spring and can be easily dressed up or down to create a number of gorgeous looks.

Choose your shade - available in a great selection of sophisticated hues that are perfect for the season, there's something to suit all tastes. Go for core neutrals Black or Canvas or try a touch of soft pastel colour with the Dusty Blue, French Mauve or Shell Pink.

Create your look - wear the duster over a chic dress and add heels and shimmering jewellery for a special occasion. Or dress it down with relaxed denim or a pair of trousers and trainers for fabulous off-duty style.

65% viscose, 35% nylon
Hand wash cold

Colour options:

Dusty Blue
Black
Canvas
French Mauve
Shell Pink

Garment measurements:

Chest: XS: 81.3cm (32"), S: 86.4cm (34"), M: 91.4cm (36"), L: 99.1cm (39"), XL: 106.7cm (42"), 2XL: 113.0cm (44.5"), 3XL: 123.2cm (48.5")
Length: XS: 101.6cm (40"), S: 103.5cm (40.7"), M: 105.4cm (41.5"), L: 107.3cm (42.2"), XL: 109.2cm (43"), 2XL: 109.2cm (43"), 3XL: 111.1cm (43.7")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.177270

Latest posts

Back