Debbie Flint dress

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Turned on QVC just before 9pm and caught Debbie Flint flogging the “not really a bargain hunter it’s the price we were originally going to charge” and I could’ve swore she said in a few weeks TSVs will start at 9pm not midnight, I could hardly hear her over that dress but I’m almost positive that’s what she said.

Saying that though it’ll be no great shakes, they’ve been selling them days before for ages.

........you are absolutely right future TSVs will be from 9pm!

Maybe they're not getting the midnight audiences, that they used to.

Absolutely. The days when we would stay up for something that had been teased are long gone. The number of live hours is dwindling & with the TSV launch now lasting one hour rather than two, it could be lights out & home for bed at 10 o'clock.

They used to do bargains and items that you wanted to buy and were worth staying up for. The last time I stayed up for a TSV must be more than 10 years ago.

CC

........you are absolutely right future TSVs will be from 9pm!

They say imitation is a form of flattery, QVC have tried next day delivery and selling cruises like Ideal World and for QVC they both bombed, they’ve poached Ideal World products and now they’re taking Ideal World time slot for the 24 hour offer, so they’re obviously running scared of Ideal World. Wonder if they’ll copy the rest of Ideal World and their reasonable priced clothes, the Paypal, one item number one postage, capped postage, click and collect, free returns to name a few.......I know scrap that, I don’t know why I said that.

They don’t really need a midnight audience now most TSVs are released days early, and not so good value.
QVC are desperately trying to be something they’re not, that and the fact they don’t listen to customers will be their down fall.

It wouldn't surprise me if the 'precious, delicate flowers' that are the main presenters were also behind this, so that none of them have to hang around until midnight!

Oh phew! When I saw this thread I clicked on it out of curiosity because I feared someone had started it asking what the dress was because they liked/were interested in it..!

Not watching QVC much at all these days, so I hadn't seen any recent presentations, especially beauty, so I was sure how new was the format I saw in the 11pm Elemis hour. It had Debbie (in aforementioned dress) and Keeley in a sort-of matronly blouse with trousers.. But having them walking - pointlessly - around the studio/set was so distracting and also seemed to draw more attention to what they were wearing.

Debbie's dress - especially with some nasty white shoe/sandals - wouldn't have been quite so noticeably poor if she'd stood still, but sitting awkwardly on a high stool, or beside the model made it look even less attractive!

The pale blue blouse that Keely wore didn't fit her at all ! it was too tight on her upper arms and then pulled across the chest. I've seen a lot of these type of blouses - look attractive at first, but the cut and fit is normally atrocious. Always too tight across the bust - or at the back, and then the armhole and sleeves end up too tight as well.

WHY do women buy or wear these garments when they fit so badly ??? a quick check in the mirror is all it takes. My go to test when buying coats or tops is to bring my bent arms forward across my chest, and if it pulls tight at the rear armhole then its a no no.

Latest posts

Back