Advent Calendars 2019

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For almost £200 I’d rather get my daughter, if I had one, a gorgeous sparkly diamond ring or necklace (not from QVC) were they can look at it for a lot longer than 24 days. The only jewellery my sons like to wear is a good classy watch and their wedding ring.

If buy them when they are cheap as chips after Christmas I would never pay the going price. I was looking at the Jo Malone one £300.00 I dont think so

Some people must be spending seriously a lot of money at Christmas if spending hundreds on an advent calendar
It must be big business for some brands, certainly mega steps on from when the chocolate started going in the windows’s.

The Body Shop has done a couple of good advent calendars, at a range of prices, in the past couple of years; makes a nice bonus if you know someone already shops there.

the retailers who normally give away samples have not missed a trick with advent calendars. lets make a killing putting them in cardboard with 24 dated flaps to open..or is it 25

I've only ever bought one & that was Wax Lyrical from Boots last year, the tealights were lovely & the glass votive holder will be used every year.

The biggest rip-off this year, in my very humble opinion, is (or rather was since it was a limited edition and has sold out to my amazement) the Lush advent calendar. £195.

https://uk.lush.com/products/christmas-gifts/advent-calendar

Sorry, Lush. I know your ethos is commendable and the huge, colourful box is recyclable (I wouldn’t re-use it for storage) but £8 per soap, bath bomb, etc? No thanks.

The biggest rip-off this year, in my very humble opinion, is (or rather was since it was a limited edition and has sold out to my amazement) the Lush advent calendar. £195.

Sorry, Lush. I know your ethos is commendable and the huge, colourful box is recyclable (I wouldn’t re-use it for storage) but £8 per soap, bath bomb, etc? No thanks.

Totally agree, when I saw the price of this (a fool and his money is easily parted with the use of the word 'limited') as you say, AndiK, everything in it was astronomically inflated in price as the shower gels were only 100ml if I remember rightly, bonkers!

Totally agree, when I saw the price of this (a fool and his money is easily parted with the use of the word 'limited') as you say, AndiK, everything in it was astronomically inflated in price as the shower gels were only 100ml if I remember rightly, bonkers!

Very true. I actually went back and inspected the contents online just before I posted the above in case I had missed something about it that justified the price. They made 500 - all snapped up. £97,500 - kerching! Mind you, that’s nothing to what QVC make in postage charges alone on an Elemis TSV day, eh?

Now that’s something would have gone down a real treat as daughter does like Lush. She would never expect that even as a main pressie let alone something at the end of November in the post.

Now that’s something would have gone down a real treat as daughter does like Lush. She would never expect that even as a main pressie let alone something at the end of November in the post.

Shocking isn't it? I know Lush has a bit of a cult following and I bet there was a clamour for one of the 500 calendars, but I think they are taking the pee asking that sort of money of loyal fans. Mind you, it looks like some people have bought them up to flog on eBay, where they are going for (wait for it), as much as £335!! I'd be showing a bathbomb the surface of the bath water then whipping it out again and doing the same for the next 20 days to make it last if I'd paid £13.40 for each one!

Dream Girl, shall I give you the link to one on eBay so you can get it for your daughter?

Flipping heck if she’d still been at home job searching she would have probably been showing me just look what people are paying for these calendars

I’m sure the Molton Brown fans have seen this but just to rub it in about the value of the MB advent calendar (2019) vs QVC’s (2018’s from the back of the warehouse and dearer), MB themselves are offering an additional 6 50ml “bath and body luxuries” when you spend over £75 (ie you’d get them with the calendar). So that’s almost like an extra 25% of products. You get a choice - alternatively, you get 3 products for a £40 spend.

https://www.moltonbrown.co.uk/store/special-offers/catUKSpecialOffers/

MB website do do some really good deals coming up to Christmas.

Look Fantastic advent calendar is out now at £79 (not that I'm buying).

CC

MB website do do some really good deals coming up to Christmas.

Look Fantastic advent calendar is out now at £79 (not that I'm buying).

CC

I bought the LF one last year in November as they emailed me to offer me 20% off but I have an idea this year it will sell out sooner so they won't need to discount it. I'll leave it to fate because if it's reduced, I'm in.

Latest posts

Back