When did you last buy from GemsTV? - Page 2

View Poll Results: When did you last buy from GemsTV.

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-4 months

22 31.88%
  • 5-8 months

10 14.49%
  • 9-12 months

13 18.84%
  • over a year

25 36.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just over a year ago. Refused to buy when they increased shipping to Northern Ireland up to 12.50. Only started buying when they decreased it in the first place to 5.95 for all of the UK.

Hated the new website when it arrived, the prices where way OTT compared to before.

Meeshoo Guest

I've picked 9-12 months because I used to buy weekly from GemsTV - this stopped when SteveA left, the website changed and the prices went up. However, I did buy a pair of earrings between Christmas and New Year so technically I'm fibbing with the 9-12 months but it felt more right and to pick a lesser timeframe would have been misleading.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a ceramic watch from Gems just after Christmas with some money my MIL gave me for Christmas however that is the first purchase i have made with Gems in over 8 months. Is a shame, the designs used to be lovely but now i am bored with what they have to offer.

Hey ho. Is saving me a fortune.

Post Thanks / Like

I did buy a Mintabie Jelly Opal Pendant and a small Majestic Tanzanite ring in the three month long 'sale' just before Christmas, before that a Sky Blue Topaz ring (the Vogue style ring) last June and then nothing since November '07. That's two orders in 2008, whereas before I could sometimes order twice a week!

Post Thanks / Like

I did vote for 0-4 months as it was November when I last ordered, but it feels like I should have gone for around a year as that was when I was last buying regularly. My las order was a disaster from a financial point of view - when I paid, they said it hadn't gone through, paid again, same message, then my CC company froze my account when I tried to pay for a third time. Gems CS were very rude when I phoned up to sort it out, I ended up paying by phone because I wanted the order, so my CC was maxed out by two "pending" payments that Gems claimed they could do nothing about except wait till they expired. When the fairly large delivery arrived, I found it quite underwhelming and I found their settings were increasingly bizarre. Since then, any time I've looked I've found very little of any substance to drag me back in - and astoundingly high prices on most things.
    I think my intense affair with Gems is well and truly over. I could be a much wealthier woman by now, if only I hadn't turned a brief encounter with Steve Bennett into another expensive obsession!

Beady Belle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    if only I hadn't turned a brief encounter with Steve Bennett into another expensive obsession!
    I tell myself that it's actually cheaper buying from Rockstv, because instead of just one item at GTV prices, you can get a whole basket full, so I'm really spending less:laugh:

:doggie:

Post Thanks / Like

Feel the need to defend Gems a little so gonna get my protective gear on............... I personally have been purchasing from gems for forever even before it was gems. I love the presenters and have to date never had a truly bad experiance. Even when I had a few pieces that I didn't like or that broke on me I called CS and they were great. It's true that they have had a few gremlins to iron out and more than likely still do have a few issues but the same could be said for any shopping channel. Personally I love Gems TV, I did stray when some of the newer channels came onto the scene, I cheated on gems and I admit it but my loyalty is firmly back where it belongs. Right now where is that protective head gear I was looking for......lolx

Post Thanks / Like

Bought from Gems last week. Was a pair of earrings and they're very good for the price I paid. However 99% of my purchases all come from Rocks & Co, and near enough every single one has been great. Snatched a brilliant pendant two weeks ago. I think it was a computer error because it's been out a couple of times since at a far higher price. Don't you love bargains like that? :18:

Have dabbled once or twice in Rocks Tv, but some of their stuff just isn't me particularly some of the silver and kind of big look items. Saying that I did buy a nice amethyst white gold pendant and for the price it was good. But I very much doubt I'll be a loyal customer there.

Post Thanks / Like

I did buy during their sale,a really nice trilogy morganite 69 and an opal ring 42,these were great buys but I had bought rarely in the previous months,everything was too dear.Since the sale ended,well what can I say.Never in a million years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    I did vote for 0-4 months as it was November when I last ordered, but it feels like I should have gone for around a year as that was when I was last buying regularly. My las order was a disaster from a financial point of view - when I paid, they said it hadn't gone through, paid again, same message, then my CC company froze my account when I tried to pay for a third time. Gems CS were very rude when I phoned up to sort it out, I ended up paying by phone because I wanted the order, so my CC was maxed out by two "pending" payments that Gems claimed they could do nothing about except wait till they expired. When the fairly large delivery arrived, I found it quite underwhelming and I found their settings were increasingly bizarre. Since then, any time I've looked I've found very little of any substance to drag me back in - and astoundingly high prices on most things.I think my intense affair with Gems is well and truly over. I could be a much wealthier woman by now, if only I hadn't turned a brief encounter with Steve Bennett into another expensive obsession!

Not sure if you mean the same thing but has anyone noticed that the gold banding on alot of the rings has gone thinner? Or is it just me?