04/01/21 - 10/01/21 BIg Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have no faith in bra measurers as I could write the book :

What size are you wearing? A 40b - oh no no no you are more like a 38c let’s measure you.... oh you are a 38D I’ll bring you in a couple of styles to choose......oh that’s a bit tight around the back, let’s try a 40A.... that’s a bit big in the cup let’s try a 40D...you are really a 38F but we don’t stock any styles in that size but you could look on line.

Me ... I’ll leave it thanks but under my breath .... you stupid bint.

Bravissimo certainly tried strapping me into a bra with a stupidly small band and cups that did fit but were about 4 sizes larger than 'normal' as the cup sizes change in relation to the band size - something I've tried explaining to a friend who insists that a DD cup in a 38 band is the same as a DD cup in a 30 band (she too went to Bravissimo and had the yank-it-in-and-push-'em-out treatment and got a completely ridiculous size).

I bought the Bravissimo bra but binned it after a few excruciating wears. An expensive mistake.

Bra sizes vary so much even in the same brand as there are so many different styles. Shopping for them is a minefield. Whenever I need a new bra these days I order several of the same style in different sizes and keep the one that fits the best. That seems to be the only way I can get a good but comfortable fit. I refuse to try in-store any more since reading about the perve in the closest city to me who got off with a slapped wrist after putting a hidden cam in the changing rooms. He wasn't challenged going in there as he's taken an armful of women's' clothes in there claiming he 'identified' as female :mad:

I love my stay-at-home bras these days. I size down with some of them (the M&S Flexifit bra types) as my largest cyst doesn't like moving around and likes being 'held close' to my chest wall. The Ahh bra types that come in the XS-XL+ sizes are more forgiving in the cup as they're very elastic so I usually go a bit bigger and find they'll hug me anyway. The band might feel tight and roll if they're too small, though.

I don't know if I'm just odd (probably) but comfort bras mean just that for me. I can only go without a bra for a few days after my period or I get that awful ache in the cysts. Anyone else get this? Pre-period is a nightmare!

Bravissimo certainly tried strapping me into a bra with a stupidly small band and cups that did fit but were about 4 sizes larger than 'normal' as the cup sizes change in relation to the band size - something I've tried explaining to a friend who insists that a DD cup in a 38 band is the same as a DD cup in a 30 band (she too went to Bravissimo and had the yank-it-in-and-push-'em-out treatment and got a completely ridiculous size).

I bought the Bravissimo bra but binned it after a few excruciating wears. An expensive mistake.

Bra sizes vary so much even in the same brand as there are so many different styles. Shopping for them is a minefield. Whenever I need a new bra these days I order several of the same style in different sizes and keep the one that fits the best. That seems to be the only way I can get a good but comfortable fit. I refuse to try in-store any more since reading about the perve in the closest city to me who got off with a slapped wrist after putting a hidden cam in the changing rooms. He wasn't challenged going in there as he's taken an armful of women's' clothes in there claiming he 'identified' as female :mad:

I love my stay-at-home bras these days. I size down with some of them (the M&S Flexifit bra types) as my largest cyst doesn't like moving around and likes being 'held close' to my chest wall. The Ahh bra types that come in the XS-XL+ sizes are more forgiving in the cup as they're very elastic so I usually go a bit bigger and find they'll hug me anyway. The band might feel tight and roll if they're too small, though.

I don't know if I'm just odd (probably) but comfort bras mean just that for me. I can only go without a bra for a few days after my period or I get that awful ache in the cysts. Anyone else get this? Pre-period is a nightmare!
I'm past the monthly visitor but have had fibrocystic masses all my adult life. They were a lifesaver, though... as one got me into the breast clinic and led to early discovery of BC. So I totally identify with your difficulties. Mine used to increase by up to 2 cup sizes leading into the time of the month 😱

I'm past the monthly visitor but have had fibrocystic masses all my adult life. They were a lifesaver, though... as one got me into the breast clinic and led to early discovery of BC. So I totally identify with your difficulties. Mine used to increase by up to 2 cup sizes leading into the time of the month 😱

I'm sorry to hear you've had the big C, MML. I do remember you mentioning you couldn't use HRT (I think!).

I always expect my lumps might turn sinister one day. I have a large one that feels like a small rope most of the month then it starts throbbing and doubles to the size and texture (in my mind) of one of those dock-side ship ropes.

I didn't expect them to behave on HRT as they did pre-menopause though.

I'm sorry to hear you've had the big C, MML. I do remember you mentioning you couldn't use HRT (I think!).

I always expect my lumps might turn sinister one day. I have a large one that feels like a small rope most of the month then it starts throbbing and doubles to the size and texture (in my mind) of one of those dock-side ship ropes.

Just keep checking. Learn your normal, and go see a doctor when there is a change. And don't take no for an answer if you feel there is something that's not right.
I have had the dubious pleasure of 2 menopause.

I agree with MML alter, do not accept being fobbed off by your GP, demand a breast scan. Boobs are a mass of lumps, fibrous tissue and cysts, but you’re right, better to be safe than sorry. ❤️ xx

Despite being 69 and in the middle of Covid I have been called for a routine breast screening on Tuesday. I will phone on Friday to make sure appointment still on.
I was amazed as I thought everything had been shelved for Covid.
It has varied, Diabetic Eye Screening was cut back with priority given to high risk groups and newly diagnosed, with some like myself who should have had my annual check last April deferred to this year as I have normal results previous. There had been talks about reducing these checks for low risk to every 2 years before the pandemic.
I have had a letter before Christmas for Bowel Screening saying I would receive the card in a couple of weeks, I have not yet and can not find any up dated information the screening site to say if it is still going on.

Just keep checking. Learn your normal, and go see a doctor when there is a change. And don't take no for an answer if you feel there is something that's not right.
I have had the dubious pleasure of 2 menopause.

I ran out of patches a few months ago when there was a HRT shortage (wouldn't happen with a male product). My symptoms flooded back with a few days of stopping. I've been on various types of HRT for a few years now so it seems my menopause is going to be one of those long-lasting ones (joy!).

I had mental health problems with my cycle very badly (at least women like me are being recognised as having PMDD these days - I was considered mentally ill by my male GPs despite being 'normal' 3 weeks out of 4) when I was younger so I should have expected a rough ride through meno.

I hope your symptoms didn't affect you as badly as mine affect me but I have a feeling they did.

I was due a TVS for uterine lining build-up due to HRT last June but not had the letter yet. I'm wary of going anyway as I've shielded nearly a year. Maybe they've seen my neuro notes and not bothered.

This will cure everything - - - -

Nostalgia advert 136723819_50704.jpg

This is actually the origin of the song "Lily the Pink"

Latest posts

Back