172 quid for a windchime!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My Mum still uses the same angel on her Christmas tree from when I was a little girl WG. It's had a few new dresses and wings on it over the years. Being of a certain age it's lasted quoted well!. Back to topic I certainly wouldn't pay that much for a wind chime, but each to their own.

that is so lovley when families bring things out from Chritmases past ...i love anything with angels..and fairies but i wont pay qvc prices...

Well if it's the windchime with crystals, it's available on waitlist. Maybe there was only one on offer. It also has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 from 11 buyers. Wish QVC had the video up, I'd like to see what a £170 windchime looks and sounds like. But I wouldn't buy it.

I actually quite like windchimes, but not ones that cost £172. Ok so Jennifer Kirk has stuck a hologram and a moon face on it. Big deal!
Well if it's the windchime with crystals, it's available on waitlist. Maybe there was only one on offer. It also has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 from 11 buyers. Wish QVC had the video up, I'd like to see what a £170 windchime looks and sounds like. But I wouldn't buy it.

I don't think the assumption should be made that people who buy Kirk's Folly are in some way vulnerable or being exploited. If people have faith they may wish to buy something that interests them and if they want to spend whatever amount on an item that is entirely their business. Or maybe people buy something because they just happen to like what they see on TV, again their business and choice. I rarely watch KF but I doubt there are claims being made that her items bring healing properties or bringing riches in any case.

For that sort of money it would have to play Rachmaninoff's Symphony No. 2 in E minor every-time the wind blew!

I don't think the assumption should be made that people who buy Kirk's Folly are in some way vulnerable or being exploited. If people have faith they may wish to buy something that interests them and if they want to spend whatever amount on an item that is entirely their business. Or maybe people buy something because they just happen to like what they see on TV, again their business and choice. I rarely watch KF but I doubt there are claims being made that her items bring healing properties or bringing riches in any case.

By all means believe that if you want to, Kimmy yeh, but anyone paying £150 extra for some ropey old tat ought to be locked in a padded cell! "Oooh it's got a hologram moon face and a fewbeads dangling from it" I hear you say. SO WHAT! Get down to Evolution in Brighton and buy one for a fiver. Take a walk along to Sydney street and there's a bead shop with every conceivable type of bead, jewel and button. People that pay over the odds for that guff ARE being exploited and frankly it serves them right if they are consensual to it!

I think the type of person that would buy this windchime is the type of woman who would telephone into QVC and say "quack quack," live on air. Silly old bints in their dotage with more money than sense, being exploited by a woman who puts a disproportionate premium on her products simply because she has a gaggle of followers who collect her old trash. She has no doubt cast a spell on them with her "fairy dust." (Cue magic "bling!" shimmering sound!) Now they are mesemerised into lining her pockets.

Our neighbour has a metal wind chime attached to a tree in her garden and it annoys the hell out of me and OH. It`s put me off wind chimes for life and it clinks and clangs all the time, not even a nice sound. When you`re in bed trying to sleep and the window is open the damned wind chime sounds even worse.

Our neighbour has a metal wind chime attached to a tree in her garden and it annoys the hell out of me and OH. It`s put me off wind chimes for life and it clinks and clangs all the time, not even a nice sound. When you`re in bed trying to sleep and the window is open the damned wind chime sounds even worse.

Maybe you should climb over the fence in the middle of the night and steal it, add a cheap hologram moon face and a few tacky jewels and flog it on E-bay. "Vienna's Whimsy." Only £184.

That would really annoy me too. It seems obvious that a noise like that could be very irritating to others but some people just don't seem to consider anyone apart from themselves.

im lucky with my neighbour she is great...and if she said it was too loud i would find a solution or take it down ...but bles her she never complains even though i have always said tell us any noise too much ...we dont mind and she is the same if she has friends back...tell me if w are too noisy ...we never hear her....reluctant to move as she is a fab neighbour .....

I have lots of K.F items, nothing costing more than £40 though, mostly brooches, people do stop and ask me about them, always complementary, as they really do look beautiful. The ~moon man~ does catch the light. Haven't bought anything for a couple of years now as feel the quality has dropped somewhat.

daydreamer

Latest posts

Back