24/07/23 - 30/07/23 Big Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You can use the griddle as a frypan but it does not have a normal handle, just 2 side handles
That’s a point - with things like eggs and stir-fries, you can jiggle and slide the food around in a smooth-based pan (using the long handle) whereas you don’t tend to do that when griddling.

Hiya!

I’m using my carer to type for me because I spotted this pan set by chance last week, as my mum’s just had her kitchen done….

She now has an induction hob on which none of her previous pans work.

This would be ideal for her I think and I wanted to get her a present bc she’s not been well and has had 3/4 months of building work.

Then this thread popped up - which is lucky bc too ill to read much anything! - so I wondered if I could pick your brains please…

You mentioned above a demo video with the lovely Simon but I can’t find one on the website?!

Just 7 still photos?

Am I being thick or missing a link please?!

Also is it definitely induction safe?

And lastly would those of you who have succumbed say they’re heavy? Or light or average? (Mum has a few issues and def can’t lift a Le Creuset pan for example!

Oh and really lastly, can you use the griddle pan as a normal frying pan or is it really to griddle veg or fish etc?

Thanks so much for any help/advice!
I agree with AndiK. Not particularly heavy. The big pot will be more challenging if you have a full pan of soup or a casserole for example… and needing to use both hands if you then need to drain anything, you’ll be missing that third hand unless someone can assist, or you have a clip on strainer for the pan.
The griddle pan will not give food full contact with the pan, so frying an egg would be impractical. But if you do sausages, the ridges would stop them rolling where you don’t want them to go.
Lovely to see you TLL, and hope things get a bit easier for you.
Stainless Steel and black options both still available but neither blue is still in stock.

Sorry for delay but really grateful for your replies and help - and especially for weighing for me :)

I really wanted to “see it in action” before puraxhint so I just got my carer to phone customer services.

She said she had no idea why the video was taken down but has contacted internet services who are going to try to get it back up. And if not maybe send it to me direct (not sure why they can’t just do that now!)

Only stainless steel left now which is fine as that would be my choice for mum (I’d have chosen the pale blue!), and they’re going to honour current price in case it goes up waiting for video.

Can’t say fairer than that so fingers crossed I can order it tomorrow 🤞

Hope you’re all enjoying your pans purchase! 🥘

Sorry for delay but really grateful for your replies and help - and especially for weighing for me :)

I really wanted to “see it in action” before puraxhint so I just got my carer to phone customer services.

She said she had no idea why the video was taken down but has contacted internet services who are going to try to get it back up. And if not maybe send it to me direct (not sure why they can’t just do that now!)

Only stainless steel left now which is fine as that would be my choice for mum (I’d have chosen the pale blue!), and they’re going to honour current price in case it goes up waiting for video.

Can’t say fairer than that so fingers crossed I can order it tomorrow 🤞

Hope you’re all enjoying your pans purchase! 🥘
I’m very impressed that QVC are helping with the video. I would never have expected that. And they are holding the price which is also a bit of a surprise (although they did honour the price of the previous day’s TSV for me once, even though it had gone back to full price on the website).

Well done for pursuing it. I hope they come up with the goods.

I’m very impressed that QVC are helping with the video. I would never have expected that. And they are holding the price which is also a bit of a surprise (although they did honour the price of the previous day’s TSV for me once, even though it had gone back to full price on the website).

Well done for pursuing it. I hope they come up with the goods.
I too was very impressed with their response to my enquiry.

I had a peek just now on the off chance the video has been added and it had :)

I watched it, excited to see Simon Brown doing a useful and professional presentation… but sadly it was a video with ?Elidh and Gail Samway.

It was fine and I got to see it in use but not terribly informative tbh.

But I’ve gone ahead and ordered it!

I hope she’ll like it and feel it’s useful but have got 60 day do-dah if it’s not right (never used it!) but will be ££ to return bc of the weight and bulk.

It should look handsome left out on her new job at the very least however! 😉

Thanks for your help all and inspiration!

All the best x (dictated)

I too was very impressed with their response to my enquiry.

I had a peek just now on the off chance the video has been added and it had :)

I watched it, excited to see Simon Brown doing a useful and professional presentation… but sadly it was a video with ?Elidh and Gail Samway.

It was fine and I got to see it in use but not terribly informative tbh.

But I’ve gone ahead and ordered it!

I hope she’ll like it and feel it’s useful but have got 60 day do-dah if it’s not right (never used it!) but will be ££ to return bc of the weight and bulk.

It should look handsome left out on her new job at the very least however! 😉

Thanks for your help all and inspiration!

All the best x (dictated)
I bet she will like it but if not and you do want to return it, could you ask them to pick it up (for free) as they do with heavier or bulkier items? I can’t remember what the minimum weight is for collecting returns but the whole lot (ie with the rigid box and other packaging) weighs 3.78kg according to the paperwork. You could say neither you nor your mum would be able to get to a post office with it. Anyway, hopefully it won’t come to that.

I bet she will like it but if not and you do want to return it, could you ask them to pick it up (for free) as they do with heavier or bulkier items? I can’t remember what the minimum weight is for collecting returns but the whole lot (ie with the rigid box and other packaging) weighs 3.78kg according to the paperwork. You could say neither you nor your mum would be able to get to a post office with it. Anyway, hopefully it won’t come to that.
They will definitely be able to do a collection for this.

I am sure the price of the CE set was £75 yesterday but it’s back to £49.98 again today.

Has yours arrived, TLL? Any thoughts yet? Anyone else used their pans and can report back?

MayML, when you kindly stacked the pans so you could let me have the measurements, you mentioned the handle on the glass lid is deeper than the griddle pan so the lid wobbles about. But you can invert the glass lid on top of the big pan, where the handle has plenty of room, of course, and then the also inverted griddle pan fits over it all without wobbling (if the wobble bothered you). You probably worked this out for yourself by now.

I am sure the price of the CE set was £75 yesterday but it’s back to £49.98 again today.

Has yours arrived, TLL? Any thoughts yet? Anyone else used their pans and can report back?

MayML, when you kindly stacked the pans so you could let me have the measurements, you mentioned the handle on the glass lid is deeper than the griddle pan so the lid wobbles about. But you can invert the glass lid on top of the big pan, where the handle has plenty of room, of course, and then the also inverted griddle pan fits over it all without wobbling (if the wobble bothered you). You probably worked this out for yourself by now.
Yes, I was trying to give the lowest total height when I measured up.
I store lids separately to my pans 😋

Hiyas x

Well I placed my order Sunday morning…
And then I didn’t hear anything - was being impatient and hoping for a dispatch email?! - until Weds pm, when I got a photo from our Evri courier of a parcel sat on mum’s front doorstep… 👍🏻

Luckily it’s not facing the road and she got it that evening.

Sadly mum was in bed in agony having worsened her back dealing with a carpet bug infestation discovered in all her upstairs rooms! 😳 (wool carpets?!)

It never rains but pours…

However, the unexpected parcel was a welcome distraction and a big surprise!
I got “told off” of course for spending so much money on her etc etc but she’s really pleased. 😊

She’s not managed to use her hob yet - nor her oven I don’t think! - not least bc she didn’t have any suitable cookware!
She’s going to read the hob instructions and buy a hob protector thing this week and then hopefully use the pans instead of just admiring them!
Am v pleased by QVC’s help and shopping process.
And grateful to your help on it.
Hope you’ve all tried your pans now?

If so which ones and what did you cook?
(Price is now £75 which I wouldn’t pay but happy with what I did!

They had 3 colours available again briefly but back to stainless steel only now).

X

Hiyas x

Well I placed my order Sunday morning…
And then I didn’t hear anything - was being impatient and hoping for a dispatch email?! - until Weds pm, when I got a photo from our Evri courier of a parcel sat on mum’s front doorstep… 👍🏻

Luckily it’s not facing the road and she got it that evening.

Sadly mum was in bed in agony having worsened her back dealing with a carpet bug infestation discovered in all her upstairs rooms! 😳 (wool carpets?!)

It never rains but pours…

However, the unexpected parcel was a welcome distraction and a big surprise!
I got “told off” of course for spending so much money on her etc etc but she’s really pleased. 😊

She’s not managed to use her hob yet - nor her oven I don’t think! - not least bc she didn’t have any suitable cookware!
She’s going to read the hob instructions and buy a hob protector thing this week and then hopefully use the pans instead of just admiring them!
Am v pleased by QVC’s help and shopping process.
And grateful to your help on it.
Hope you’ve all tried your pans now?

If so which ones and what did you cook?
(Price is now £75 which I wouldn’t pay but happy with what I did!

They had 3 colours available again briefly but back to stainless steel only now).

X
I've used the griddle a few times with good results, but not the large pan yet.

I expect everyone who ordered the pan set has had the message from QVC about using the glass lid in the oven but in case not:

It has come to our attention that we made an error during some presentations in stating that the lid was oven safe up to 180C.
The correct temperature is 160C as detailed in the instructions you received with your order.
We want to reassure you, that if you have used the lid in the oven at the higher temperature, this will not have resulted in any heat damage.
Please accept our apologies for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused.
Of course, should you wish to return your order, please contact our Customer Care Team on 0800 51 41 31 to arrange a free Evri collection.

I expect everyone who ordered the pan set has had the message from QVC about using the glass lid in the oven but in case not:

It has come to our attention that we made an error during some presentations in stating that the lid was oven safe up to 180C.
The correct temperature is 160C as detailed in the instructions you received with your order.
We want to reassure you, that if you have used the lid in the oven at the higher temperature, this will not have resulted in any heat damage.
Please accept our apologies for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused.
Of course, should you wish to return your order, please contact our Customer Care Team on 0800 51 41 31 to arrange a free Evri collection.
Yes, so if I decide I won't use it enough, they will now collect it for free.

I never watched any presentation so just relied on the information enclosed with the set, so I had no expectation of being able to use the lid at the higher temperature. But Q homework setting needs to include getting the details right, as it has legal implications for Q!!! Presenters should have this impressed on them more firmly. Q are foolish not to set out such expectations and have consequences when presenters blathering costs the company money.

No I didn’t - paused to check emails..! - YES I have had a message!

I can’t remember the presentaudon, but I have a copy of the printed information from website when I purchased and it clearly states “all oven safe up til 200c”.

In fact I remember saying to mum how perfect from hob to oven cooking…

I will pass on the new info in case it makes a difference.
Thanks for alerting me to it! X

Hi all

Just wondering how you’re all getting on with the Cooks Essentials pan set??

I was annoyed to discover you can’t use the pan lid in the over - or at least over 160c which is too low to cook most things for me…

If it had been me, I’d have returned the set because of that fact because I love a pan which can go from hob to oven..

But mum’s kept it all and seems to be getting on well with it.

At first she thought it was too big for her but said it’s not as big as she thought..

Said it’s a shame she can’t do a pot roast chicken or something similar in it (bc of the low temp lid thing!) but loves the griddle pan!)

She said she wished there had been anything in the parcel about it - details about the set or “instructions” - maybe an omission?

But surprised and very touched with her thoughtful gift! 😊

Hope you’re all enjoying your pans! X

(Dictated!)

Hi all

Just wondering how you’re all getting on with the Cooks Essentials pan set??

I was annoyed to discover you can’t use the pan lid in the over - or at least over 160c which is too low to cook most things for me…

If it had been me, I’d have returned the set because of that fact because I love a pan which can go from hob to oven..

But mum’s kept it all and seems to be getting on well with it.

At first she thought it was too big for her but said it’s not as big as she thought..

Said it’s a shame she can’t do a pot roast chicken or something similar in it (bc of the low temp lid thing!) but loves the griddle pan!)

She said she wished there had been anything in the parcel about it - details about the set or “instructions” - maybe an omission?

But surprised and very touched with her thoughtful gift! 😊

Hope you’re all enjoying your pans! X

(Dictated!)
You can use the griddle pan as a lid and that does go up to 200°C in the oven.

You can use the griddle pan as a lid and that does go up to 200°C in the oven.
Thanks MML!

I vaguely remember seeing one pan on top of the other - I never got to see the original (good!) presentation by Simon as they removed the video…
That probably covered things like this..!

Would that create a seal like the proper lid and - silly question! - do you use it bottom down or top down if that makes sense?!

Thank you!

Thanks MML!

I vaguely remember seeing one pan on top of the other - I never got to see the original (good!) presentation by Simon as they removed the video…
That probably covered things like this..!

Would that create a seal like the proper lid and - silly question! - do you use it bottom down or top down if that makes sense?!

Thank you!
The bottom of the grill pan becomes the top when used as a lid. It sits within the lip of the large pan.

Latest posts

Back