7 Days - Gloves Off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
i know i'm risking it a bit here, because this presenter is continually "top of the pops" with ST.com members and seems almost untouchable. however its time for a few words about Mrs Pippa Gordon. yes, that's what i said - Pippa, Pipa, Piper, Pepper whatever she's calling herself this week has been annoying me BIG TIME over the last couple of days. this probably has something to do with the fact that she's been on every time i switched to QVC but there are also some specifics.

firstly, the "look". yes i'm afraid oh-so-edgy pipa is starting to look a teeny weeny bit like mutton. more than a bit actually. apart from the wonky fringe/two-tone hair that looks like she let one of her wonderful kids loose on her with the kitchen scissors and a bottle of bleach, the whole stick-thin, elfin cropped, cadaver-faced, over-made up, bug-eyed permanently-surprised-eyebrows look is no longer doing her any favours. soften it down love. youre starting to look like jilly jone's older less glamorous sister :mysmilie_845:

next, the yummy-mummy anecdotes are tired. doing the school run in one of her "loads of pairs of Emu's" (at about £130 a pop, thank you) all of which are in black. and they last for AGES of course, in which case why has she needed to buy so many pairs? they only started flogging them a couple of years ago. i can picture it, piper running up to the schoolgates, the two strands of cotton that are her legs poking out of ridiculously unflattering moonboots and struggling to lift "ophelia" (how pretentious is THAT?) up because she has zero upper-body strength apart from in her right hand which is the one she puts her slap on with, and that needs to be strong enough to lift a wheelbarrow :muscle:

next, the blatant opinion-switching that theyre all guilty of but really did my head in yesterday when she was extolling the virtues of having alcohol, yes ALCOHOL in the ABC hand cleaning gel. oh dont worry everyone this alcohol is ok... its GOOD alcohol and its there for a PURPOSE she says looking sincere. well thats ok then, thanks peper, we all thought alcohol was the devils work but now its not.... and not just on your hands, you can put this new alcohol (70% by volume to be exact) on your legs and your feet too! got that everyone? alcohol in skincare is now GOOD because pippi says so. oh, it was £24 quid for a bottle of this GOOD alcohol :taphead:

finally. the bobbi brown adoration. tone it down pips, we can tell its your favourite but youre over the top and it just makes you look even more fake when you have to appear with poor old laura gellar.

one more thing - "Phillipa" makes a very nice living outside of QVC as a hand model - looks like she's been doing some work for LE. bet she doesnt let alcohol near those little moneyspinners... :tongue2:
http://www.hiredhandsmodels.com/model.php?id=170

Last edited:
Blimey: I take it you stored it all up?:rock:
Really wonder though why people feel that women over a certain age have to have "acceptable" hair - and whatever is that meant to be ? Furthermore who exactly is the authority to refer to what hair Pippa is allowed to have?
I like her hair, actually do not really care what she does to her hair, but do think it suits her.

I also think that surely she can call her daughter anything she likes? Pretentious to anyone or not, its 'her' daughter and her and I asusme partners/husband call. I have heard much worse name then Ophelia.

As for the rest I can see where you come from

I like Pips :tongue: but I can see where you're coming from Burlz. As for risking your neck 'dissing' her ~ your posts are always entertaining with loads of humour and dare I say it , warmth in them!
As for women of a certain age dressing/looking appropriately..... NEVER!!!!!

Stacey was her no.1, she wore her stuff for her album cover. Would be interesting to know if she is still in contact with the ousted one.

Oh you are naughty :bow: (in the best kenneth williams drone).

You must wash your mouth out with soap, or have you already been at the 70 % hand cleansing gel? :sun::wink::wink::sun:

I like Pippa but the OP is brilliant and has more than a whiff of truth to it!

Stacey was her no.1, she wore her stuff for her album cover. Would be interesting to know if she is still in contact with the ousted one.[/QUOTE

Does anyone know why the line was dropped? I used to like watching her demos.

Well, Burlz. It's good to have you back on form. I am a big Pipa fan, but you actually raise some really interesting points there.

I saw the comment yesterday about the alcomahol in the ABC presentation and must say I agree with you, opinion switching in general is a bugbear of mine but I nearly choked on my oaty bar when I heard this yesterday. We're used to being told alcomahol in products is very drying on the skin (unless they're flogging SBC and now ABC of course :wink:)

Also the other one was raised in a thread on Thursday I think, when she claimed that 98% of all things ordered every day on QVC are sent out that same day. Again I choked (it was hot tea and an oaty bar on Thursday). Tell that to all the folks who never get their orders on time, or indeed at all.

Oho. Yais. My dander is up. Dander interruptus.

Well, Burlz. It's good to have you back on form. I am a big Pipa fan, but you actually raise some really interesting points there.

I saw the comment yesterday about the alcomahol in the ABC presentation and must say I agree with you, opinion switching in general is a bugbear of mine but I nearly choked on my oaty bar when I heard this yesterday. We're used to being told alcomahol in products is very drying on the skin (unless they're flogging SBC and now ABC of course :wink:)

Also the other one was raised in a thread on Thursday I think, when she claimed that 98% of all things ordered every day on QVC are sent out that same day. Again I choked (it was hot tea and an oaty bar on Thursday). Tell that to all the folks who never get their orders on time, or indeed at all.

Oho. Yais. My dander is up. Dander interruptus.

she talks cack, just as much as the rest of 'em

Latest posts

Back