A Question for the Ladies.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi
I have the older version of this and it is very good for single hairs around the chin and upper lip. Hope that helps with your decision

I tried one a while ago (not this one) it not only took the hairs from my upper lip it took most of the skin too_Ouch!!!

Awful!

Yes, I have this - found it useless. And the blades/ tweezer-thingies fell out to boot !!.

(Sorry!)

I have a larger epilator. It's pretty much the same for one hair or more, you can catch the skin which will be painful but I find this usually happens once the batteries start running low. Epilating is always painful at first, but then so was tweezering the eyebrows but we get used to it. If I find no joy with the epilator one way I change it to another position/angle and work from there, it's a bit trial and error. Would I go back to shaving - no, why? - because when you have got rid of all the hair it doesn't hurt at all so you know you've done a good job,not like shaving where you find a few stray ones. I feel more confident after epilating.:happy:

Yes I got one when it was the TSV, I would recommend it. It did take a few minutes to get used to using it and it did sting a little at first but I find it more effective than tweezers.

.... Just upper lip/chin/neck to stop me looking like Tom Selleck :giggle: Advice please, pale skin and dark hair is a curse!

:mysmilie_480: Stop it, I loved Tom Selleck, nothing wrong with looking like him male or female!

I also purchased an earlier pink model and it was very painful to use, looks like you have to get used to it and use it regularly for it to work correctly (and become more painfree) I just didn't like it but saying that I might dig it out and have another go.

I also got it when it was the TSV. I think it's good but you have to persevere with the technique a couple of times. I don't find it painful. I do notice that my top lip is quite sensitive and I end up breaking out a bit so just use it for my chin now.

If you have got pale skin and dark hair you are an ideal candidate for laser hair removal or IPL, both of which are permanent. If I were you I would be be going down that road. Unfortunately for me, although I have fair skin, my hair is too fair and with some white now, neither of which respond to laser or IPL.

i have this too and it's ok a bit sore at first, made my eyes water!
i agree about the dark hair and fair skin, those hairs are so visible, unfortunately my DD is exactly the same (well she is more blue than pale!) and she couldn't stand it! So my Sis has it and is fine with it
HTH

Right, I think I'll give the epilating a go and if I dont get on with it then I'll look into IPL :smile:

Well...... if it helps, there was an article couple of days ago saying that more and more women are actually shaving their face, especially those that need close ups (not the QVC models by the look of it) AND that shaving your face doesn't actually make the hair grow back any darker or thicker, that's an old wives tale.

I've got the older version of this & find it a handly little product. I get the odd hair poking through on my chin & it does a marvellous job in yanking it out. Persevere with it. Its a bit eye watering at first but you get used to it. :doh:

I was just wondering if any of you lovely ladies have used this http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.432938.cm_scid.KeywordSearch and if so, is it any good. I have never epilated before and don't fancy getting a larger one because I wouldn't use it for legs. Just upper lip/chin/neck to stop me looking like Tom Selleck :giggle: Advice please, pale skin and dark hair is a curse!
Yes. I bought one. At first was a bit worried if I used it, would it encourage thicker growth as in shaving?
Used it for the odd whisker here and there and found it very good. I'm much bolder now and use it just along and under my chin for that little bit of down that you don't always see until you're out and look in another mirror! It does pull a little but what can you expect when it's actually pulling the root.
Sometimes I need to put a little soothing type moisturiser on as it sometimes gives me a slight pimply rash on the area which goes very quickley after applying. [Liz Earle Line serum or anything else that's soothing on your shelf]. Hairs come back much less frequent and not so thick. I would definately recommend it!

Latest posts

Back