Abbie Horne during Dyson Hairdryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OMG!!!! Who'd use rollers? My whole life I looked a sight because I had wavy davy, **** hair. All my teen years, my hair was frizz hair bear bunch and everyone else's was straight sleek cher. Always the geek with the bad hair, that was me. Now, I thank god that at my age my hair is finally the way I wanted it to look at 17 :mysmilie_8:

I learned the truth at 17 that love was just for beauty queens and girls with good hair :mysmilie_17:

CC, you've got me singing that Janis Ian song now, I've always liked it.

I had long straight hair as a teenager, but joined in with the spiral perms of the early 80s. We all want different to what we have naturally don't we.

It's now in a chin length bob....dried at the front first.

Ahh, sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone. My hair has been the bane of my life.

CC

I wasn't upset, just moved because I can imagine how you felt. I have two daughters & worked in two fantastic high schools, I did everything I could to support the self worth.of every child. We all have aspects of our appearance we don't like & hair can't be hidden easily. I'm so pleased that yours is now how you've always wanted it to be.

I wasn't upset, just moved because I can imagine how you felt. I have two daughters & worked in two fantastic high schools, I did everything I could to support the self worth.of every child. We all have aspects of our appearance we don't like & hair can't be hidden easily. I'm so pleased that yours is now how you've always wanted it to be.

That is one of the kindest things anyone has ever said. Thank you :mysmilie_59:

CC

Now they are going to sell the dryer with a display stand.....doesn't look like the Dyson dryer is going anywhere anytime soon :dull:

Obviously miss Abbey hast been giving out advice on what products to use with the air wrap thingy according to some posts on Arsebook

Obviously miss Abbey hast been giving out advice on what products to use with the air wrap thingy according to some posts on Arsebook

I emailed the Q over her often repeated statements that other driers reach temperatures of more than 200 degrees (F or C not specified) & that people get their stylists to use their Dyson products. The first fact is incorrect & the second one would cause insurance issues. The response I received yesterday told me I was wrong on both counts.

I emailed the Q over her often repeated statements that other driers reach temperatures of more than 200 degrees (F or C not specified) & that people get their stylists to use their Dyson products. The first fact is incorrect & the second one would cause insurance issues. The response I received yesterday told me I was wrong on both counts.

Was that a response from Q? Hopefully you aren’t going to take it lying down!!

Was that a response from Q? Hopefully you aren’t going to take it lying down!!

'I won't. I sent a reply immediately & asked them why they hadn't said anything about taking the products to be used in a salon, I'm still waiting for a response to that one. This was from Nicola in Customer Support:

'I have watched the presentation back, and the guest from Dyson does refer to 'other' hairdryers which can get up to temperatures of 230 degrees.

The guest is not making a false claim about this.
I have searched online and there are hairdryers out there which can reach 230 degree at their hottest.

If we can help with anything else please get back in touch with the team'

Fortunately I didn't, just 'Best Wishes'. I wonder if I'll be the first customer whose account gets closed because I keep complaining & persistently nagging.

They probably take it as a good sign. That means you are watching and participating to them. Radio silence can be interpreted as - you've stopped taking any interest in Q and their wares, or you are a dutiful consumer, buying without thinking.

Fortunately I didn't, just 'Best Wishes'. I wonder if I'll be the first customer whose account gets closed because I keep complaining & persistently nagging.

Well you should complain and nag. I had an undelivered outdoor carpet which I enquired about and was told it had gone missing and I was also given an instant refund. The same night (tonight) at 7.30pm it was delivered by a man in a car who told me "it's not my area" but there it was. Tried to phone QVC to tell them actually it's here and I need now to pay for it again but ****** hell, I've got through to the Inland Revenue quicker than trying to get through to CS. So they've refunded me, I now have the carpet free and I want to sort it but I can't talk to anyone. Going on holiday tomorrow so it will have to wait.

CC

Haven’t they heard of PAT testing and the little green sticker (is that still used ?).

nooooooooooooooooooooo

Could you just refer to ASA, & explain about their failure to understand temperature settings?
Note I haven't refreshed myself with your original complaint, but I recall it being about 230 deg being really blimmin' hot? Without looking up temp conversions etc - can't recall if it was deg F or some other wacky made up temp scale, is there any way that CS 'searched the net' for such items, which turned out to be for bonding (melting) extensions, or for relaxing procedures on Afro hair? Rambled, but HTMS....

Last edited by a moderator:
nooooooooooooooooooooo

Could you just refer to ASA, & explain about their failure to understand temperature settings?
Note I haven't refreshed myself with your original complaint, but I recall it being about 230 deg being really blimmin' hot? Without looking up temp conversions etc - can't recall if it was deg F or some other wacky made up temp scale, is there any way that CS 'searched the net' for such items, which turned out to be for bonding (melting) extensions, or for relaxing procedures on Afro hair? Rambled, but HTMS....

I did tell the Q that I would do this & first thing in the morning I'll get on to it. I had contacted the ASA about the other Abbie/Abi/Abby/ Abbey? saying that Ultrasun was available on presecription & they upheld my complaint - victory for the little person.

On BBC1 "Fake Britain" tonight, there are loads of FAKE Dyson supersonic hairdryers for sale.

They LOOK virtually identical, including the packaging.

To avoid suspicion, they are not priced ridiculously low, but about £24 less than the Dyson website price.

The programme alleged that the performance is far inferior, and they are also dangerous.

On BBC1 "Fake Britain" tonight, there are loads of FAKE Dyson supersonic hairdryers for sale.

They LOOK virtually identical, including the packaging.

To avoid suspicion, they are not priced ridiculously low, but about £24 less than the Dyson website price.

The programme alleged that the performance is far inferior, and they are also dangerous.

I love the Revlon one step hairdryer. There are copies and an influencer/reviewer? who loves/endorses? the Revlon one put out a video because her review was used on the copy/fake product and she was furious.

I did tell the Q that I would do this & first thing in the morning I'll get on to it. I had contacted the ASA about the other Abbie/Abi/Abby/ Abbey? saying that Ultrasun was available on presecription & they upheld my complaint - victory for the little person.

If the ASA uphold a complaint, does that mean, then, that in Abbie's case that she/Q will have been 'warned'....or something?

I'd love to know if there was a way of viewing all of Q's 'warnings' from ASA? FOI request perhaps?

Latest posts

Back