A'kin advice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

livelovelaugh

Registered Shopper
Thanks to the wonderful, wonderful, L'Akin I am now have moved from pleasantly like to firmly in love with the A'kin cleanser and rosehip oil....I cannot decide how I feel about the hydrating spray...nothing negative, just not sure I love it as I do the other two products...and now, I am wondering about the moisturisers...

I have used and like shea butter in the past, but never on my face - either as a conditioner or a body cream. To be honest, I was never that bothered about it..and then for the second time in my (adult) life I had acne...it took ages to clear and when it all started up again, I was really unhappy....so, when I heard that shea butter can cause the pores to get blocked, I stayed away from it...as i have argan oil for the same reason.

But, I love the products i have tried SO much that I am seriously tempted...Has anyone got any advice? I am on the verge of placing an order...but don't want all the breakouts to appear again!

I have just ordered the shea anti-oxidant cream off ebay, i do have slightly dry cheeks and oily t zone, so thought it'd be good for winter. Having read the ingredient list it contains a few things that help the healing and clearing up of spots (or so they say) as well as moisturising, i havent received it yet, but ill give it a bash!

My mother uses the fragrance free cream for sensitive skinand loves it. She uses the rose hip/shea cream if her skin gets very dry or the weather is bad. She has fragile very fair skin and the range seems great. Good luck with finding something to suit you.

:hi: :flower: Hiya my lovely.

I am no expert, but I have tried (and loved!) a few of A'kin products in my time! :D

On the whole I find them balancing to my oil levels and calming on my skin in general - cos a TOTM spot is one thing - a painful angry irritated spot trying to breed is quite another! :eek: My skin had been much better behaved since i began reducing then amount of mineral oil and silicones I put on it, but we all have our own individual bete noire's! :)

The Rosehip & Shea Intensive Moisture Anti-Oxidant Complex is quite rich. I have combination skin, and I use it as night cream, but very sparingly on any spot prone areas (the chin and jawline for me)

The Rose de Mai and the Lavender & Rose Repairing Anti-Oxidant Night Cream have slightly less rich textures, but both still contain shea butter (albeit a little further down the ingredients lists.) I still use a tiny bit and press it on (except for my dry neck which gets as much as it will absorb!) and I can use these as day creams if I want to. they work underneath makeup for me.

It takes 28 days for a spot to form doesn't it? So, perhaps you could try the A'kin cream of your choice for a few days and then wait to see if anything kicks off? If I get a rash or a break out it's sometimes hard to tell exactly what caused it if you get some out of the ordinary skin behaviour and only your face cream has changed then it's got to be a candidate for prime suspect. (Then send it back by First Class post if you think it's caused your problems on day 29 of the MBG!) :D

Have you checked out the reviews at Mypure.com? I usually find them very helpful and informative rather than the gushing "I got this this morning and it changed my life" type reviews.
:grin:
http://www.mypure.co.uk/akin-skin-c...sturising-day-time-face-cream.--save-3.80-p31

I have just ordered the shea anti-oxidant cream off ebay, i do have slightly dry cheeks and oily t zone, so thought it'd be good for winter. Having read the ingredient list it contains a few things that help the healing and clearing up of spots (or so they say) as well as moisturising, i havent received it yet, but ill give it a bash!

I really hope you like it sweetie - as you know I am a huge A'kin fan! :D I hadn't thoght of it in terms of healing capabilities but it is definitely soothing and all those Omegas and vitamins must help the healing process mustn't they.

Fingers crossed that you love it as much as I do! :flower:

L'Akin, I hope you won't mind me asking another piece of Akin advice...
I've spotted a nice A'kin kit on QVC, the3 piece hydrating Rose & Radiance collection (item 228093) and was wondering if you think it would be suitable for combination skin. I'm thinking of buying it as a Xmas pressie for a friend... Thanks! :happy:

I'm pretty sure that's the first A'kin kit I ever tried - and it got me hooked! :D The cleanser is divine- almost everyone loves it - the Rosehip oil is balancing and healing, and the moisturiser is soothing, nourishing and hydrating.

A lot of combination skins get starved of hydration because we're scared of getting shiny or spotty but used judiciously - in small amounts as a night cream the Rosehip & Shea Intensive Moisture Anti-Oxidant Complex is full of skin loving goodness for everybody! :grin:

The value is amazing too - that little lot would set you back about £36 if you bought the items separately. (Oo 'ark at me - QVC should put me on air!) :giggle:

I'm pretty sure that's the first A'kin kit I ever tried - and it got me hooked! :D The cleanser is divine- almost everyone loves it - the Rosehip oil is balancing and healing, and the moisturiser is soothing, nourishing and hydrating.

A lot of combination skins get starved of hydration because we're scared of getting shiny or spotty but used judiciously - in small amounts as a night cream the Rosehip & Shea Intensive Moisture Anti-Oxidant Complex is full of skin loving goodness for everybody! :grin:

The value is amazing too - that little lot would set you back about £36 if you bought the items separately. (Oo 'ark at me - QVC should put me on air!) :giggle:

Totally!! I've just ordered the kit!!! Thanks Love A'kin! I've bought this for a friend in Italy. I have no idea if A'kin is available there at all, but doubt it, so I'm sure she'll be thrilled to try out something new and fabulous.
Many thanks for the advice and endorsement! (P.S.: changed my mind; you're too good for QVC, I'd rather you kept giving us all advice here on ST!:flower:)

:flower::up2:I think you made the right decision Sausage! I can't imagine that your friend won't love A'kin because besides being soooo good for your skin they have gorgeously luxurious textures and smells as well.

My son's girlfriend likes to stop over at ours she says because she loves using my A'kin products in the morning (the cheeky madam! :D) She comes downstairs grinning and saying "smell my face" to my son (who would probably think she was demented if I hadn't been doing that kind of thing his whole life so he thinks it's normal!)

Three guesses what she's getting for crimbo! :D

I just wanted to say a huge thank-you to all of you! I wish I could you all a huge hug, just for helping....you're all great...thanks xxx

I have sensitive, rosacea prone, combination skin (which can be dehydrated on my cheeks at times).

I found the Rosehip & Shea moisturiser far too rich for my face (but was fine on my neck) so I doubt I would re-purchase. My skin LOVES the Rose De Mai day cream and the Lavender & Rose night cream. Don't be put off by the gel-cream like texture - a little goes a long way, but if you feel you do need more, you can always re-apply. When you first start using them, you may think it's not hydrating enough (which is what happened to me - they seem to sink in straight away) but I decided to continue with them both for 30 days before writing them off, and the improvement in my skin after that time was amazing - better hydration and clarity.

On a side note, since using the Cellular Radiance Serum, I also find the Rosehip Oil a bit too thick for me as well (it feels like its sitting on my skin, rather than sinking in like the CR serum). Wouldn't be without this serum now, or the Rose & Geranium cleaner (and the hair care ...!)

I am an A'kin fan as well, with normal to oily skin. I was surprised to find the geranium cleanser worked fine for me, as well as the Rose de Mai and the Lavender creams. Like Cupcake I found the intensive moisturiser too rich for me. I haven't tried the Radiance serum, but it's on my list, along with the night eye cream. Hoping today for some more anniversary prices than the 2 listed, or something else as a treat like easypay.

I want Rose De Mai, Cellular Radiance Serum and Cellular Brightening Mist so I'm popping over to QVC and Mypure now to see where's the best place to buy.

If there happens to be a fab priced kit comprising those precise items today I will be unable to hold myself back - but otherwise I can (hopefully) wait until my NO QVC purchases and NO Beauty purchases time period is up. It's only a few more days. :D

PS Ooh and I've added some things to my watch list on "The Bay"...:D

Last edited:
Well, my A'kin three shower gels and shower puff just arrived, hoping I like them as would love to change over to a more natural shower product. I was a bit surprised that they were just put in a plastic bag/envelope...no jiffy bag/box/packing peanuts/any sort of padding whatsoever! Luckily our post chap at work is very careful and handles everything like a newborn baby but still, I'd have though sending shower gels in the post would require some sort of padding? Not everyone is as careful as our post guy! So much for the P&P charge!

I managed to bag another of the great little kits containing the travel sized cleanser, full sized rosehip oil and fab moisturiser (in the little pink bag). Funnily enough I was going to get a kit in Australia as it was a great deal but I got the e-mail from QVC saying the back order I had placed had been fulfilled and the parcel was waiting for me when i got home. The moisturiser is just lovely and costs £19.99 by itself, the kit is about £18 so even with the P&P it's a fab deal.

Tx

Latest posts

Back