Alison Keenan - Update

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tolly

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone,

I've spoken to Dawn today - she has forwarded your kind messages to Alison via Email. Dawn also asked me to post this message to you and she has suggested that if anyone wishing to send a card to Alison can do so via her shop and Dawn will forward them to Alison at home so she gets them immediately.

"I'm sure it would be a huge boost to Ali if she received a box full of cards. I've spoken to Ali she is doing really well and very positive. Ali is very grateful for all the love and messages being sent to her and would like to thank everyone for their support."

Here's the address to use if you would like to write to Alison:-

Cards for Ali c/o
Dawn Bibby Design Store
Market street
Church
Accrington
Lancs
BB5 ODP

Thank you again.

Tolly
x

What a wonderful idea Tolly. Thanks for this. I shall get Ali a card when I am out today.:sun:

I have enough paper and card here to sink a battle ship so I'll actually make a card for Ali-first one I will have made for a veeeery long time. I hope she beats this-I had the big C a couple of years ago and it's a pretty lonely 'place' to be, as no-one really knows how you feel when you get that diagnosis.

A card will be winging its way to Accrington as I write.

(PS. I take it you ARE the same Tolly that reprimanded me on 21.1.11 for daring to ask what happened to Leonie !)

alternative

appreciative of the thoughts everyone has for Ali , but rather than inflate the post office and card makers profits a donation to BCC in her name may be more appropriate .

appreciative of the thoughts everyone has for Ali , but rather than inflate the post office and card makers profits a donation to BCC in her name may be more appropriate .

I think a personal card is a lovely sentiment ~ it can give a person a real boost to read the messages.
By all means send a donation to BCC but a card with caring words means a great deal

Sometimes its nice to receive a card. Donations are lovely too but nothing cheers a poorly person up like a card with a personal message inside IMHO. XX

You are in such a lonely place when you have the diagnosis and full of personal grief and personal fear that a card send to you would be a much more personal thing as it is happening to you. Sorry not explaining this very well. Its a great idea, but YOU are in it and going through it, so a card would be just nice to give you personal support.

Sorry, posted before I saw the other post about this. Note to self: read all posts before answering.

I think it's a great idea to send a donation to charity rather than send a load of Christmas cards, but I agree with the other posters who say that a personal card can lift the spirits.:heart:

I'm sure a short note of support would be much appreciated and that only costs the price of a stamp, as they say it's the thought that counts.

I'm sure a bundle of cards might be well received by Alison. We don't know her, nor she us, but she did share her blog with us, so I'm sure she'll appreciate any kind thoughts that are sent her way.

It must have been so very difficult for Alison writing that blog , and the one with more details on the breast cancer care website, especially so soon after her surgery. I can't imagine what she's going through. I hope all our good wishes are of some help to her , knowing we are all behind her wishing her well.:flower::flower:

Latest posts

Back