Alternative to Clarisonic?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks. I may consider the Luna at some time in the future as I find the clarisonic a bit harsh on my face. Especially like as don't need replacement brushes

I'm quite tempted by this when l need to replace my clarisonic. I like that you don't have to get replacement heads. But before l part with my hard earned l shall need to do more research.

I read about this last month and enquired from the company about the mini.

It only does general skin so not really suitable for sensitive skin.

For that you need the full size one at £145.

http://www.foreo.com/product/luna/

Each colour is coded to different skin types. So if you found the Clarisonic too harsh then the mini won't suit you.

The mini one is only really for travelling with.

Ideal world have the Nutrasonic system, its on offer atm for £69.99 and a lot of reviews online including some on Qvc usa , favour the nutrasonic over the Clarasonic

http://www.idealworld.tv/NutraSonic_Essential_Professional_4-Speed_Sonic_Cleanser_Kit_276381.aspx?fh_location=//idealworld/en_GB/categories@lt;{idealworld_8006_8037}/brand_iw@gt;{nutrasonic}

Okay a heads up. On the Money Saving Site this was mentioned the other day in the Health and Beauty part. Some one said they got the mini for £27. Seems they belonged to a beauty discount group and the company wanted more people to try this product and did an offer to members only. When asked she said she could not name the group or how to join it. So I am thinking is it one of the Birchbox /Beautybox things?????

Oh Donna I want to be in this club! Pick me! Pick me secret beauty club owners!

I know that BzzAgent were running a campaign for Foreo and those invited got it at a discount to try and review, along with some discount coupons to pass along. There is some unrest, however, as people who really wanted it didn't get invited and those who did but don't want to try it are selling them off on eBay. (Naughty)

I bought a mini from Harvey Nics, paid full price and love it. I wasn't too bothered about the anti-aging part, so went for the cheaper mini. I use it twice a day and it seems to me to be working well. My skin is much softer and absorbs my moisturiser much better. Love it, love it, love it!

I know that BzzAgent were running a campaign for Foreo and those invited got it at a discount to try and review, along with some discount coupons to pass along. There is some unrest, however, as people who really wanted it didn't get invited and those who did but don't want to try it are selling them off on eBay. (Naughty)

I bought a mini from Harvey Nics, paid full price and love it. I wasn't too bothered about the anti-aging part, so went for the cheaper mini. I use it twice a day and it seems to me to be working well. My skin is much softer and absorbs my moisturiser much better. Love it, love it, love it!

Cheeky buggers!!!!!!! I always laugh at the Space NK events a few days later stuff from the goodie is on ebay for sale and outrageous prices.

I'm trialing it at the moment for Bzzagent...I'll post a proper review tomo when I'm a little more awake. I will say I have sensitive skin (I have an auto-immune skin condition so I have to be careful) and am finding the mini excellent.
I also have 5 35% off discount coupies available.

Les x

I saw this at the Professional Beauty show in Manchester on Monday. it does look very good and l'm definitely going to buy one, if Santa doesn't leave one for me lol. Would love to read your review Urbanlass. I have acne rosacea so have to be careful what l use. But this felt so gentle and no heads to replace either.

My bzz review hope it's informative.
I have 5 35% off discount codes available.:blackcat:

Everything nowadays seems to be gadgetry...skincare is no different it seems. I had heard of the Luna's reputation before I saw the price...baulked and forgot about it. Then came the offer to trial it at a massive discount via Bzzagent...I JUMPED at the chance. It arrived in svelte minimalistic packaging as is the Scandinavian way...Foreo are a Swedish Company.

The Claims:
• Clearer, brighter and healthier-looking skin
• New way of cleansing that is deep, yet gentle
• Skin is freed of dirt, oil and makeup residue
• Pores are cleansed of blemish-causing impurities

All this using this silicone noduled pebble, for 1 minute 2 times a day, with results in 3 days, seemed lofty in the extreme.

I'm Scottish, White...pale and pasty with the natural North East greyish matt pallor. I'm perimenopausal with a new found oil slick of a T-zone with the dreaded blackheads, broken capillaries and have auto-immune skin problems to boot...this little beauty was going to have its hands full...or so I thought.

The packaging contains a small leaflet and the short USB charging cable as well as the Luna itself. I found the leaflet to be slightly unhelpful...the print size is tiny as is the actual instruction. The device looks like a round, beach washed, pebble...it's very ergonomically pleasing as well as aesthetically too. One side has the debossed log and the power/intensity switch centrally placed, above this are the nubs/nodules...this side has two areas, soft then softer, above in a crescent. The reverse has the charger connection and an area of firm nubs above. So 3 cleansing zones, 1300 silicone coated nubs, nonabrasive, sonic, hygienic and nowhere for bacteria to lurk...

As the leaflet isn't up to much I discovered after some faffing about on t'internet that you should charge the device on arrival even if it has a residual charge. You mustn't use grainy or silicone based cleansers as these can damage the surface of the nubs. I'd be ok if I dropped it in the sink or the shower as its waterproof to a depth of 1 metre and it comes with a 2-Year Limited Warranty and a 10-Year Quality Guarantee.

Yay it's charged (300 uses from 1 charge too!), the flashing light on the bottom of the device has now changed to a steady light. Cleanser slathered on device wet and away we go...15 seconds for each area, chin and cheeks, forehead, nose and eye area...YES eyes! It's strange to feel the sonic pulsation, but not unpleasant, after 15 seconds of upward outward, lymph draining movement this little beauty pauses to tell me to move on...super...we do the forehead then the nose...if like me you have an oily t zone you can use the firm side of the Luna for deep cleansing, otherwise just stick with the softer side...now comes the eye sequence...depress the central power button after the 3rd pause and the intensity is lessened and we go under the eye and outward for lymph drainage. When the minute is up you will feel 3 short pauses to let you know you're finished...it automatically cuts out after 3 minutes so you can't overdo it. A minute goes by very quickly initially, but you get used to it after a couple of days.

Results...yes...after day 2 I noticed a glow I haven't had on my skin in many a long year. Day 3 I'm inflicted to a *stand under the light* inspection by OH...nods approval. Day 5 The Mother comments on my skin...she says I look healthy :)

Conclusion:
It works! I have a smoothness I haven't had before without doing an exfoliation or a peel. I have no worries about introducing bacteria via cloth or brush head as I would normally have...and I have no upsell outlay...no brushes yay! I have had no problems with my capillaries, I have had a couple of chin spots, but I expect all the pulsating is moving everything upward and outwards. I haven't noticed any lessening of oil on the t zone yet, but as mine is slicksville I think it's still early days. The device is small enough to travel with, although I do wish they had a pouch with it. Doesn't require any special cleansing agents, just soap and water and dry it off. You're not tied to wires or chargers because of the phenomenal 300 uses per charge.

Without Bzzagent would I have bought it...in all honesty NO because of the price point. I feel £99 is just a bit high, for me I'd have happily paid say £79. I was lucky to have #GotADiscount and I'm not giving it back :p

Last edited:
Thanks for the excellent review. I'm still using my clarisonic but may consider it later.
It almost sounds like a vibrator - do you think it would make a good one?

Yes thanks Urban lass for a very good and informative review, I saw this in Harvey nicks a few weeks back and wondered what it was! am quite tempted, might put on my Xmas list!

Something to add...just to make sure the Luna was making the difference to my skin and it wasn't just down to my new found cleansing routine I stopped using it for 3 days...back came the lumpy matt look.
It does work for me.

Lx

Latest posts

Back