Amazon TSV 11/05/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We're looking to replace our antique iPad so if it's a tablet I'll watch out for the details cheers Ian.

If it's Blink cameras I can thoroughly recommend them. I was assaulted by our neighbour from hell last year and without the few seconds Blink clip the Police said it would have been my word against his. It does make me wonder how anyone was charged by the Police in the olden days of the 1990s! It also deters him (neighbour not Police) from nicking deliveries off our doorstep. Our best purchase for a couple of years.

We're looking to replace our antique iPad so if it's a tablet I'll watch out for the details cheers Ian.

If it's Blink cameras I can thoroughly recommend them. I was assaulted by our neighbour from hell last year and without the few seconds Blink clip the Police said it would have been my word against his. It does make me wonder how anyone was charged by the Police in the olden days of the 1990s! It also deters him (neighbour not Police) from nicking deliveries off our doorstep. Our best purchase for a couple of years.
There’s a Fire tablet on a deal price on Amazon at the mo chuck. 👍🏽

The only Amazon products I ever seem to see on QVC now are Echo devices. I love mine but I have more than enough. Not as many as Lee Hohbein, though!

Incidentally, I just asked Alexa who Lee Hohbein is and she doesn’t know. She seems to know who Chuntley, Chloe, Jackie and Flinty are, though. Apparently, Alison Keenan is “a bright, dynamic woman with round cheeks and a quaint smile”! You’d think I had nothing better to do….

I have an Echo show, and its great for chatting to little brother who lives 200 miles away. We're now trying to get other family members to get one - so much easier than holding a phone facetiming for an hour !

Not sure why a light bulb is included in this one though ! why ?

I have an Echo show, and its great for chatting to little brother who lives 200 miles away. We're now trying to get other family members to get one - so much easier than holding a phone facetiming for an hour !

Because you can tell it to turn on and off with Alexa

Amazon Show 8 2nd Gen HD Smart Display and Tapo L510B Smart Bulb
Item Number: 729079
QVC Price £130.00
Todays Special Value Price £76.98
P&P £4.95

Ready to enhance your home? You will be with the Amazon Echo Show 8, a smart display with an 8" HD touchscreen, adaptive colour and stereo speakers to bring your video calls, music and entertainment to life. What's more, you'll receive a dimmable, voice-controlled Tapo smart bulb included, so you can design the perfect lighting scenarios for all moments, whether it's dinner for two or lowering the lights for movie night.

Your day, your display - combining a rich stereo sound with an 8" HD screen and the convenience of the Alexa voice assistant, the Echo Show 8 is the perfect home update. You can set alarms and timers, display your photos or stream music seamlessly. From mapping a commute to looking up dinner recipes, ask Alexa anything!

Pure entertainment - from TV series on Netflix and Prime Video to music videos, the Echo Show 8 gives you so many entertainment options. And once you've found your favourite lighting for watching movies with the Tapo smart bulb, why not save it as a setting and simply select it for future movie nights?

Smart lighting - included with your Echo Show 8 is the dimmable Tapo smart bulb, for unlimited lighting control. Simply open the Tapo app and dim the lights with your fingertips, or switch them off with voice commands using Alexa. Whether you're creating a schedule with brightness settings or automatically activating light according to your time zone, there's never been an easier (and cooler!) way to hit the lights.

High quality video calls - with a 13MP HD camera that automatically pans, zooms and frames, you can make video calls to friends and family in an instant. Simply tell Alexa who you want to call!

Sharing memories - keep all your photos in one place using Amazon Photos to turn your Home screen into a digital frame. With adaptive colour, your favourite snaps will look amazing in any light. Right, time for a slideshow!

Privacy and security - Alexa and Echo Show devices are built with multiple layers of privacy protection, so, you have total control over your experience. For extra security, you can access the built-in camera to look around your home and get peace of mind. Out of the house on a trip? You can even set the Tapo bulb to turn on/off randomly to simulate someone being home!

Ask Alexa - whether you're checking the weather or penciling meetings, ask Alexa and she'll answer. She can show you to-do lists and appointments, updates from news sources or give you traffic updates.

What's in the box?

• 1 x Echo Show 8 (second generation)
  • 1 x power adaptor (30W)
  • 1 x cable - 1.5m (59.1")
  • 1 x quick start guide
  • 1 x Tapo L510B smart bulb

Is it easy to set up? I am tempted, but not very good at setting things up.

If you've already got any sort of Alexa it is usually easy to add a new one.

But if it's your first, from memory there is quite a lot to set up, including setting up an account.

BTW Lee showed the first version, a bulky white one. I still have one of these!

If you've already got any sort of Alexa it is usually easy to add a new one.

But if it's your first, from memory there is quite a lot to set up, including setting up an account.

BTW Lee showed the first version, a bulky white one. I still have one of these!
Yes, I think you have to go online and check boxes in your account for all things Alexa. I didn't find it that bad and am quite familiar with the site now as I check things on it fairly often but if you are using it for the first time, it might be a bit off-putting. As Strato says, once you've done the first one, it is easy thereafter because it knows you. You don't need a techy person in though, Kathy. Anyone who's used to setting things up on wifi/internet would find it quite straightforward.

Yes, I think you have to go online and check boxes in your account for all things Alexa. I didn't find it that bad and am quite familiar with the site now as I check things on it fairly often but if you are using it for the first time, it might be a bit off-putting. As Strato says, once you've done the first one, it is easy thereafter because it knows you. You don't need a techy person in though, Kathy. Anyone who's used to setting things up on wifi/internet would find it quite straightforward.
Thank you both for the reply's , I have ordered it . I am sure my Granddaughter will set it up for me, whether I will be able to master it is another matter, I am not very techy minded but fingers crossed.

Thank you both for the reply's , I have ordered it . I am sure my Granddaughter will set it up for me, whether I will be able to master it is another matter, I am not very techy minded but fingers crossed.
Perfect. I was going to say, a younger family member would find it a breeze. I love my Alexa devices. I use them constantly.

I want to try Alexa devices. My daughter has a basic one and we have loads of fun finding music and asking Alexa questions. Mind you I have changed internet provider and I hated sorting it tbh. I usually get my youngest who is a geek at everything computer and electronic to do everything.

I just ordered the set of 4 Tapo smartplugs from Q, they were the cheapest I could find even with PP (so please don't tell me if you find them cheaper lol).

I already use about 4, they are very useful, especially for turning the light off in the bedroom as you are drifting off to sleep, and on again if you have to get up in the dark ;)

Latest posts

Back