Amazon TSV 11/05/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Noticed Lee was showcasing a new male voice last night. For himself? No - the new male voice for the Amazon gadget world. Deep, powerful and extraordinarily masculine - not me, the bot. Strangely, though, it was still answering to Alexa, which tends to kill the newly available manliness stone dead. If things were reversed and the Amazon voice had always been male and called Bert, I am sure they would have not lumbered that name on a newly introduced female ‘character’?

Hohbein seems to worship the God(ess) Alexa. He says he has a tablet in every room. Alexa, tell me what the weather is like today, he swoons.. “No…foxtrot oscar and look out the window, you lazy ****.. If only….

I don't actually have one in every room, but I have enough scattered around so I can use them from every room.

My main use is for listening to the radio, as there are 100s of stations available. And if you get fed up of one you can just ask for another, without having to press loads of buttons on the real radio. For example, if I want to change from Radio 4 to Classic FM on my radio I have to click buttons 18 times, now I just say "Classic FM".

And catchup radio is great as well, for example "Ask the BBC to play Poirot" and you get the latest episode. And you can ask it for the previous episode, or skip forwards or backwards for the number of minutes you ask.

After about a year of non-use, I am just about to resurrect my generation 1 Echo Show, after seeing the TSV. I didn't use the screen much, apart from displaying a clock, so I put it away.

I don't think I could live (not literally) without mine now.

Last edited:
I just ordered the set of 4 Tapo smartplugs from Q, they were the cheapest I could find even with PP (so please don't tell me if you find them cheaper lol).

I already use about 4, they are very useful, especially for turning the light off in the bedroom as you are drifting off to sleep, and on again if you have to get up in the dark ;)
Still awaiting stock at Q (due in tomorrow in theory).

They were the cheapest deal when I ordered them, but now lots of places have them cheaper so I just cancelled them! That is one of the benefits of AO.
Only a pound or two cheaper elsewhere, but I object to paying QVC PP.

Latest posts

Back