Amhara Opal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TheManWithNoName

Registered Shopper
Dave Sloth was on earlier flogging, I quote, the "finest opal" he's ever seen (he wants one himself too apparently).

He didn't tell people that these "finest opals" are reconstituted though..........

His idea of fine quality is totally different to my idea of fine quality. 'Reconstituted' treatments are arguably the harshest treatments available - even worse than 'filled' stones.

Dave Sloth was on earlier flogging, I quote, the "finest opal" he's ever seen (he wants one himself too apparently).

He didn't tell people that these "finest opals" are reconstituted though..........

His idea of fine quality is totally different to my idea of fine quality. 'Reconstituted' treatments are arguably the harshest treatments available - even worse than 'filled' stones.
Saw this and it’s utterly disgraceful that they don’t mention this in their monologues.

Well spotted, thank you!
What does “reconstitution” actually involve/mean?
Read about “reconstructed opals” and believe they are man made lab created opals.
Really confused about these Amhara Opals. There is a sweet story on their website about Steve being gifted the Amhara Opal by a local man “Rooney” some years ago when visiting the mines in Ethiopia. So I assumed they are natural? Be very grateful for any insight on the opals they were selling yesterday.

Found Amhara Opal ring on eBay with Gemporia certificate that also bares the “R” as a treatment. The description from the seller referred to 100% natural and rare (see the image below). Very confusing 🤔

Attachments

• 0AE098F3-B507-4C05-9EB0-DE7F9330391C.jpeg
    0AE098F3-B507-4C05-9EB0-DE7F9330391C.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 54
  • EEF3B361-DD27-46F4-BC95-4709DE53125E.jpeg
    EEF3B361-DD27-46F4-BC95-4709DE53125E.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 56
What does “reconstitution” actually involve/mean?

It's basically fragments of different stones (usually left-overs / wastage from other cut stones) that have been mixed with a filler and / or resin material that binds it all together to create a whole 'new' stone.

Turquoise is the best example of seeing how a reconstituted stone is formed. If you look at reconstituted turquoise, you will see numerous sections of different shades of blue / turquoise. Those different shades are where the different coloured stones have been compressed together.

Personally, I think the industry should be banned from referring to these as 'genuine' gemstones and also banned from being sold by the carat weight. Once things like resins and 'artificial' elements are added to stones, they're no longer as nature intended in my view - so they shouldn't be regarded as such.

Adina was earlier waxing lyrical about the colour of the blue chalcedony necklace she was flogging.

She even compared it to the rare blue chalcedony jewellery being sold on a high-end website, dismissing theirs as more lilac than blue, and telling everyone how rare blue chalcedony is.

Gemporia's blue chalcedony was dyed.

So not mentioning other treatments doesn't surprise me. And it's not like Gemporia's presenters ever mention when their turquoise is reconstituted.

I wouldn't trust them to tell me what the day is.

It annoys me when they talk about 'rarity' on dyed, diffused and irradiated stones.

It's nonsense. They can make as many as they can when the colour is added artificially.

It's also ironic that they're dismissing another companies 'blue' stones as lilac - yet they'll happily waffle on about how rare their Dove 'Blue' Jadeite is, despite it being a dull white / light grey colour at best.

It annoys me when they talk about 'rarity' on dyed, diffused and irradiated stones.

It's nonsense. They can make as many as they can when the colour is added artificially.

It's also ironic that they're dismissing another companies 'blue' stones as lilac - yet they'll happily waffle on about how rare their Dove 'Blue' Jadeite is, despite it being a dull white / light grey colour at best.
It's lying, pure and simple.

It's why I don't rate any of the remaining Gemporia presenters, because they're all at it.

I was laughing my head off watching Jeff at the weekend, who was flogging opal rings set with so-called imperial green jade.

I always thought imperial jade was a rich, vivid translucent grassy green colour. But apparently it's a cross between dull, murky dishwasher and snot.

It's true: you do learn a lot watching the channel 😏

It's lying, pure and simple.

It's why I don't rate any of the remaining Gemporia presenters, because they're all at it.

I was laughing my head off watching Jeff at the weekend, who was flogging opal rings set with so-called imperial green jade.

I always thought imperial jade was a rich, vivid translucent grassy green colour. But apparently it's a cross between dull, murky dishwasher and snot.

It's true: you do learn a lot watching the channel 😏
That's supposed to be "murky dishwater". ****** autocarrot. 😬

Latest posts

Back