Andi's kitchen just gets worse.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
10 mince pies, £24.45 including postage. That may seem a tad expensive but, if you buy a second, you only pay half the cost of p+p! £2.45 per pie : do they think we're a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic? Secondly - I am vegetarian, so find this particularly offensive anyway - Phil Vickery comes on with a book he co - wrote : "Pork : preparing, curing and cooking all that's possible from a pig" Who came up with that title? Andi Peters wants a full time presenter's job on the Q, I think as, before going to a break, he would tell us what was coming up, and also informed us about the stock status of products, even non cookery items. Makes him appear quite desperate.

And talk about handouts - literally! Seemed like half the crew were stuffing their faces with chocolate brownies. I don't think Andi wotsizname sits comfortably in this role - he's trying too hard. Once again, I flicked onto QVC and flicked off again just as quickly - first I've seen of his programmes, and the last. I don't know why they persist with this celebrity thing of theirs.

PS - does he do weightlifting or bodybuilding or something to get those huge biceps?

I think he comes across as a smug arrogant ****** . He seems to have very limited cooking knowledge and has to mention master chef every 5mins. Surely the 8 week run must be over by now!!!

Sorry, but I like him. He's a breath of fresh air IMO. If Q want to give him a full time gig as a presenter, you wouldn't hear any complaints from me. I don't think we can blame Andi for the ridiculous prices, it won't be his decision at the end of the day.

i like andi peters. i find him very entertaining and is a better presenter than most of the permanant qvc staff. he sells some of the more banal items with flair and enthusiasm

I like him too. I think the only struggle he seems to have is with Dale who is quite a powerful presence whenever he's on screen. It's called 'Andi's Kitchen' and he's been a professional presenter on live tv and radio for a long time and a producer. He know what he's doing, he doesn't, with greatest respect to Dale (who I know many people rate highly), need 'puppy walking' by an existing presenter.

Andi is very well known in tv circles. I like him and Dale. IMO they work well together. Andi is a natural and a breath of fresh air. It was an entertaining hour which I enjoyed. Although I appreciate not everyone's cuppa!

I loved watching Andi on CBBC when I was little, him and Edd the Duck were my favourites. I'm not too sure about him on Q though, he seems kind of... cocky I guess.

Makes you wonder where Edd The Duck ended up.......... Last seen being pursued by Orange Sauce!

I loved watching Andi on CBBC when I was little, him and Edd the Duck were my favourites. I'm not too sure about him on Q though, he seems kind of... cocky I guess.
I thought confident.

Last edited:
I hate to admit it but I really enjoy watching his shows. I do think he is cocky (and I can totally image him being a *beep* off air) but I like his style and I have even warmed to Dale watching this double act - I think he works well with Andi and seems to let Andi get on with it. If he was paired with Craig or Charlie I imagine it would be a cringeworthy.

I haven't watched him on Q yet but do remember growing up watching him with Ed the Duck, on Live & Kicking with Emma Forbes and a very young John Barrowman and interviewing the big pop stars on The Ozone. I thought he made the successful transition to working behind the camera, so was surprised to find him resurrected on Celebrity MC and now QVC - Did things not work out or was he missing the Limelight I wonder?

I used to work with a girl years ago who had worked with him for a while - The stories she told he came across as a right Pampered Demanding Diva - Which in fairness is exactly like he usually comes across on screen. Lol!

10 mince pies, £24.45 including postage. That may seem a tad expensive but, if you buy a second, you only pay half the cost of p+p! £2.45 per pie : do they think we're a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic? Secondly - I am vegetarian, so find this particularly offensive anyway - Phil Vickery comes on with a book he co - wrote : "Pork : preparing, curing and cooking all that's possible from a pig" Who came up with that title? Andi Peters wants a full time presenter's job on the Q, I think as, before going to a break, he would tell us what was coming up, and also informed us about the stock status of products, even non cookery items. Makes him appear quite desperate.

Yeah the mince pies looked delicious but they were too expensive for the family (just for me then :mysmilie_5:....hahahha)

The 'Pork' book, a title if ever there was one to alginate half the population I thought. The brownies did look very good, I just couldn't justify the expense.

I really enjoyed the show, I haven't watched Q for ages and I actually had the tv on for the whole hour, even though Andi did try to get a few too many laughs along the way. If he could just calm down (just a bit) for the last show I might watch again.

Ah, all is revealed. I actually wasn't joking when I posted earlier asking if he was a 'name' on tv before qvc.

Now I discover he was on kid's tv answers everything. I was more of an Andy Pandy girl myself, so am completely oblivious to anything that came later.

A has-been trying to get back ln TV!

Mind you he is probably well suited to QVC as that is where most QVC presenters were.

10 mince pies, £24.45 including postage. That may seem a tad expensive but, if you buy a second, you only pay half the cost of p+p! £2.45 per pie : do they think we're a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic?
Which have done a taste testing of 12 brands of mince pies including ones from Harrods and Fortnum and Mason, the winner was from Aldi and costs £1.69 for 6!

Latest posts

Back