Andy Hodgson - Sells JeanPpaul DuPont, HONESTLY

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thread gone of tangent

i am not defending bid (please see my other posts)

i was just praising andy for doing the job in an honest manner and also in my opinion being fairly entertaining

Indeed, I agree and praised Andy too (I started the thread!)

It's many of the others that we have a dimmer view of, and for very good reason. For example James Russell just said when talking about Tanzanite, quote 'a stone which is getting virtually impossible to get your hands on, even we are struggling at Bid TV to get our hands on Tanzanite it is so, so rare'.

Well they seem to have enough of it to flog as does all the jewellery channels.

Last edited:
yes i agree with that

just like to give balance (which is hard) as i am sure bid look at these pages from time to time

I agree with all you say. It has also crossed my mind that because he is (or has been) the head of presentation and in the management team he isn't subject to the same pressure as the other pit vipers.

Let's not forget that James Russell said on leaving Gems TV 'definatly my last stint at flogging crap on shopping channels. Good night, god bless... Much love' and then backtracked when he had to crawl back to the den of iniquity. Was he expecting ITV and the BBC to come knocking at his door? James, you have well and truly made your bed now, there's no escape from selling crap. You are well and truly typecast now.

Anyway, whatever the reason I hope Andy sticks to his guns and does honest pitches.

I remember when James Russell left Situp a couple of years ago he put something like 'I'm done peddling low quality tat to the gullible general public' on his facebook page; so when he returned to the channels I asked him via facebook if he was going to eat his words and apologise for insulting the viewers............funnily enough he deleted my facebook posting!! The man is so arrogant you could see his ego if you were standing on another planet!!

Another honest sale of JPD by Caroline Lyndsay, none of the old guff (of course she made out it's high end buy hey ho).

Even said it's made in the UAE and it 'maybe has a more unusual name behind it'.

Have we had some sort of affect on Bid Shopping?

Another honest sale of JPD by Caroline Lyndsay, none of the old guff (of course she made out it's high end buy hey ho).

Even said it's made in the UAE and it 'maybe has a more unusual name behind it'.

Have we had some sort of affect on Bid Shopping?

From what I've witnessed over the last couple of days, I think they must have had some kind of "warning". I think they've been told they're "being watched"....and not just by thousands of gullible viewers! Even heard p&p mentioned twice!!!!! Onwards and upwards...let's get this channel back to being a decent place to shop! x

From what I've witnessed over the last couple of days, I think they must have had some kind of "warning". I think they've been told they're "being watched"....and not just by thousands of gullible viewers! Even heard p&p mentioned twice!!!!! Onwards and upwards...let's get this channel back to being a decent place to shop! x

Totally agree although i'm still very cautious, don't forget Peter Simon was still absolutely full of it yesterday.

Mondi 'Kardashian' range? I think not, complete and utter misrepresentation. the only time I heard P&P mentioned was with easybuys although the actual amount was not referred to.

Justin Hazell was very disappointing last night, on at least one sale he didn't mention P+P with easybuy and said all you had to pay was the first installment 'to get it delivered to your door'.

But overall a clear improvement (Simon aside). Nicola George is on later though so be warned!

Last edited:
That sounds like positive news. All I care about is people don't get ripped off or mislead into buying things, as a result of deliberate/genuine 'mistakes' by the presenters/producers/management. When I rang into Bid for what I thought was a bargain Bayliss & Harding gift set, a couple of years ago, the auction was voided by the producers on the claim they had made a mistake. Fair enough. But I was still charged £1.53 premium rate phone charge because of their mistake. Well so what?.... I don't like being ripped off but the more I have watched this TV shopping network, there more that these mistakes and deliberate misleading claims have appeared.

Bid TV need to clean up their act. It's up to viewers and participants in this forum to speak up and make sure the authorities are made aware of the dodgy practices going on in this network. Keep complaining so things can change for the better for the viewers! :talking:

Latest posts

Back