Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw Anne on a clip on the beauty channel the other day, presumably a quite recent clip, and I had to do a double take as I thought she looked really good! It wasn't on long enough for me to figure out quite what it was that had made the difference, but there was definitely something.

Incidentally, I live about 25 miles outside of Glasgow and the accent even gets on my nerves :wink: It's just one of those unfortunate accents that do that - I actually cringe when I hear news reports on the TV where they've interviewed "the locals" and I think WHY?, why did you choose that person with that accent and allow that to be broadcast! :giggle:

There are so many different Glasgow accents, I am from and live in Glasgow and Anne's accent is gentle compared to many!!!!!

There are so many different Glasgow accents, I am from and live in Glasgow and Anne's accent is gentle compared to many!!!!!

I live in Ayrshire, and have relatives who were born and live in Glasgow. It depends which part of the city you are from, some accents in and around the general Glasgow area I hate, but others I love. Ann has been in business and run businesses for many years, she's a very smart woman, and does not need to rely on Q to make ends meet, shall we say. She sounds 'shouty' at times but I think this is because she is actually enjoying what she's doing.

When she first came on I didn't take to her, but I can honestly say she has grown on me, and I think she's looking great, and in my book anyone who loves Italy as much, must be nice to know, not that I'm biased at all.

Let's be honest, there are many accents south of Hadrian's Wall that I hate, so it is what it is - there are much worse than Annie.

Ann is on at present and she really does look pretty good. Would be even better with slightly shorter and a much softer colour hairstyle . You can see that with the longer hair away from her face and it all a bit more fluffy how it softens her.

She does look nice today. That berry colour is very flattering. Her hair looks nice and the glasses are good too.

talking about Ann she's doing the Thornton's chocs at the moment. Nothing to do with Ann but more to do with Thorntons, does anyone really buy these from Q when they are so widely available on most High Streets, because I would never dream of buying them from Q, unless getting out to shops either because of infirmity, or living in a more isolated area, where I can see buying some things like this from Q and also the pies etc they sell, is just not something I'd ever dream of purchasing - just a thought but perhaps I'm in the minority?

W
talking about Ann she's doing the Thornton's chocs at the moment. Nothing to do with Ann but more to do with Thorntons, does anyone really buy these from Q when they are so widely available on most High Streets, because I would never dream of buying them from Q, unless getting out to shops either because of infirmity, or living in a more isolated area, where I can see buying some things like this from Q and also the pies etc they sell, is just not something I'd ever dream of purchasing - just a thought but perhaps I'm in the minority?
No I would never buy Thorntons from Q either, I don't think the prices are that great and find Thorntons too sickly for my taste, agree that Ann looks good today, her hair looks much nicer and the colour she is wearing really seems to flatter her

I think she looks good on the Thorntons hour but she'd still benefit even more from a shorter style which would make her hair look thicker. And if you think her Glasgow accent is strong, then you haven't met anyone with a strong Glaswegian accent, a strong Northern Irish accent or a strong Geordie accent which are almost impossible to understand if you're not used to them. In any case, I like hearing different accents and dialect words and I think our language would be the poorer without them. But carry on as you are, Ann. You look good, you're not shouting and you're letting the guest speak, more than can be said for some of your colleagues: come in, Sara Griffiths.

I like Ann she seems very sincere and I love a Scottish accent. My two wee grandchildren are born in Scotland and I could listen to them all day.

I live in Ayrshire, and have relatives who were born and live in Glasgow. It depends which part of the city you are from, some accents in and around the general Glasgow area I hate, but others I love. Ann has been in business and run businesses for many years, she's a very smart woman, and does not need to rely on Q to make ends meet, shall we say. She sounds 'shouty' at times but I think this is because she is actually enjoying what she's doing.

When she first came on I didn't take to her, but I can honestly say she has grown on me, and I think she's looking great, and in my book anyone who loves Italy as much, must be nice to know, not that I'm biased at all.

Let's be honest, there are many accents south of Hadrian's Wall that I hate, so it is what it is - there are much worse than Annie.

I thought she was a bit batty when she first came, but I thought it was good to see someone different from the "usual" presenters, who sometimes come across as if they think they are better than us, the viewers.
Sometimes I thought she maybe drunk, because she used to say things to the producer or whoever was talking in her ear piece :mysmilie_17: and once said " I think I will be sacked, but I don't care" (something like that) She also looked bloated ,( another reason I thought she likes the the booze a bit too much, but now she looks more polished, her face looks less "bloated" . She seems a nice person. All she has to do is choose some decent clothes that suits her. She is no " I love, love, love" ,Jill or " yeah, yeah, yeah" screeching Pippa, or Snooty Sarah, or "sell, sell, sell" and "twitter me, twitter me, twitter me" Debbie.

There is another thread on Thornton chocs,ohnonotshoppingagain, about Thornton TSV.

W
No I would never buy Thorntons from Q either, I don't think the prices are that great and find Thorntons too sickly for my taste, agree that Ann looks good today, her hair looks much nicer and the colour she is wearing really seems to flatter her

I once bought Thorntons from the Q, I think it was a OTO and I think it was free P&P , it was a good offer, a box of chocs and 3 or 4 bags of chocs, the box of chocs was OK, but some of the chocs in the bags looked like sub standard, so I decided not to buy from Q again, unless it is a very good bargain.

I think she looks good on the Thorntons hour but she'd still benefit even more from a shorter style which would make her hair look thicker. And if you think her Glasgow accent is strong, then you haven't met anyone with a strong Glaswegian accent, a strong Northern Irish accent or a strong Geordie accent which are almost impossible to understand if you're not used to them. In any case, I like hearing different accents and dialect words and I think our language would be the poorer without them. But carry on as you are, Ann. You look good, you're not shouting and you're letting the guest speak, more than can be said for some of your colleagues: come in, Sara Griffiths.

I do not know much about Sara's background before she came to QVC , but I feel that she is not made for a presenter job, she asks almost every guest, " tell me why you think I should buy " the product" , come on, Sara, that type of presenting went out years ago. She is also curt and cold to the presenters, she hardly smiles and even if she tries to appear friendly, she comes across "robotic" .I wonder if she enjoys her job.

Latest posts

Back