Another 'celebrity' beauty range

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Read today that another Z list celebrity is launching a skin cream range on IW.................. PATSY KENSIT !!!!

Gawd, if you get dumped by the record companies, you're too old to be 20 in films, the part of the Fairy Godmother has already been taken in pantomimes, and you're well past your sell by date, then hey, go to the big anti ageing cream laboratory and do some pick'n'mix, cos one of the shopping channels will definitely push your range --- easy money for all.

Maybe it is just me, but I am not swayed by a celebrity's name on a skincare range. There are dozens of brands out there in all price ranges an I don't assume that a has been celeb will do a better job than anything in Boots! Having said that, my brother is obsessed by celebrities and is an autograph hunter and thinks if someone is "famous" they are better than us mere mortals. I don't share these views.

Dennice swears by it, and has been using it for years, made in the same laboratories where they make Firey Jack face cream, for that just burned look

whatever floats your boat, and i'm not poking fun at people (female or male) that spend £££ on skin care products but come on, if they REALLY did what they claim to to any great extent they'd be selling for thousands not £20-£30 quid. and if you look closely at the celebs or 'experts' that promote/sell them, do they really look 'that' good? imagine them without the layers of make-up etc etc.

what you'd need to do is take identical twins, expose them to the same conditions and diet from birth to 70, have one using normal basic moisturisers and the other using more complex products that contain all these 'amazing' ingredients, then see if the latter twin actually looks that much different 7 decades later.

most of it's a con but as i say whatever floats your boat.

Not even worth being tempted IMO because it'll be just like Stephanie Beechams range that they aired 3 or 4 years ago.
A couple of shows and then it disappears, never to be heard from again.

Oh, just remembered Jo Woods also has a range on IW, that went the same way as well.

So, Stephanie Beacham, Linda Lusardi, Lulu, Tess Daly, Joan Collins, Twiggy had a go, and now Patsy Kensit, like I say, there's one huge lab churning out all these 'formulaes' - just adding a bit more of one ingredient (i.e. water [aqua]), create some cheap luxury packaging and wahey, a 4 piece collection is born for 30 quid, and take the profit away, and its about tuppence a bucketful ! Oh the power of advertising !

Yes you're right. It's a similar process when they 'invent' a new fragrance for someone - they just add a little bit of this or a little bit of that and there you have it!

Latest posts

Back