Beauty Month June 2014 - New Products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
Not wanting to duplicate the "New Beauty Items" thread I though it'd be handy to review any new stuff launched for Beauty Month.

So I'll kick off with Cult 51 http://www.qvcuk.com/CULT51-Face-Cream-50ml.product.205122.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-205122 It seems to be another highly priced miracle product with little proven track record. It's priced beyond my current budget but if I won the lottery then I'd probably try pricier ranges just to see what I'd been missing. A quick wander around the web found that the Cult 51 website had temporarily crashed as presumably Q viewers did exactly the same. Not far below their website in the search results I found this review and I thought this might prove helpful if you're tempted next time it's in stock: http://thecosmediccoach.com/51-reasons-i-wouldnt-buy-cult-51/ I wonder whether new brands push up their prices but don't bank on repeat purchases, the cynic in me doubts we'll still be talking about Cult51 in 10 years time. They'll make a fast buck and launch something else when the bubbles bursts.

Anyone tempted?

Brilliant Akimbo!!! More smoke and mirrors from the cosmetic industry. And they are lying saying the world's most expensive, at £125 its cheap compared to Shiseido and Sisley who bought have face creams in the £300 mark for the same 50mls.

The Daily Mail is always doing this oh the latest wonder product and its nothing more than an advert for said product which no doubt they get paid to promote.

No way in hell would I buy this cream,and I disliked the woman guest no idea who she was.
Lynn :mysmilie_11:

I didn't see the show but this am did check out their website. It didn't encourage me to purchase it. Not sure as well that it will have staying power.

Nope I wouldn`t pay the asking price for it nor would I pay the asking price for many other skincare or makeup items.

The rep had a rather severe black bob and the obligatory nerd/Michael Caine glasses but didn't inspire me with her skin. She and AY just waffled without really identifying the alleged 51 effects or listing the effective ingreeejunts.

Meanwhile on the Q website if you click on the Beauty Month link http://www.qvcuk.com/Beauty+Month.c...one’s+talking+about+beauty!_Beauty+Month+logo you arrive at a long list of assorted products including lots that have been lurking in Last Clicks and there's even a Jemma Kidd blusher on waitlist and it's years since her company folded. Don't hold your breath if you go one waitlist for that one! With a list of nearly two and half thousand items you might as well just randomly click on on the Beauty Department, it's not really focusing on the month's specials FFS! :mysmilie_10:

V poor so far. Flaming June? Flaming let down imho! :mysmilie_51:

Beauty Month used to be July for years, suddenly last year it was June.

But no doubt July will have a few Beauty Days instead.

Didn't we find out that beauty accounts for the largest part of the QVC sales, 30% of everything they sell with fashion coming in second?

The guest presenter for BioEg stuff is a beauty journalist, so they aren't even using proper company reps any more. They just repeat parrot fashion the company burb (oh and just to let you know, beauty journalists are paid by the magazine they work for, who in turn are paid by advertising from the beauty companies pushing the products), so not independent. Beauty Bloggers are the ones who do tell it how it is, most actually buy the products themselves, some do get stuff sent but will still give a balanced view.

Latest posts

Back