Any ideas, polish removers?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone - I have pots and pots of LDenny, OPI, ProStrong & NailsInc. and have finished those itty-bitty nail polish removers that come in their kits. Why don't le Q sell large-size removers? What remover do you recommend? My thanks in advance ...

I don't really think there's much difference in any of them. The LD one I have now from his recent TSV smells worse than most but it does the job.

I tend to buy Cutex from the supermarket if I'm honest.

I'd be interested in an answer to this thread please, I'm sure my remover isn't doing my dry nails any good.

Beware of Boots Acetone free if you have gel nails. Apparantly not as acetone free as it says according to the girl who does my nails

I have a huge Nails Inc remover - I've had it what seems like ages and got it from QVC.

Its got to be OPI Acetone Free Nail Polish Remover
QVC used to sell a large bottle but they don't often have it now
so I get mine from Sallys

i am a cutex girl usually but i have a large opi remover in the bedroom so it depends where i am in the house

I have an "affordable" one from lidl which comes in those press-top dispenser bottles and smells nicer than many, I think it comes in 2 options : with and without acetone. It works quicker than the Leighton Denny ones I've also been using up.
Nail condition seems the same.
Jude xx

I wear a lot of glitter nail polish which is very hard to remove so I use pure acetone,obviously I am not recommending this for anyone it just works for me as I have very long strong nails thankfully.
Lynn.

I wear a lot of glitter nail polish which is very hard to remove so I use pure acetone,obviously I am not recommending this for anyone it just works for me as I have very long strong nails thankfully.
Lynn.

On one of the nail shows the other day I think it was LD they said to remove glitter polish to wrap the pad with the remover on onto the nail with some tin foil. Wrap each one so this will hold the pad into the nail. Then by the time you get to the last one you can remove the first one and it should have soaked in enough to come straight off.

Don't know if it works as I don't wear glitter polish. But I know when I used to it was a pain to remove so never buy it now. Might be worth a try.

I'm using and liking the cutex Nourishing nail polish remover for weak nails. Shall definitely re purchase when I run out.

Thanks everyone for your input. Our Boots closes at 1 on Saturdays and doesn't stock nail polish removers, so would have to special-order. How's that for rural, village living? Again, thank you!

I am using one I got with my online Tesco food shopping order I think it is a Sally Hanson - it is nothing special but removes the nail polish which is what it is supposed to do! I live in the countryside too and we don't even have a Boots so this is the next best thing.

I use Sally Hansen Moisturising Polish Remover for Dry/Brittle Nails (t'is the green one) - I absolutely swear by it and wouldn't ever use anything else. It does contain acetone but it is so effective and it has saved my dry nails from oblivion and actually improved their condition - I change my nail colour every day and they wouldn't be in half as good condition now if I didn't use this remover.

I have an "affordable" one from lidl which comes in those press-top dispenser bottles and smells nicer than many, I think it comes in 2 options : with and without acetone. It works quicker than the Leighton Denny ones I've also been using up.
Nail condition seems the same.
Jude xx

I use the Lidl one too.

Latest posts

Back