Anyone going for the mitts?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NIKKID

Registered Shopper
I have just ordered them in black. They have to be worth a punt at that price! I intend to use mine in winter to open and close my stove doors rather than in the kitchen.

i have gone for them...i have a set i bought ages ago in House of Fraser but were half silicone, half cotton and they have started to fall apart...I think the QVC ones look much thinner than mine but they have lasted ages and are great...and can open bottles and jars because of the grip!

I've gone for the green....only because they look to be reasonably flexible...I've tried similar before and not been happy as I've not been able to bend my hands properly to fetch, say, a casserole out of the oven and I certainly didn't fancy it landing on the floor! I'm big into green accessories for the kitchen at the mo (Prepology cutting boards, utensils etc) so if nothing else I can have them on show as decoration!

I've got a pair which look identical to these. I bought them while on hols in the USA (I think at Walmart - yes, I really am that sad!). Mine are red, and if they are the same, mine are padded inside. They are very good and totally heat proof oven mits, and washable. They will be perfect for dealing with your stove Nikki.

no - I'm waiting for the day qvc bring us laura ashley/next esque bins,kettles,lighting and pretty things for my house!!

just guessing, maybe B&M bargain shop, like home bargains, poundstretcher etc???

yes it's a bargain shop like Poundstretcher, they used to be called Bargain Madness not sure where the '&' appeared from?

not sure if there are any down south, loads of them round here though - North West - & they sell loads of QVC-a-like stuff but for a fraction of the price and no P&P, I :heart: them!

I got the Orca style gloves from eBay, much cheaper than QVC's price. They're very hefty but safe. Trust QVC to bring out something better when I've no excuse to buy it :( I did order the boxy cheese grater but now I can't imagine why :pizza:

clemenzina

I really miss B&Ms - nothing quite like it down here! I used to live in Lytham (Their H&Q is in Cleveleys I think) Sadly they're relocating their HQ to merseyside I hear, which is a bit of a blow to those who live in the Fylde area who've worked for them for years)

Sorry bit off-topic

I went for the purple TSV :happy:

Jude xx

There were loads of Orca ones in the Warrington outlet when I was there a week or two ago selling for around £8 I think, so not a massive difference to yesterday's TSV in price. The Orca ones were quite small - they were labelled as 'small/petite' - and the TSV looked pretty big to me. They would have suited me as I have huge hands and piano player fingers (useless as I am tone deaf) but I got some Orca ones for my best friend who has teeny hands and a nuclear oven :giggle:

I really miss B&Ms - nothing quite like it down here! I used to live in Lytham (Their H&Q is in Cleveleys I think) Sadly they're relocating their HQ to merseyside I hear, which is a bit of a blow to those who live in the Fylde area who've worked for them for years)

Sorry bit off-topic

I went for the purple TSV :happy:

Jude xx

When I was a civil servant working in St Annes on Sea in the mid 70's, I used to mosey into town on a Friday lunchtime to spend my wages in 'B&M Bargains', as it was then known. Hair products was my weakness in those day, and it was a really cheap place to buy Nice n Easy hair colourant, Sunsilk shampoo & Creme Silk conditioner - remember those gems anyone? :blush:

Oooh! small world I worked for DHSS (80s), Premium Bonds and ITSA (90s) before we moved down south!

Jude xx

Oooh! small world I worked for DHSS (80s), Premium Bonds and ITSA (90s) before we moved down south!
Jude xx
I was at Premium Bonds from 76 - 79, before the move to Marton, then I left to train as a nurse (at the Vic).
I think we had a similar conversation before, when Blackpool FC got promoted!

Latest posts

Back