Anyone remember the QVC Ceefax pages?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Golden Brown

Registered Shopper
Does anyone remember the QVC Ceefax bargains pages? They were the early version of 'last clicks' on the website. You couldn't see the product - only the item number, description and price. I bought a few things, knowing that if they weren't any good I could return them. Actually there were some real bargains especially on jewellery (unlike the website today where most things only have a few quid off the price!) Ah, memories!

Does anyone remember the QVC Ceefax bargains pages? They were the early version of 'last clicks' on the website. You couldn't see the product - only the item number, description and price. I bought a few things, knowing that if they weren't any good I could return them. Actually there were some real bargains especially on jewellery (unlike the website today where most things only have a few quid off the price!) Ah, memories!

I used to love the yellow button, waiting till midnight to see the latest sale bargains! I got a pair of gold butterfly earring for £6 once!!

Me! Me! Me! Stuff used to go on Tuesday and Friday around 5pm. Hitting refresh all the time to see if it updated.

Aveda full sizes in a kit for around £19

Quite a bit of jewellery

I still have a 14ct gold white and yellow diamonique ring I got around £20. It was described as a rope design, which it did turn out to be. Double row of white gold and bezel set yellow gold, really heavy gold weight too.

I loved the interactive tv we have Virgin so not as many functions as Sky but great all the same.
I liked ordering via the tv too.
Also cheque reserve was fantastic to hold an item was fab.

I don't remember the QVC pages but I do remember Ceefax. I used to like the "lift music" they used to play when it aired on TV. I also remember teletext. On Channel 4 page 446 there used to be an agony aunt page which was always a real "must-read." I also remember that test card with the girl and that doll playing noughts & crosses. I wish they'd bring teletext back. I know the internet is amazing but there was a nice simplicity about Teletext which I am sure many people would appreciate. It was great for news and weather.

I don't remember the QVC pages but I do remember Ceefax. I used to like the "lift music" they used to play when it aired on TV. I also remember teletext. On Channel 4 page 446 there used to be an agony aunt page which was always a real "must-read." I also remember that test card with the girl and that doll playing noughts & crosses. I wish they'd bring teletext back. I know the internet is amazing but there was a nice simplicity about Teletext which I am sure many people would appreciate. It was great for news and weather.

Julius have you never ordered via the red button? :mysmilie_466:

:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back